Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2980618)   #126
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Just what I was thinking. Two different teams, both Gulf-sponsored, competing against one another.

It's good news, none the less - for the WEC and the category.
Has Oak confirmed a Gulf sponsorship deal for next season?
Old 2 Nov 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2980628)   #127
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
though he suggests the choice is between Lola, Oreca and staying with Zytek
too bad the new lmp2 HPD is not an option for them
I hope SOMEONE will run that car next year

Last edited by lms; 2 Nov 2011 at 13:43.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2980636)   #128
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Has Oak confirmed a Gulf sponsorship deal for next season?
Not that I'm aware of. That could be something to consider.

Although, as far as I'm aware, OAK's backing was received from a different regional affiliate to that of Gulf Racing - fairly sure I've read that somewhere.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2980663)   #129
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Re Gulf sponsorship:

Gulf International -> AMR
Gulf France -> OAK
Gulf UAE -> First (Giroix)

With the expected entry from AMR in GTE with 2 Vantages and 3 (?) cars from OAK (presuming they keep the same numbers of cars as this year) we could see up to 7 Gulf liveried cars in the WEC the coming season! That´s gotta be a record.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2980721)   #130
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think its looks horrible . Nice nostalgic idea , but fails dismally .

Looked or on the GT1 LcLaren and Aston and AMR/Lola ..... but the Lambo , Oak and this doesnt work for me .

Still , good to see 2 more cars there , especially since DP is in charge of the effort .
Old 2 Nov 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2980739)   #131
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure the real thing will look waaay better. Whoever did the render didn't even get the colours right.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2980761)   #132
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if the Gulf Lolas were what Radio Le Mans were meant to be announcing tonight? Hope not but I'm assuming so.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2980769)   #133
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
too bad the new lmp2 HPD is not an option for them
I hope SOMEONE will run that car next year
IIRC the interview stated that the HPD wasn't an option because they were committed to the Nissan engine
Old 2 Nov 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2980796)   #134
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/11/...ns+Newsfeed%29
In case anyone wants it, here's Planet Le mans interviewing Tim Greaves about the new plans. They say that the logistics will be tough (LMS 1 weekend, WEC next), but they'll try to manage them. There's also some comments on the other LMP2 cars.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/11/...ns+Newsfeed%29
And here's the post on Gulf Racing LMP2. It's just described as a "Lola", no engine choices yet...
Old 2 Nov 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2980797)   #135
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thinking more about the Gulf Lolas I hope that they really try to maximise the driver line-up in one of the cars. More LMP2 machinery is all well and good but even better if one of them is a competitive car, especially with Strakka making the step up.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2980825)   #136
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Few notes from tonight's MWM.

- Lola's 2012 P1/P2 will look noticably different, spent 7 weeks in the wind tunnel. Talk about Brundle's potential program from Hindy on his visit to Lola, but nothing mentioned by Lola.

- Looking like Rebellion in the WEC, upgraded engine, spent time in the tunnel at Cologne before the factory announcement.

- Big and suprising entrant announcements coming covering P1, P2 and GTE (Am specifically mentioned).

- Sepang a possibility, in addition to China and Japan, Brazil likely, Spa and Silverstone almost confirmed.

- Looks like GTC's will be allowed at Sebring, they'll be part of the ALMS' race.

- Blancpain could move a car/sponsorship from FIA GT1 to another series, at least that's what I think was said, maybe unreleated to the WEC.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2980834)   #137
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
- Sepang a possibility, in addition to China and Japan, Brazil likely, Spa and Silverstone almost confirmed.
Plus Sebring and Le Mans... 8 rounds! Could it be?
Old 2 Nov 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2980851)   #138
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There they go stretching the budgets with more races in Asia then the other 2 'continents'.
Old 2 Nov 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2980880)   #139
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMP1

2x Audi Sport R18
2x Peugeot Sport 908
2x Strakka HPD
1x ? HPD
2x Rebellion Lola-Toyota
2x Toyota
1/2x Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo-Judd
2x OAK Racing Pescarolo-Judd
1x Hope PoleVision ORECA Hybrid
1x Mik Corse Zytek Hybrid

LMP2

1x Greaves Motorsport ?-Nissan
2x Signatech ORECA-Nissan
2x Level 5 HPD
2X Gulf Middle East Lola/?

