Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2666160)   #126
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Fair play to Mark today, made the best decision on tyres in difficult conditions. Can't wait for the race
Can't wait for the FIRST CORNER !!!!!!
Old 4 Apr 2010, 03:54 (Ref:2666236)   #127
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching some 2008 races, alongside Vettel at STR knowing what we know now i dont think Bourdais was really doing too bad a job. He had some excellent results. His results were not overly different to Webbers when alongside Vettel, i think quali he actually did a little better then Webber

All set of today, just hope the weather isnt sooo bad the race is shortened

Last edited by OZ_HCR32; 4 Apr 2010 at 03:59.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2667269)   #128
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be3-J9XtJCw
Old 5 Apr 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2667298)   #129
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How embarrassed does he look in that video!?
Old 6 Apr 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2667463)   #130
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Can't wait for the FIRST CORNER !!!!!!
Bet that Mark can't wait to forget that first corner
Old 6 Apr 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2667479)   #131
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Change thread title to Round 3?
Old 6 Apr 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2667482)   #132
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Mr V, Webber messed up that start again.

I was really glad to see them get through the first corner, safely.

In that way, I think Webber will be glad he gave up the fight for the first corner when he did, losing the battle to still be in with a chance to win the WDC.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2667518)   #133
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Change thread title to Round 3?
It refers to the second season of comparison between the two drivers within their own thread, after last year's monster thread.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2667573)   #134
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this weekend was a better indicator of how close they are in performance. I think Vettel enjoys the edge, but thats all it really is, an edge (which is all it takes).

I know racing is not about ifs and buts and maybes, but Vettel has been supremely good and unlucky so far this year. But it would not have been a stretch for Webber to have won in Melbourne or at least got a podium if RBR had got their pit strategy right.

Just looking forward and hoping that RBR are all warmed up and ready to go racing for the remainder of rounds, i cant wait to see RBR take one or both of the championships
Old 6 Apr 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2667858)   #135
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
I think this weekend was a better indicator of how close they are in performance. I think Vettel enjoys the edge, but thats all it really is, an edge (which is all it takes).
I look at it like this, and i'm not just talking about Seb and Mark here, but when you have 2 team mates line astern, with the freedom to race, when the driver behind, at best is within 1.5 seconds, then down to 5 or so seconds behind, then the driver behind isn't quick enough, and the driver in front is usually driving within himself.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2668000)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who said RBR gave their pilots a 'freedom to race'?

The bloke furthest towards the front gets to pit first, gets the best of the strategy selection.. so the bloke in the following position will always get screwed..
Old 7 Apr 2010, 01:32 (Ref:2668021)   #137
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I look at it like this, and i'm not just talking about Seb and Mark here, but when you have 2 team mates line astern, with the freedom to race, when the driver behind, at best is within 1.5 seconds, then down to 5 or so seconds behind, then the driver behind isn't quick enough, and the driver in front is usually driving within himself.
The internet, bring together people with different views of things ...

I hear you, but if you notice that Webber was within 1.5-2.0 seconds of Seb the whole first stint. More like 0.8-1.5 seconds for much of it, but lets call it 2 seconds...because the pit call came to look after the tyres by getting out of his dirty air.

In the pit stop Webber lost another 2 seconds to Vettel. For the next 10 or so laps Webber got it from 6 seconds to 4 seconds (remember that he came out after Hamo and that meant the gap went from around 4 seconds to about 6 seconds before Hamo pitted)

So, he got it back to around 4 seconds, partly because Vettel was just lapping and Webber ws going for the occassional fastest lap...

So if you look at it that way the only difference between the two guys this weekend was:

- Vettel got a great start to Webbers good start (he still beat Rosberg & Sutil to the first corner so wasnt a terrible start)

- Vettel / RBR pitted which resulted in him coming out jsut ahead of Hamo

- Webber / RBR pitted which resulted in him coming out just behind of Hamo, after a 2 or so second delay with a jammed gun

In my eyes the difference between them all weekend was about 300mtrs of turn 1 and 2 when Webber and Vettel played it as tough as fair team mates could
Old 7 Apr 2010, 06:37 (Ref:2668050)   #138
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Who said RBR gave their pilots a 'freedom to race'?

