Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2586927)   #126
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just watching again, the safety car has not picked up the leader correctly GT missed his pit entry and has been waved passed the SC when in fact he should have been the lead car behind the SC but still needing to pit.

because off that he has been able to retain the lead.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2586931)   #127
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
thanks retro

not sure why me though, has he gone the grope

GTR while you are correct, the rules are now clear, at least in v8s you are not allowed to do it, its time the officials stopped giving warnings and just laid down the penalty
Old 22 Nov 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2586946)   #128
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The incar...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2586955)   #129
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
As always, the follower could have backed out of it and not crashed....
Not the followers fault at all in this case (likewise with tander/whincup yesterday). Should not be driving THAT defensively on one of the first laps of a long race.

Personally i think Whincup should have spun tander, and be done with it. Stupid move that he pulled on more than one car (Tried with Ingall too, but he just got far enough in front before he could be driven on the grass)
Old 22 Nov 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2586960)   #130
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take the goggles off guys....

*Bargs - Well, he stuffed up. Plain and simple. I hope he does get a tap on the shoulder and asked to open his wallet.

*Todd - I think he saw cars coming, and stopped, assuming they were commited to the outside line. You can see the brake lights come on. When cars are zipping around you, and there's a bucket load of smoke there, I don't know... I may have made a similar decision.

*Lee - Likewise, with cars moving, and butcket loads of smoke, I think he made a judgement call. "Car in middle of track, smoke, it must be moving to the outside of the track...". Perhaps he could have pulled off the go-pedal though....

*Will - We've all agreed to this at some stage or another - 10, 7, ABC, Motors TV, whoever - they jam a mic in your face right after the heat of battle. Great TV, but honestly, this is the FIRST time I've heard Will be so negative. Compare it to some of Jamie's paper articles or quotes, and it's surely not that bad. Cut the guy a break - he just lost the championship. If he makes a habbit of whinging after an incident in the future, feel free to PM me and tell me I was wrong.

For a guy in his first year in his new environment, I think he should be damned happy with 2nd. The best is yet to come!

For these 3 guys, this is motor racing - wrong place, wrong time. For Bargs.... I was once very high on him. A few cracks appearing in the past few seasons of him racing (WPS, SGR).

*Leanne - throw all the crap and senitment out the window - I am just glad she is ok! That was a WICKED hit in a smaller car.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2586980)   #131
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
UPDATE 6: FINAL 1800hrs Sunday 22nd November 2009

Matters arising from Race 24:

Following an investigation and an admission by Jason Bargwanna Car #3 that he had driven in a careless manner, contact on Car #7 Todd Kelly at Turn 7, the Stewards imposed a penalty of the loss of 100 Championship Points.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2586983)   #132
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
while i agree a penalty was due. that seems harsh, more points than he earned for what traditionally has been a drive through

maybe there was some carry over from PI

l
Old 22 Nov 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2586990)   #133
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
I see my involvement in v8Supercar racing has finally been blabbed out in a press release today...

Quote:
Ambrose told BigPond Sport that he would have considered running a retro Stone Brothers Racing Pirtek livery, but Bright’s proposal involved Ambrose’s sponsors fitting between the Fujitsu livery in its entirety.

Old 22 Nov 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2586996)   #134
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
lol. well done retro
Old 22 Nov 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2586998)   #135
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Brighty flicks the brakes to try and avoid Fiore...

Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2587003)   #136
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember the days when an accident would take out the three leading Fords. I suppose that would be hard to achieve next year when there are bigger all Fords lobbing around...
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2587008)   #137
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
today it took out 3 leading holdens
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2587011)   #138
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post

*Will - We've all agreed to this at some stage or another - 10, 7, ABC, Motors TV, whoever - they jam a mic in your face right after the heat of battle. Great TV, but honestly, this is the FIRST time I've heard Will be so negative. Compare it to some of Jamie's paper articles or quotes, and it's surely not that bad. Cut the guy a break - he just lost the championship. If he makes a habbit of whinging after an incident in the future, feel free to PM me and tell me I was wrong.

For a guy in his first year in his new environment, I think he should be damned happy with 2nd. The best is yet to come!
Agree. A great result this year for Will. I never thought he'd be ahead of Tander or even a ch/ship contender at this stage of the season. He has been very consistent all year and should be proud of his efforts. Hopefully, he can go one better next year.

The fact is the Vodafone team were just that much better again this year. They seem to be able to dial their cars in very quickly. Both cars seem to be able to climb through the field even though they might have qualified poorly. Their pit strategies have always been spot on. Whincup is a deserving champion again.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2587012)   #139
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
today it took out 3 leading holdens
And about 10 Minis, mental race!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2587020)   #140
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
Agree. A great result this year for Will. I never thought he'd be ahead of Tander or even a ch/ship contender at this stage of the season. He has been very consistent all year and should be proud of his efforts. Hopefully, he can go one better next year.

The fact is the Vodafone team were just that much better again this year. They seem to be able to dial their cars in very quickly. Both cars seem to be able to climb through the field even though they might have qualified poorly. Their pit strategies have always been spot on. Whincup is a deserving champion again.
SS, a great post, so true.

I think that whilst Davo will be pi55ed with himself today, he should take some solace in that he was never slated to be the number one in that team, and had been very good in what is really his 'rookie' year in a front running team.

888 have simply smoked everyone, pulling good points results from nowhere, but also just simply being damm fast, at lots of tracks.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2587022)   #141
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
I remember the days when an accident would take out the three leading Fords. I suppose that would be hard to achieve next year when there are bigger all Fords lobbing around...
There were also "bigger all" (is that a Kiwi accent I detect?) Fords when Seton won the first ever V8SC ch/ship in his Falcon. It only takes one car to win. The Fords don't lack any pace... and most of the Holden runners are just mid-pack performers.

I can't see too many Holden teams sharing the wins next year (with HRT) although it would be good to see the JDR cars up there if form plays a role into next year.

The racing today proved very entertaining. The control/soft tyre has added a lot of spice to the series. Overall, I think it's been a successful V8SC season. Homebush should be great, then roll on 2010...
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2587026)   #142
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fair penalty for Bargwanna IMO.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2587030)   #143
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so is that going to be the standard from now pro

no more pit lane penalties or equivalent
Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2587053)   #144
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
There were also "bigger all" (is that a Kiwi accent I detect?) Fords when Seton won the first ever V8SC ch/ship in his Falcon.
There weren't many Commodores in the 1993 championship either, only 7 competed in all rounds alongside 4 Falcons.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2587057)   #145
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
in 97 there was often 2 holdens for every ford

for most of the year there was 8 fords

at bathurst it was 3 holdens for every ford
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2587122)   #146
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so is that going to be the standard from now pro

no more pit lane penalties or equivalent
probably.

the only thing is i don't really think Brgwanna give a rats about 100points sitting 23rd (now 25th with the penalty) on the table. Whincup, Davo, Gt and the like up front it would hurt.

the trouble is Bargs can still go around saying i got 7th and poor Todd faced with the car being a $250,000 throw away.

so probably thinking about it now it's not really fair penalty.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2587140)   #147
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good on Will for being the 1st of the losers. When did HRT last win a Championship? So long ago I can't remember.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2587147)   #148
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
02 IIRC.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2587172)   #149
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Pro...go to Bigpond TV and watch The IPO Story...

Old 22 Nov 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2587175)   #150
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
here...

Quote:
JAMIE Whincup can almost taste the celebratory champagne of his second straight V8 Supercars title.

However, despite stretching his series lead to 281 points with only the Sydney grand finale left, he was still refusing to raise a glass last night.