Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 17 Jan 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3012849)   #126
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I'm being honest, I agree with the mega Kart track, but by the same token if you were to join some of the sections with dirt track, it's would make an ideal Supermoto/supermotard course as well.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3015564)   #127
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like what you have done with such a restricted space.
There isn't very much room for infrastructure but then you are not going to do any 'big' events, its mainly small 'club' style events and track days etc.

It would be a great track for superkarts/road racing karts and small motorcycles but running a moto GP bike would be an huge effort as would a superbike.

As for cars maybe under 1600cc town cars and the like (Suzuki Swifts, Kia's, VW Polos etc) but even a Radical Clubsport would struggle to get much pace around there.

Yes some safety and gravel traps need a little care but really all I can say is it really appeals to me.

As an exercise it is really good.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3015700)   #128
Himlar
Rookie

Himlar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, and with restricted land there's not much else to do but make a "giant kart track". The only thing I would test would be to stitch the esses together with the following corner, and making that more sweeping onto the back straight.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3145009)   #129
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello folks!
Long time didn't posted anything, so it's about time.
This time I have come up with a National, Regional and club level job.Full track is 4.2K (2.6) miles , with two variations for the long course and also two separate tracks, a 3.3 Regional and national and a 2K club level.

It's not intended to be a piece of graphic art but more of a sketch to see what fits and how in the terrain and what can be done. Hope you like it and of course, edits and suggestions are more than welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Juncos_2_Tracks.jpg   Juncos_GP_Track_2.6m.jpg   Juncos_2k_Club Track.jpg  

Juncos_alternate_long_course.jpg  
Old 2 Oct 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3145220)   #130
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Hello folks!
Long time didn't posted anything, so it's about time.
This time I have come up with a National, Regional and club level job.Full track is 4.2K (2.6) miles , with two variations for the long course and also two separate tracks, a 3.3 Regional and national and a 2K club level.

It's not intended to be a piece of graphic art but more of a sketch to see what fits and how in the terrain and what can be done. Hope you like it and of course, edits and suggestions are more than welcome!
Ok sorry about the lack of details on the opening post, her we go with the explanation:

Full Circuit
Runs CW starting from the bottom of the image into we have a 685m long main straight heading into the big parabolica (I hate T1's being an overtaking spot, makes for messy starts) heading into the infield section t2-t3 heading to a hairpin, inner straignt to a fast chicane (t5-6-7)then some left corners that you will have to connect properly to get the best lap, some tricky multi-apex heading to the connection with the small track, which we will only use the outside perimeter for faster cars and probably will reverse and use the inner perimeter for bikes, in any case we will re-join the main track after the tight hairpin I put there to make everyone almost stop( and a last chance overtaking section) and there again to main straight. It does have quite many corners so it should be pretty physical lap for bikers, albeit it does have breathing room. The lap is 2.6 miles either way you take it.

Medium Circuit
As you can see, one of my typical geometric designs trying to get the best use of the available terrain, comes out at 3.3K 14 turn deal.Runs CW.

Small Circuit
Contains two 400m long straights and an infield section that makes it an 11 turn, 2K long Club affair. It's ran CW.

All this I made it in one session, I haven't bothered to try other designs yet into that terrain.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3145468)   #131
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
February 3rd track

Krakatoa Park in Australia.
5.9 Km main loop
820 mt main stright
22 corners
2 loops available

The principal feature is it's wide open character , sort of like Qatar, where you can quit thinking and still hit nothing, its a speed circuit, most turns are wide radiused, the esses are smooth, a flowing section to leave your competition in the dust if taken properly. 22 corners counted but some are multi apexed so there really is less direction changes than that.

