Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Feb 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2405628)   #126
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper
Thanks for the information, great news. Do you have a source by any chance?

This will be interesting in Britain if British Eurosport get the F1 support races as well, they'll be showing GP2, FIA F2 and WSbR!!!

For GP2 on British Eurosport i don't know,i live in france and if it's the same deal for British Eurosport you won't watch feature race in live,the feature race will be broadcasted in delayed the saturday evening or sunday morning and sprint race will be broadcasted in live.

Old 27 Feb 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2405640)   #127
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan
A member of Tech 1 team.

A race engineer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan
For GP2 on British Eurosport i don't know,i live in france and if it's the same deal for British Eurosport you won't watch feature race in live,the feature race will be broadcasted in delayed the saturday evening or sunday morning and sprint race will be broadcasted in live.
Cool, thanks Rf1 Fan and welcome to 10 Tenths.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2405647)   #128
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2409254)   #129
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Federico Leo recently confirmed at Pons:
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=22277&cat=5
Old 5 Mar 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2409265)   #130
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Federico Leo recently confirmed at Pons:
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=22277&cat=5
Interesting. He was supposed to be doing BF3 this season with Ombra, with whom he raced in German F3 and at Monza with BF3 last year. Not very quick.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2409485)   #131
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Interesting. He was supposed to be doing BF3 this season with Ombra, with whom he raced in German F3 and at Monza with BF3 last year. Not very quick.
With so many empty seats in World Series, maybe he saw the opportunity to fry (or get fried by) bigger fish.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2409488)   #132
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear a certain Bruno Senna is now looking for other options than F1.

With all the top GP2 seats taken, could WSR be an option ?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2409523)   #133
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that would be my thought as well. there's some good high profile seats available i reckon, and his personal sponsors would be able to benefit from the openness for the spectators... seems like a good match, especially considering the prize.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2409877)   #134
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting thought. I reckon Renault would bend over backwards to get him on board.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2409907)   #135
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Miguel Molina in at Ultimate
Old 6 Mar 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2410169)   #136
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a good signing for Ultimate, I think, although it does make me wonder what happens to Guerrieri, Carbone and Mansell. Only one (if any) will get the second seat.

Still, I'd say that immediately makes Molina favourite judging by his classification last year and the fact he is with the team that came second in 2008. He'd better hope for a better start to the season than he has last year!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2410230)   #137
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a small update to include Ultimate and Pons:

Tech 1 Racing - Charles Pic (FRA)
Ultimate Motorsport - Miguel Molina (ESP)
P1 Motorsport - James Walker (GBR)
Prema Powerteam - Omar Leal (COL)
Carlin Motorsport - Jaime Alguersuari (ESP) & Oliver Turvey (GBR)
Draco Racing - Bertrand Baguette (BEL) & Marco Barba (ESP)
Pons Racing - Marcos Martinez (ESP) & Federico Leo (ITA)
Comtec Racing - Alexandre Marsoin (FRA) & Anton Nebylitskiy (RUS)
Fortec Motorsport - Fairuz Fauzy (MAL) & Sten Pentus (EST)

Means we have no drivers for KTR, Interwetten, RC and Epsilon Euskadi, while Tech 1, Ultimate, P1 and Prema still have one more to add - and testing starts next week.

My only predictions are Greg Mansell/Ricardo Teixeira/Esteban Guerrieri at Ultimate, Renger van der Zande at Prema, Siso Cunill at KTR and Pablo Sanchez/Salvador Duran at Interwetten. Maybe Filipe Albuquerque at Epsilon Euskadi.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2410246)   #138
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as Filipe A. doesn't have to skip any A1GP rounds to do WSR, I'd say "go for it"... I think he maybe has more to gain in A1 as the cars are higher performance and he is, in my opinion, facing a higher calibre of drivers.

Also he has a chance of winning the A1GP title, next season if not this season, whereas Epsilon in WSR seem to have dropped off since 2005.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2410552)   #139
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's an excellent signing for Ultimate IMO. He really has developed into a very tidy little driver over the past two seasons and as OJB said, if he has a better start to the year than in 2008, he has got to be one of the favourites for the title. And if Ultimate had any sense they would partner him with either Guerrieri or Mansell, not Teixeira.

