Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Oct 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2556253)   #126
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I expected this season to be a straight shootout between Gio and Matt Neal. However, it seems like the Vauxhall was no longer THE car to be in. It would be a shame if that is the last we have seen of Gio in BTCC.
I think Gio proved that the Vauxhall was certainly ONE of the cars to be in, just that Matt Neal was not one of the drivers to be in it.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2556481)   #127
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
While we're at it - how did Plato not get penalised for his move to take the lead from Chilton in the second race? Just another punt from behind in the braking area to force Chilton wide, how many times does Plato have to do that before he picks up a penalty?
Old 8 Oct 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2556517)   #128
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I need to watch the replay again, but was Matt Neal not running wide BEFORE Turkington got inside him? I might watch it again tonight, so see if my memory is playing tricks with me.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2556536)   #129
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
While we're at it - how did Plato not get penalised for his move to take the lead from Chilton in the second race? Just another punt from behind in the braking area to force Chilton wide, how many times does Plato have to do that before he picks up a penalty?
I thought that too.

However, there are so many moves like the one Adam got penalised for at Brands in April that happen each weekend. This weekend alone, you have Neal, Gio, Turkington, Plato et al pulling at least one of these moves.

I am really torn on this one; on the one hand it is underhand, unskilled, and blatant cheating. On the other hand, especially at circuits like Brands Hatch Indy, I am not sure we would see much overtaking at all if all these incidents were dealt with as seriously as Jordan's at Donnington (ie 3 points on licence). We would either have no one left at the end of the season who is permitted to race, or have very little overtaking for fear of reprisal.

Real tough one that won't get resolved overnight/winter break.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2556539)   #130
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I need to watch the replay again, but was Matt Neal not running wide BEFORE Turkington got inside him? I might watch it again tonight, so see if my memory is playing tricks with me.
Yep, Neal had already run wide, Turkington got alongside him and hung him out to dry on the grass. If you watch it again - listen for the crowds reaction
Old 8 Oct 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2556630)   #131
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched race 3 again last night and it did almost look like Neal turned in on Turks later on in the corner. Surely the damage Turks picked up would point towards that being the case?

As for Plato / Chilton, Plato claimed the Focus braked earlier...
Old 8 Oct 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2556642)   #132
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I watched race 3 again last night and it did almost look like Neal turned in on Turks later on in the corner. Surely the damage Turks picked up would point towards that being the case?
I think that was desparation on Neals part, if he'd lifted earlier and conceded the position he could have made it round the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
As for Plato / Chilton, Plato claimed the Focus braked earlier...
He would say that
Old 8 Oct 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2556754)   #133
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I disagree, Colin made enough contact with Neal to gain the place unfairly, although so did many others as mentioned, heart says Colin deserved the title but the rules had they been enforced would have seen Giovanardi win it.

The series has alot to answer for as to why no penalties were handed out.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2556817)   #134
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
I disagree, Colin made enough contact with Neal to gain the place unfairly, although so did many others as mentioned, heart says Colin deserved the title but the rules had they been enforced would have seen Giovanardi win it.
Nah... I think if the rules had been enforced over the entire season... then its most likely Colin would have still lifted the crown. He's arguably the cleanest driver in the series.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2556954)   #135
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Icebaby, I believe this is yours.

Old 9 Oct 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2557399)   #136
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last races were always going to be a bit rough - thats the way BTCC is and what brings in the fans - the last thing fans wanted was the race and the championship to be decided post cheq flag by penalties - stewards did a good job
Old 9 Oct 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2557523)   #137
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Nah... I think if the rules had been enforced over the entire season... then its most likely Colin would have still lifted the crown. He's arguably the cleanest driver in the series.
Agreed. On balance throughout the whole season, the right driver was crowned champion. Well done Colin!
Old 9 Oct 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2557565)   #138
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Icebaby, I believe this is yours.

I use CD's now but thanks for the thought....