The bloke furthest towards the front gets to pit first, gets the best of the strategy selection.. so the bloke in the following position will always get screwed..
Then surely its up to the bloke behind to go faster and overtake

I will concede that Mark was very unlucky with the wheel nut during his pit stop, but he still would have been behind Seb anyway.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 08:10 (Ref:2668099)   #139
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, if Webber was to be any chance of jumping Vettel in the pitstop he had to be right on Vettel's tail (ie ~1sec back) when he pitted with speed up his sleeve. I don't think the jammed rattle gun made the difference, and overall I do agree with you OZ_HCR32 the first corner determined the result, after that there wasn't a realistic chance of passing on the track.

How things change though - last week it was driving too hard, this week not driving hard enough (into turn 1)!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2670100)   #140
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Face it on a scale of 1 to 10. the first corner of Malaysia would be 10 for Vettel and 0 or less for Webber! He had the first corner sewn up, nobody could have passed him if he stayed where he was and then he opened the door and invited Vettel through! Game over!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 03:01 (Ref:2672417)   #141
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport's race report almost gives complete blame for his missing Vettel behind him to the widely placed mirrors giving no vision whatsoever.
What with Alonso's pirouette in Oz and Mark losing this GP, I wonder what difference the repositioned mirrors will make
Old 14 Apr 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2672559)   #142
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
If I drew the defensive line through the first corner he was on it.
The line he went to would have been the fastest line through the corner.
Going there ... BIG MISTAKE.

Lack of racing experience, not used to having anybody close!
Vettel is still laughing I reckon.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2672567)   #143
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Lack of racing experience, not used to having anybody close!
Webber seems to be getting himself into these 'close' situations more than any other driver, I would have thought?

Quote:
Vettel is still laughing I reckon.
Vettel will still be smarting from the fact that Webber got pole plus fastest lap and he didn't.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2672575)   #144
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He had the first corner sewn up, nobody could have passed him if he stayed where he was and then he opened the door and invited Vettel through! Game over!
Yes but he won't be doing that again. Things 'look' hunky dory between the drivers, but I can forsee Mark endulging in a bit of wheel banging with Seb if he doesn't get that season's first win under his belt before too long.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2672735)   #145
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be great to see them figthing for the WDC... Nobody can't say that they don't have all the looks for a perfect drama, in and out of the track !
Old 14 Apr 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2672756)   #146
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

Vettel will still be smarting from the fact that Webber got pole plus fastest lap and he didn't.
For sure, but Mark will be smarting more that Seb got the win and he didn't.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2672944)   #147
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes but he won't be doing that again. Things 'look' hunky dory between the drivers, but I can forsee Mark endulging in a bit of wheel banging with Seb if he doesn't get that season's first win under his belt before too long.
That will nix his future employment at Red Bull!
Which will be a real pity because I think they have good chemistry!
Old 15 Apr 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2673024)   #148
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Which will be a real pity because I think they have good chemistry!
Not necessarily.....

Horner and Mate****z will be looking to Mark to really perform to keep his place. They expect him just as well as Vettel to be chellenging for wins every round. Contact is an inevitable aspect of competitive, fairly evenly matched teammates.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2673392)   #149
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SV stuffs it up the inside and takes MW out and it's going to be MW's fault eh?
Old 16 Apr 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2673413)   #150
wnut
Veteran

Sadly I think that Vettel is the team leader and even in this instance Webber would have to prove he couldn't avoid the contact. Probably would have been told to move over before it came to that. As long as Mark is supporting Seb and is close to him in the races I think his position is safe. Without taking anything away from Mark - who is very very good - I think that Vettel is probably the quicker of the two the moment. They also appear to make a very good team, but if you had to choose one over the other I think Mark would be the loser.
Closed Thread