This year's championship looks fascinating, with Molina, Pic, Walker, Baguette and Alguersuari all capable of taking the title IMO. And if the aero revisions to the car allow for closer racing, then all the better!
Old 6 Mar 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2410633)   #140
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have we seen any pics yet of the cars with the aero revisions? Interested to see what changes they make.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2410679)   #141
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
This year's championship looks fascinating, with Molina, Pic, Walker, Baguette and Alguersuari all capable of taking the title IMO.
I'd add Turvey to that list too.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2410983)   #142
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
I'd add Turvey to that list too.
Ditto. I think a Turvey who doesn't have to worry about studying for and then sitting exams will be even stronger than he was last year in BF3.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2411089)   #143
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Molina has to be in with a title chance at Ultimate.

I know it's a long shot but I was hoping to see Greg Mansell and Bruno Senna in the same garage at Ultimate. Now that would be interesting !

The Carlin duo get to continue there dual from last year and I expect a few fireworks there, should produce some thrills and spills.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2411140)   #144
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
If you want thrills and spills in the Carlin garage, you should have Turvey and Brendon Hartley together. I still smile when I think of Brendon referring to Oliver as "the ginger one" in a TV interview which went out on air after second BF3 race in Bucharest last season.

As for Ultimate, I hope they retain Esteban Guerrieri, although I guess any team would be ecstatic to have Bruno Senna. Greg Mansell? Under no circumstances, anywhere, thank you.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2411320)   #145
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mansell is rumoured to be the one in the second Ultimate car

Tech1 will test Frankie Provenzano at Jerez and Valencia.

Even for top teams it seems not that easy to find drivers...
Old 8 Mar 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2411479)   #146
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As for Ultimate, I hope they retain Esteban Guerrieri, although I guess any team would be ecstatic to have Bruno Senna. Greg Mansell? Under no circumstances, anywhere, thank you.
I think that Guerrieri would be the team's best chance of securing wins and possibly the championship. Senna would be a good option given his experience in GP2 and the attention he would bring to any team. However, I suspect that the DTM or sportscars will be his home of '09. Greg Mansell, I feel lacks the experience and successes to be competitive at this level, however, if he brings a load of sponsorship then teams may look to recuit him and enable them to run a less funded, but more competitve driver in another car.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2411602)   #147
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I much doubt in Senna's link, don't know where it came from, but IMO it'd be risky for him if he didn't perform. It's tough championship, where 3/4 of contenders are contenders for race wins and halfof'em for championship, it went well for Vettel but may not work for Senna. Just a guess. My second guess is that we still may see Senna in #8 KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara in ICS.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2411624)   #148
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
Have we seen any pics yet of the cars with the aero revisions? Interested to see what changes they make.
No, not that I know of.

The Renault-Sport press release at the end of September stated that "the aerodynamics of the Formula Renault 3.5 car will undergo minor enhancements inspired by the 2009 F1 regulations", so I'm guessing (and hoping) that they'll remove most of the flick-ups and chimney's from the side pods.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2412049)   #149
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
I much doubt in Senna's link, don't know where it came from, but IMO it'd be risky for him if he didn't perform. It's tough championship, where 3/4 of contenders are contenders for race wins and halfof'em for championship, it went well for Vettel but may not work for Senna. Just a guess. My second guess is that we still may see Senna in #8 KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara in ICS.
The Senna link was just a thought Alex. Nothing more in it than that. I personally think it would be his best option as it seems clear that unless he secured a top seat in GP2 he would look elsewhere. I just feel WSR would be a good fit considering, and I think any series will be to risky for him if he does'nt perform
Old 9 Mar 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2412059)   #150
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Quote:
If you want thrills and spills in the Carlin garage, you should have Turvey and Brendon Hartley together. I still smile when I think of Brendon referring to Oliver as "the ginger one" in a TV interview which went out on air after second BF3 race in Bucharest last season.

Yes, I remember Hartley giving Turvey a bit of a dressing down Most amusing !

Strider, It would seem your not a huge fan of Mansell. I thought his performance in BF3 in O7 was quite strong, are you doubting his on track ability or character off it

Molina and Guerrieri would be a great pairing, but as ever money talks. I'm sure we will have a better idea after Jerez tommorrow, and I can't wait to get a look at the new car. I was hoping the Renault sport site would have had a least a sneak preview, but it would seem to be the same as last year. A poor website and a pain to navigate around.

Tags
dallara, formula renault 3.5, world series by renault