Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Nov 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3163045)   #126
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Id like to see vids of drivers explaining to the mechanics , why the car isnt working to its best and how they plan to remedy it with respect to setups .
Old 6 Nov 2012, 15:22 (Ref:3163392)   #127
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're going to be doing an upcoming blog (or two) on the helmets of Bryan Sellers and Wolf Henzler. Do any 10-Tenths users have any questions regarding the helmets they'd like the drivers to answer in the blog?
Old 6 Nov 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3163455)   #128
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What do the colors Yellow & bright green represent on Henzler's helmet , and also for Sellers please .

Many drivers have a specific pattern that can mean something , but the 2 boys lids are fairly bland , imo .
Old 6 Nov 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3163457)   #129
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Kelly,
A meet up for Sebring would likely be the best as a lot of us here attend, not just the folks in North America I would guess.
The best parts of the Petit tour for me were the walk through of the steering wheel and its' functions and the tour of the inside of the transporter.
As for the helmets, how many do they use in a season? I assume they are carbon as per the rules? An explanation of the different visors for different conditions would be cool too.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3165598)   #130
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the recent announcement of Dunlop leaving ALMS, we've been getting asked the same question numerous times today, so I might as well address it here too.

The main question as been, "Is there any chance of Falken Tire providing former Dunlop customers tires now that Dunlop has left ALMS?"

Simply put, that would have to be a discussion between the Falken Tire Corporation and the teams that are hypothetically interested. We're just a team owned by Falken, so we would not be involved in those discussions. (For example, if Corvette wanted to switch to Dunlops, they wouldn't go through other teams running Dunlops, they'd just go straight to the tire manufacturer).
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3165623)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the question I'd be asking is why do you think they turned their back on America? Especially with the timing being the way it is - naturally fans are going to wonder about a potential spec tyre coming in for '14.

Don't expect you to answer that. I think everyone is crossing their fingers that won't be the case.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3166872)   #132
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
A nice write up on the Falken 997 RSR with some great pics of the car and some spectacular wallpapers too.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/11/falken-gt3-rs/
Old 28 Nov 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3172602)   #133
FalkenALMS
Racer

As promised, here's the latest Falken Tire blog, where Bryan Sellers and Wolf Henzler answer your questions about their helmets. Thanks to The Badger and Canada ALMS fan for sending in questions!

http://bit.ly/QLJKBm
Old 28 Nov 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3172627)   #134
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent! Thank you.
Old 28 Nov 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3172658)   #135
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, I wish all teams communicated with the fan base as well as Falken does. Sponsors couldn't ask for better activation!
Old 29 Nov 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3173189)   #136
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Thanks, I wish all teams communicated with the fan base as well as Falken does. Sponsors couldn't ask for better activation!

Thank you very much! You all have been so interactive and supportive of us, and for that we thank you as well. This is such a great forum and group of enthusiasts. We're happy to be a part of it!

We've got another one in the works showing the painting process of our #17 Falken Porsche. Just like the helmet blog, if any 10-Tenths users want to be included and have questions, ask away in this thread and we'll have our painter Dan answer them in the blog!
Old 29 Nov 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3173267)   #137
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting read with the helmet blog ^^. Any chance we could get a look at how the car livery is designed and applied to the car?
Old 30 Nov 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3173362)   #138
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Very interesting read with the helmet blog ^^. Any chance we could get a look at how the car livery is designed and applied to the car?
That is a cool bunch of questions and I would love to know

I have a question too, when it comes to setup of the cockpit, what concessions do the drivers make for each other?

Related question-with regards to setup, do the drivers basically agree on setup, or are they having to compromise somewhat for each other?
Old 30 Nov 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3173508)   #139
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post

Yes! That's what the painting blog is going to be all about! So if you have any specific questions for our painter Dan, just post them here!
Old 30 Nov 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3173520)   #140
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I have a question too, when it comes to setup of the cockpit, what concessions do the drivers make for each other?

Related question-with regards to setup, do the drivers basically agree on setup, or are they having to compromise somewhat for each other?
Bryan and Wolf are two peas in a pod. Team Manager Derrick Walker even calls the duo "the twins." They're both pretty similar in car feedback and car setup. It's pretty rare to see one of them wanting something set up differently than the other. I don't think it happened once in the 2012 season.

More on their workings as co-drivers here: http://bit.ly/KY8xj0
Old 30 Nov 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3173594)   #141
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks Kelly!
Old 2 Dec 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3174184)   #142
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Yes! That's what the painting blog is going to be all about! So if you have any specific questions for our painter Dan, just post them here!
How much freedom does Dan get when designing a car livery in regards to how expressive can it be and how much artistic license is allowed to be used when working with sponsor logos?
Old 3 Dec 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3174588)   #143
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Why hasn't Falken changed their livery to the one their D1GP car used a few years ago? Looked much more modern.

Plus, blue chrome!
Old 4 Dec 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3174969)   #144
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
No thanks. The one currently used on the ALMS Porsche is perfect. It's as instantly recognizable as any. And it's not just the colours, but that pattern on the sides. IMO it'll go down in history as one of the truly iconic liveries of all time. No other tire brand has that.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3175011)   #145
The Badger
Veteran

Michelin Man Sauber C9-88 looked cool : http://www.carsandtrains.com/diecast..._michelin1.jpg

The blue on this is way too bright though . Was the same color as the AEG cars , Mercedez-Benz Dunkelblau . I dont think the Falken livery is super nice at all ..... Its ok in my opinion . I like the black wheels though .
Old 4 Dec 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3175069)   #146
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Like it or not, it's very original and recognisable even w/o any Falken logos there's no mistaking it for something else. Just like Gulf or Martini. Remove the Bibendum logo and that Michelin livery will stop being a Michelin livery.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 01:40 (Ref:3175207)   #147
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
No thanks. The one currently used on the ALMS Porsche is perfect. It's as instantly recognizable as any. And it's not just the colours, but that pattern on the sides. IMO it'll go down in history as one of the truly iconic liveries of all time. No other tire brand has that.
x 2.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 04:01 (Ref:3175246)   #148
zr1 fan
Rookie

zr1 fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Falken is a team that is second to none in how they treat their fans. the "big" race teams should follow suit
Old 5 Dec 2012, 06:01 (Ref:3175259)   #149
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way, is it looking like Falken will be the ONLY Porsche GT team in the ALMS this year? I haven't heard anything about Paul Miller Racing or any new Porsche GT teams in the ALMS.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3178180)   #150
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
By the way, is it looking like Falken will be the ONLY Porsche GT team in the ALMS this year? I haven't heard anything about Paul Miller Racing or any new Porsche GT teams in the ALMS.
PM has announced they will return in the GT class and Team Manager Derrick Walker says that there will possibly be another team as well in addition to ours.