Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 4 Nov 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2784724)   #126
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not driver related but, no Edmonton race next year - http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...Ctext%7CSports

Bummer...
Old 4 Nov 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2784975)   #127
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, this is why I hate silly season threads and should remember to stay out of them. The bisquit who reported Hildebrand testing for Panther was a liar. My apology for repeating it here.

Panther tweeted that they haven't tested anybody.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2785046)   #128
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
Well, this is why I hate silly season threads and should remember to stay out of them. The bisquit who reported Hildebrand testing for Panther was a liar. My apology for repeating it here.

Panther tweeted that they haven't tested anybody.
That's a shame. Hildebrand's the only one of the "OMG WE MUST HAS THIS DRIVAR" drivers that I actually like. Great guy with a lot of potential. As Todd Harris would say, I'm definitely possibly biased, for sure, maybe, but I think Hildebrand's a better long-term hire than Rahal. Both are talented; Hildebrand has the better attitude.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 04:11 (Ref:2786130)   #129
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
Not driver related but, no Edmonton race next year - http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...Ctext%7CSports

Bummer...
And Baltimore is on the bubble as well. My hunch is there are some other bumps coming too.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2788125)   #130
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
INDYCAR: KV Closing In On New Lotus Deal

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ew-lotus-deal/

I like Viso and Moraes, but I hope that Lotus/KV Racing will have at least one more competitive driver...
Old 10 Nov 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2788185)   #131
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ The best news to come out of that is they are working on a program for Tracy.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2788499)   #132
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
^ The best news to come out of that is they are working on a program for Tracy.
I hope in a driver better than Tracy for Lotus/KV Racing...I think that Tracy would be the ideal driver for SH Racing/KV Racing...
Old 11 Nov 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2788575)   #133
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edmonton City Council has told staff to restart negotiations with Octane Management.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...730/story.html
Old 11 Nov 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2788650)   #134
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the link. I hope they save it. I will go in 2012 if they do to see the new cars now that it sounds like there will be some variety. It is the closest big league race to me by a long shot.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2788687)   #135
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Justin Wilson tells Autosport that he is staying at D&R for 2011:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88151
Old 11 Nov 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2788786)   #136
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Justin Wilson tells Autosport that he is staying at D&R for 2011:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88151
Yey, good news for Justin to get the deal done so early. Good for him!
Old 12 Nov 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2789003)   #137
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
Yey, good news for Justin to get the deal done so early. Good for him!
...and above all good for DRR...
Old 13 Nov 2010, 01:46 (Ref:2789438)   #138
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
INDYCAR: KV Closing In On New Lotus Deal

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ew-lotus-deal/

I like Viso and Moraes, but I hope that Lotus/KV Racing will have at least one more competitive driver...
Not only does KK make mention that there isn't really much cash changing hands, but that basically he is a pure rent-a-ride-be-a-race-car-driver-today! team and only wants pay drivers.

I think teams following this business model might work for amateur motorsports but for pro sports that rely on fans, this only promotes boredom and disinterest from regular people out there. You'll end up with 2 guys and a dog watching when it's all done with.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2789439)   #139
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
It certainly makes the folks who think a Lotus/Cosworth engine is imminent look a little too optimistic.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 02:42 (Ref:2789454)   #140
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
It certainly makes the folks who think a Lotus/Cosworth engine is imminent look a little too optimistic.
Dany Bahar reminds me of al pacino in scarface at the end. "The World is Mine". His big spending on taking over the world of high end marques is either going to work, which in my opinion he is taking on way too much, or fail, possibly sucking lotus down the tubes with it. He wants to produce 5 new cars and at the same time spend money on racing, with F1 being the biggest money gobbler? Lotus is not a big manufacturer and really over the recent decades only makes money mostly on it's engineering projects.

Right now at the moment judging on the number of actual cars sold in the USA, there is no way you could make any viable case for spending millions of dollars on anything, much less on an open wheel program with no relevance to your road cars.

I'm befuddled at KK's desire to run with mediocrity. There have always been pay drivers and always will be, but any series that runs with that business model almost exclusively ends up or already is in the amateur category. Should not be surprised though considering how Champcar turned out and he never really grasped that you need to pay for good talent, otherwise getting main stream acceptance is going to be a hard thing to do.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 03:21 (Ref:2789458)   #141
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
There now, see that? You know more about both the Lotus and KK details, but every point you just made looks perfectly accurate to me.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2791139)   #142
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's surprising to find out that KV Racing want to continue with the same driver lineup. I remember one really good drive each from Viso and Moraes, but not more. Sato was quick, too, but hit too many things. Yes, he filled the house at Motegi but Mutoh with all of his experience has outdriven him over the course of the season. After a season with what is probably the hugest repair bill in IndyCar history, a complete reshuffle of the driver lineup would have been likely. Sadly, KV don't want to alienate its sponsors by replacing their drivers.
Why don't they just hire TK to drive the 2nd Lotus?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2791149)   #143
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
It's surprising to find out that KV Racing want to continue with the same driver lineup. I remember one really good drive each from Viso and Moraes, but not more. Sato was quick, too, but hit too many things. Yes, he filled the house at Motegi but Mutoh with all of his experience has outdriven him over the course of the season. After a season with what is probably the hugest repair bill in IndyCar history, a complete reshuffle of the driver lineup would have been likely. Sadly, KV don't want to alienate its sponsors by replacing their drivers.
Why don't they just hire TK to drive the 2nd Lotus?
If you listen to KK it's all about who brings the check. Moraes is a very wealthy kid from brazil and viso has the backing of a thug's nationalized oil company. As long as those big checks keep getting deposited those guys can do barrel rolls or crash and smash all they want.

