Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2007, 19:01 (Ref:2036165)   #126
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
He's resigned before.

Unsurprisingly there wasn't a mad stampede to replace him and consequently he was reinstated.
I thought at the time, and still do now, Max resigned because he knew there wasn't anyone to take over, maybe a bit of an ego trip for Max, or maybe a lets see what you'd do without me to the teams.

I doubt that Max would have offered up his resignation had he had a genuine rival for the job.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 19:18 (Ref:2036180)   #127
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Max wholly deserves his job, the 99% of it that doesn't involve F1. As F1 falls under the umbrella of the FIA we are stuck with him, but I don't doubt all the good work he does for road/track safety etc.

Mr V, I agree, his last 'resignation' must have made himself feel very smug.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 19:29 (Ref:2036197)   #128
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I feel a resignation coming on.
No Martyn stay on, I enjoy your posts
Old 9 Oct 2007, 19:38 (Ref:2036206)   #129
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any thoughts now on the future of the British GP??
Old 9 Oct 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2036234)   #130
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman
Watch some of this, particularly the last minute or so.It should be compulsory viewing for Hamilton and Alonso! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEho9y4vwDE

Anybody who calls this man a "Half-wit" has absolutely no right to be governing World Motorsport.Mosley is an offence to the passion of millions.
Great video there. Also the one of the start of the British GP. Stewart was awesome in a Formula One car, in an ear when you needed guts as well as skill. Yeh a real halfwit.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2036250)   #131
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Watch some of this, particularly the last minute or so.It should be compulsory viewing for Hamilton and Alonso! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEho9y4vwDE

Anybody who calls this man a "Half-wit" has absolutely no right to be governing World Motorsport.Mosley is an offence to the passion of millions.
Very good post. I completely agree. Max's inability to construct coherent counterarguments to Stewarts [instead he resorts to a character attack on the person] is actually a sign of his own weakness.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2036292)   #132
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw

Quote:
Mosley is an offence to the passion of millions.
Good phrase, I like that. It could be his job title when he finally pushes off out of F1.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Oct 2007, 23:21 (Ref:2036368)   #133
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
OK,I shall resign myself to the fact that no one could possibly take my place anyway. *smug mode*
Old 10 Oct 2007, 00:23 (Ref:2036387)   #134
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The most worrying sugestion here is for Paul Staddart to replace Mad Max.

If it came down to those two Mad Max would be the preferred choice
Just please don't believe what you've seen on the TV and in the press.

Damon, the security guy at Silverstone paddock, Murray Walker or this seasons Formula Renault champ even, they would all be a better bet than Stoddart
Old 10 Oct 2007, 02:16 (Ref:2036444)   #135
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Let us not stoop as Mr Mosley has done with name calling..We are above all of that at Ten-Tenths, that is what keeps it a special place to visit..
Old 11 Oct 2007, 17:31 (Ref:2037884)   #136
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN
The most worrying sugestion here is for Paul Staddart to replace Mad Max.

If it came down to those two Mad Max would be the preferred choice
Just please don't believe what you've seen on the TV and in the press.
Why?
Old 12 Oct 2007, 01:16 (Ref:2038166)   #137
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Thank you! I enjoyed watching that immensely. Sticks and stones can break my bones.....
Old 12 Oct 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2038516)   #138
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interview with MM in F1 Racing magazine Nov. 1997 issue; in response to question about criticism (" Does Jacques annoy you, Max?") :-

"The day you start being offended by criticism is the day you're getting too old or going crackers or something of that kind."

;-0

Paul M
Old 12 Oct 2007, 14:37 (Ref:2038565)   #139
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poignant quote!
Old 12 Oct 2007, 14:50 (Ref:2038579)   #140
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27
No thanks, He's yours, you keep him...
Its the way we used to do it. Worked well then.
We could always club together for a tenner and buy a ticket and he could be a £10 Pom
Old 15 Oct 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2040507)   #141
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Cracking interview with SirJS on radio 4 this morning, originally about Hamilton, but them asked about the MM comments. He was very polite, and made MM sounds like a prat. He wont be suing - he doesnt want to dignify MM comments by commenting back.

He really did do very well in destroying MM comments without saying very much at all.

Tee Hee.

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 08:48 (Ref:2040514)   #142
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH
He really did do very well in destroying MM comments without saying very much at all.
That's why he's a much better man than Mosley - he doesn't have to resort to petty name-calling to get his point across.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Oct 2007, 08:52 (Ref:2040518)   #143
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH
He wont be suing - he doesnt want to dignify MM comments by commenting back.
He also said that he will keep his options open for the future
Old 15 Oct 2007, 09:51 (Ref:2040553)   #144
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is a canny old Scottish Fox as well as a legend.
All this free publicity can't be doing sales of the autobiography any harm.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 12:07 (Ref:2040644)   #145
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JYS fights back!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63335
Old 15 Oct 2007, 12:11 (Ref:2040647)   #146
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just read this a few moments ago and Max Mosley making himself and the FIA appear increasingly compromised. He should have apologize to Jackie and closed the matter, instead he's in serious danger of bringing the sport into disrepute if he keeps this up.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 12:17 (Ref:2040653)   #147
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
"In danger of bringing the sport into disrepute"? I think he already has. I agree that he should let the matter rest: for the President of the FIA to continue a war of words like this is indecorous in the extreme.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 13:20 (Ref:2040698)   #148
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is unfortunate. I agree with Jackie that Max's position as a president has been compromised, and that for the better of the sports, perhaps a fair and balanced president should be re-appointed at the next elections.

However, reading many things Jackie says, one has to wonder if he really analyze things before criticising FIA/Max. For example, implying that it is wrong for the FIA to act and appoint a scrutineer for Mclaren without understanding the need for doing so and who is chiefly responsible for such action, and accounting for Stewart's soft spot for Hamilton.

Max and Stewart are letting their personal feud and opinions affect the sports on the whole. Taking historics asides, none are really doing us a favour.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 13:38 (Ref:2040720)   #149
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Who will fine Max for bringing the sport into disrepute ?.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 13:48 (Ref:2040730)   #150
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Max and Stewart are letting their personal feud and opinions affect the sports on the whole. Taking historics asides, none are really doing us a favour.
I think Stewart definitely has a personal issue with Mosley, and vice versa; the obvious difference is that Stewart isn't in a position of power whereas Mosley is, and nobody with Mosley's power in the sport should be seen to have a personal bias in one direction or another.