Its a little different from my usual intestinal ,geometric tracks, we don't had a problem here with open, unused space, that's for the people to walk around and camp out where they like, as long as they stay inside the safety perimeter.
I like this 2011 one!
Old 12 Oct 2012, 01:57 (Ref:3150221)   #132
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Hey all

Been kind of out of the air lately, but always around,checking out, new people on board, very nice to see

This time I have to design a track into a very small place, and I have to make the best use of available room(how many times have I said that? )

So looking at the space and size available, I came up with a 2.3k job, it has not too many corners and some of them don't interrupt the flow, but I've included at least 4 maybe 5 overtaking spots, so there will be no lack of action, the track doesn't have any kind of long straight due to space restrictions, but that can work out good for a municipal, semi-public race track, since you will not have bikes reaching out to over 180MPH it can be considered a "safe" track in that respect. It makes it more viable to fund such a project, in a sue-happy-trigger society

So we have 12 corners observed by me, the track goes CCW and you will have to connect the dots properly to get a good laptime, if you screw one corner you may screw the whole section in most cases here. The longest straight is ~400mts, but the radius of the corners have been kept as large as possible,to have as many fast corners I could,given the situation.The track yells "motorcycle" (now that was a surprise, wasn't it?) but touring cars can have fun too, and street cars and the average idiot on a car could have a blast in this club.
Tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Juncos_2.33~.jpg  
Old 16 Oct 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3152847)   #133
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hey all

Been kind of out of the air lately, but always around,checking out, new people on board, very nice to see

This time I have to design a track into a very small place, and I have to make the best use of available room(how many times have I said that? )

So looking at the space and size available, I came up with a 2.3k job, it has not too many corners and some of them don't interrupt the flow, but I've included at least 4 maybe 5 overtaking spots, so there will be no lack of action, the track doesn't have any kind of long straight due to space restrictions, but that can work out good for a municipal, semi-public race track, since you will not have bikes reaching out to over 180MPH it can be considered a "safe" track in that respect. It makes it more viable to fund such a project, in a sue-happy-trigger society

So we have 12 corners observed by me, the track goes CCW and you will have to connect the dots properly to get a good laptime, if you screw one corner you may screw the whole section in most cases here. The longest straight is ~400mts, but the radius of the corners have been kept as large as possible,to have as many fast corners I could,given the situation.The track yells "motorcycle" (now that was a surprise, wasn't it?) but touring cars can have fun too, and street cars and the average idiot on a car could have a blast in this club.
Tell me what you think.
I like the flow of this one very much. It's also a simple design and simple is always the hardest to do. You have done a great job. A Formula 3 race should be very interesting to watch on this circuit.
Kudos for coming up with a great one. It's just too bad the place is too tiny to host international events since I think it's circuits like this one which the calendars of the higher formulae would need these days.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 03:58 (Ref:3183184)   #134
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Hi all out there!
Been basically hibernating designwise, so heres a little thought on an abandoned military airport in the northern part of my country.I'm seeing it Clockwise, there are 14 turns observed by me, 6R/8L ,the whole deal is 2.2 miles(International minimum) backstraight is around 635M and the location reminds me of Philips Island somehow.

The drawing itself is not the point of the post! WHat I like to read is about the track itself, the location etc. I put it at least 1000ft away from any house, as it can be dead before even born if neighbors want to shut it down.

Old 9 Jan 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3186691)   #135
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Another take of an area were looking at, this time I included a drag strip, we can't get rid of those damn things around here, every prospect wants a drag strip

The circuit goes CCW, came out at 2.54 miles, I though it out 12m wide, it has 16 turns observed by me, 10L/ 6R ,main straight is 750m long and is 16m wide.

I put some purpose-made overtaking spots, some big radiused corners, some hairy fast corners, some technical section, I like T1 not to be an overtaking spot to avoid first turn pile ups (they suck,don't they?) the last chicane is purpose made to encourage last corner passes I hope it doesn't look too angular but it does a little bit, however , tracks are not to be looked at from the top, but rather from the inside, for some reason it reminds me of Mugelo with a little bit of Brno. The location, on the other hand, is pure PI, right next to a cliff with a view to the Atlantic Ocean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tortuguero_Motorsport_Park.jpg (588.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Tortuguero_Msp_Pk.jpg (383.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 14 Jan 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3188740)   #136
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great one!

bio
Old 14 Jan 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3188822)   #137
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi again,

The road course is a beauty. On the drag strip, it appears that the length is not sufficient. FIA regs for new strips mean that you should look at 1230 meters at the very least. A little longer would be even better (assuming you want approvals and the ability to run fastest classes for 1/4 mile).
Old 21 Jun 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3266271)   #138
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Hi everyone! Been a long time since I haven't posted anything, I took some time today to explore some sites I found out nearby San Juan, let me know how do you like it or if you don't like it and the general impression.