As one guy said to me "invoices, invoices, invoices". And what he means is that when you crash you get the bill(at a markup of course), so they really don't care how much you crash.

What KV sponsors? Almost all the funding comes from the drivers.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2791210)   #144
marcostraz
Veteran

I was thinking about the situation on DRR...with the confirmation of Wilson and rumors about discussions with Beatriz and/or Tracy, what about the future of Conway?
Old 18 Nov 2010, 06:02 (Ref:2792437)   #145
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D&R have already stated numerous times that they are most interested in seeing Conway return. Beatriz will likely run again as she did this year & Vasser has said that Tracy will most likely run full time at KV.

I see it looking something like this next year, at least at Indy...

Penske [3] Power, Castroneves, Briscoe
Ganassi [2] Franchitti, Dixon
Mike Hull [rumoured to have been created for Rahal:1, possibly 2 at Indy] Rahal, Howard?
Andretti [4] Hunter-Reay, Patrick, Andretti, Kimball or Plowman or ?
Lotus/KV [4] Sato, Viso, Moraes, Tracy
Dreyer & Reinbold [2, 3 at some races] Wilson, Conway, Beatriz
Newman/Haas [2] Mutoh, Wheldon or Kanaan or Doornbos or Scheckter or ?
Panther [2, possibly 3 at Indy] Hildebrand and/or Wheldon and/or Carpenter
FAZZT [1, maybe 2 at Indy] Tagliani, Hinchcliffe or Junqueira or ?
Coyne [2] Lloyd, Duno or ?
De Ferran Dragon [2, 3 at some races] Matos and/or Kanaan, Hamilton
Foyt [1, possibly 2 at Indy] Meira, J. Lazier or Scheckter or Kite or Foyt IV or Simmons or ?
Fisher [1, 2 at Indy] Fisher, Vernay
HVM [1, possibly 2] di Silvestro, Strauss or Saavedra or ?
AFS [1] Carroll
Conquest [2] Baguette or Scheckter or Yasukawa or Tung or Saavedra or Romancini or ?
Walker [possibly 1 or 2] Clarke and/or Summerton or ?
Red Bull [rumoured 1 or 2 or possibly associating with another team] ? And/or ?
Highcroft [1 possibly part-time] Pagenaud
Team Redline Xtreme [1 at Indy] Servia or ?
Rahal/Letterman [1, probably Indy only] Servia or Scheckter or ?
Schmidt [1 or 2 at Indy] Bell and/or Howard or Mann or ?
Petty [possibly 1 at selected races] Andretti or Kite or ?
Robby Gordon [possibly 1 at Indy] Gordon
Herta [possibly 1 at Indy & 1 or 2 others] Scheckter or Servia or ?
Newman/Wachs [Extreme outside chance of 1, maybe at Indy] Edwards

Many of those are still rumours, although I wouldn't be surprised to see around 50 at Indy with teams putting cars out there for anybody who has the cash.

A good final season with the current Dallaras would be great after such a positive winter, especially with Lotus-Cosworth likely to be announced as the 3rd engine supplier for 2012 later today...Alfa Romeo, Ford, Toyota etc still possible for 2013 as well...Bring it on!!!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 18 Nov 2010, 08:32 (Ref:2792492)   #146
marcostraz
Veteran

I read that Panther maybe could run tow different drivers, one for ovals one for road/street races...I think that Vernay could be a good choice for road/street races...
Old 19 Nov 2010, 06:01 (Ref:2792978)   #147
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Apologies if this was carved in stone someplace before, but Penske was on Trackside tonight and confirmed that Briscoe will be in the third car for 2011.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2794382)   #148
marcostraz
Veteran

INDYCAR: Tung Finishes First Test With FAZZT:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...st-with-fazzt/
Old 23 Nov 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2794780)   #149
marcostraz
Veteran

Sarah Fisher Racing to announce 2011 plans at news conference Nov. 29...
Old 23 Nov 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2794838)   #150
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
Sarah Fisher Racing to announce 2011 plans at news conference Nov. 29...
Sarah Fisher is very much a fan favourite. Here's hoping she'll run at least a limited oval schedule as a driver. Her performance at Chicagoland (I think it was) this year was awesome.