GTE Pro/Am

2x AF corse Ferrari ..... 458
2x Luxory Racing Ferrari ..... 458
1x Krohn Racing Ferrari ..... 458
2x Labre Corvette ..... C6R GT2
2x Team Felbermayr Proton Porsche ..... 997
2x Jetalliance Lotus
2x AMR Aston Martin
Old 2 Nov 2011, 23:50 (Ref:2980881)   #140
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
At Krohn everything is still up in the air, waiting for schedules to be finalized and I am not sure if they'd buy a 458 quite yet.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2980899)   #141
The Badger
Veteran

What ..... with the kinda wedge Tracy has , he could have a fleet of'em !!!

So , if they stay in Am , they may still use a 430 ..... I suppose its still a well sorted and quick machine for Am class . Though I dont expect to see too many of them next year .
Old 3 Nov 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2980912)   #142
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
LMP1
1x ? HPD
What is that? Muscle Milk?
Old 3 Nov 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2980914)   #143
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MWM said that JetAlliance and Lotus may have gone separate ways...
Old 3 Nov 2011, 03:41 (Ref:2980917)   #144
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
In case anyone wants it, here's Planet Le mans interviewing Tim Greaves about the new plans. They say that the logistics will be tough (LMS 1 weekend, WEC next), but they'll try to manage them. There's also some comments on the other LMP2 cars.
These are some really interesting comments. The comment I found most interesting was him admitting that the Norma is one LMP2 chassis that really fits within the true spirit of the cost-capped rules. Many of us figured that was true anyway, but it is interesting to see a competing team boss saying that it is true. Even with all that said, it seems like the Norma might have some potential in the right hands. It already has one podium under it's belt with a very amateur type effort.

It would be truly amazing if nobody runs the Zytek in LMP2 next year after the type of season they had in 2011. Maybe Greaves or someone else will choose the Zytek, but I don't know. Greaves certainly has flattering words for the Lola coupe and the Oreca 03 even if he says the Oreca has had some issues in the hands of other teams. His comments about the Oak Pescarolo are also a bit interesting if a bit brief. But, yeah, we'll have to see how that plays out. I'm sure the Zytek will get serious consideration.

Perhaps the best news today with the Gulf Middle East (I wonder if Al Masaood may run part-time in one of those LMP2s?) and Greaves announcements is that the LMS is retaining their LMP2 teams so far. That's great news. If this holds up, we may continue to see some great racing in the LMS next year for overall wins. I guess the unfortunate situation is that it will be quite difficult for full-time non-WEC LMS teams to get an entry at Le Mans, but we kind of knew that would be the case. F'in DeltaWing stealing a spot. Ugh.

This is probably unrelated to the WEC but somewhat relevant to the LMP2 discussion, but has anyone heard any updates from WR? I know they were quite upset about not being even on the Le Mans reserve list last year. Should we expect anything from them in 2012?
Old 3 Nov 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2980954)   #145
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW not taking part in WEC? Are they allowed to switch teams like they do now with the ILMC?
Old 3 Nov 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2980956)   #146
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
This is probably unrelated to the WEC but somewhat relevant to the LMP2 discussion, but has anyone heard any updates from WR? I know they were quite upset about not being even on the Le Mans reserve list last year. Should we expect anything from them in 2012?
Last I'd heard about WR were their plans to construct a customer diesel P1 engine from 80% Peugeot components.
That was quite a while ago. So I'm guessing those plans have since been shelved.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2980959)   #147
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
What is that? Muscle Milk?
Dunno , that was on the list whet it was put up , not by me .
Old 3 Nov 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2981010)   #148
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
BMW not taking part in WEC? Are they allowed to switch teams like they do now with the ILMC?
BMW will not have a factory WEC team next year according to everything that has been stated so far. BMW will focus on their DTM program. The ALMS program will seemingly continue on for 2012. There's some talks about privateers getting M3s, but nothing is solid on that front yet it seems.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2981051)   #149
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
At Krohn everything is still up in the air, waiting for schedules to be finalized and I am not sure if they'd buy a 458 quite yet.
Or not...

Ben
Old 3 Nov 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2981073)   #150
Robbo28
Rookie

Robbo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The 430 is for sale: http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...hn_racing.html
Closed Thread