Las Americas would be a circunstancial circuit built using the available terrain and taking advantage of it's natural features, it rans CCW and measures 3.124K with some whoops and loops here and there and mostly short straights interconnected by esses sections. Should be pretty good for touring cars, bikes, GT and most of the non formula vehicles.

Buchanan is a 2.51 mile circuit a lot bigger and more ambitious, maybe regional and up to WSBK can be have here, maybe it cam make it as a B grade circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Plaza 3.124mt.jpg   Buchanan Motorsports Park.jpg  
Old 21 Jun 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3266274)   #139
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
before I've even opened up the thumbnail pictures, the second circuit screams Valencia. On ipad at the moment will comment when scene on a big screen.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3266404)   #140
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Both looks soooo Luiggi - which is a good thing, of course ,)

bio
Old 24 Jun 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3269063)   #141
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Las Americas, where would the paddock be located?

At Buchanan, there is maybe a little more run-of needed at the exit of turn 6.

As usual, you have made the most of the terrain available
Old 24 Jun 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3269073)   #142
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
At Las Americas, where would the paddock be located?
I guess it's that faint yellow line above the north-western straight?

bio
Old 24 Jun 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3269226)   #143
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
THanks all!
Scotts Brute you're so right! Buchanan I basically tried a "Spaniard" approach using features I like given the space.

Las Americas I only made a quick sketch and bio is right, the area nearby the yellow line would be the more likely area to put up the necessary stuff.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3269228)   #144
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
At Buchanan, there is maybe a little more run-of needed at the exit of turn 6.
Hm is it possible that youre riding it CW instead of CCW? I believe I did not specify and though it may be used either way, the designed way is CCW so that T6 would be a relatively mild infield section, otherwise t6 would indeed need a little more but I think if ridden in the designed way it shall be Ok
Old 25 Jun 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3269748)   #145
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, CCW. When you have an of in the entrance of the corner, you'll be fine, but a highsider at the exit might bring you in harms way.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3271308)   #146
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
No, CCW. When you have an of in the entrance of the corner, you'll be fine, but a highsider at the exit might bring you in harms way.
If I I'm not mistaken, the next thing from t6 would be the main straight and it's some 70 meters distance at a perpendicular distance, the run of itself would be 50 meters wide if Im looking at the same spot.The previous sector is barely 200 meters long so I'm not exactly sure you will be traveling at any kind of high speed though. Please show me your exact spot if you will.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3271969)   #147
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
If turn 1 is the turn in the north-eastern corner (isn't it?) then corner 6 is the left with a radius of 52,9m after the 150m long straight.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3274833)   #148
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
If turn 1 is the turn in the north-eastern corner (isn't it?) then corner 6 is the left with a radius of 52,9m after the 150m long straight.
OK I see your point noe, that would be T8 for me and yes it looks like the big radius might generate some speed and if it's wet or you collide with someone you will be at around 30 meters from the guardrail that separates the other section, I would definitively put a 4 degree positive camber to help the folks turn safer or maybe reduce the radius a little bit. Truth is, there will not be a huge vector pulling you towards the other side but Im glad you mentioned it, I will take a second look and edit if necessary.
Thanks!!!
Old 9 Jul 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3432007)   #149
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
A couple of years I started this topic by uploading a track that I was asked to design by some folks from a country nearby, we met on a F.I.M. meeting, I subitted my idea, which BTW is the opening post for this very topic, they wanted the track to mimic Catalunya but I told them that wouldn't work with the dimensions we were dealing with, instead I did my take of the terrain and put out a layout.
Never heard about them again after I sent them my submission. Today I receive an email from a frined, admirer of my work, pointing out at the design for a track that looks like they were able to make it happen. Here's the sketch of the track, you tell me if you see any apparent similarities ....
Attached Thumbnails
Apex-Nicaragua-Aerial-A-1110x544.jpg  
Old 9 Jul 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3432296)   #150
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States

This was my idea.