Yep, Sauber are in trouble alright!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11308236...ntract-reports

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20130823/18...-for-2014.html
Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3293361)   #127
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh well, he has no super license, no real experience a question mark about his ability but his money could save the team, tough choice for Sauber but not sure Bernie will allow a 17 year old with a rich daddy put his empire at risk, could be disasterous if he causes a serious accident.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3293386)   #128
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh well, he has no super license, no real experience a question mark about his ability but his money could save the team, tough choice for Sauber but not sure Bernie will allow a 17 year old with a rich daddy put his empire at risk, could be disasterous if he causes a serious accident.
He is more experienced now, than Button, Alonso or Vettel were when they entered F1.
He is also 2011 Formula Abarth Euro series champion, and 3 rd in 2012 Formula Adac Championship(F3000).

In other words he is probably entitled to a Super Licence.

How good he will be in F1?

Is another question.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3293388)   #129
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that quite equates to F3000!
Old 24 Aug 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3293414)   #130
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you can compare Formula ADAC with Formula Renault

http://www.adac-formel-masters.de/uk
Old 24 Aug 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3293418)   #131
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you I don't think he did F Adac anyway
Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3293425)   #132
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he didn't, i think someone misread autogp

here's his career breakdown for the record from forix:

- F.Renault 3.5: ISR, 9th, 46 points (1 podium)
- Auto GP WS: Euronova Racing, 3rd, 175 points (2 wins, 9 podiums, 1 pole position, 5 fastest laps)
- F.Renault 3.5: BVM Target, 2 races
- GP2 Tests: DAMS
- F3 Italy: Euronova Racing by Fortec, 5th, 166 points (2 wins, 6 podiums, 1 fastest lap)
- Member: Lukoil Drivers Support Program
- F.Abarth Euro: Jenzer Motorsport, Euronova Racing, Champion, 175 points (5 wins, 10 podiums, 1 pole position, 3 fastest laps)
- F.Abarth: Jenzer Motorsport, Euronova Racing, 2nd, 136 points (2 wins, 9 podiums, 1 pole position, 1 fastest lap)
- F.Abarth: Jenzer Motorsport, 18th, 12 points

he WON'T cause a serious accident, he has good racecraft and knows his arse from his elbow. he got into a bit of trouble at monza, but even the saints can cause some bother there. it punishes minute degrees of overenthusiasm. and stalling at the back of the grid before one of the moscow rounds was a bit daft but again, they're easy cars to stall, most drivers do it at one point or another during the season.

i would say a lot of people are going to be surprised, but they won't. they'll just forget they ever had any beef in the first place like they did with chilton.

Last edited by bella; 24 Aug 2013 at 12:33.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3293426)   #133
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Not a good qualifying. They should have been able to get through to Q2. The same with Torro Rosso. They are making decisions their experience indicates they shouldn't be making. They should be better (in decision making) than that.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3293427)   #134
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
really? it looked more like everyone else was caught out by marussia and caterham's bravado and the degree to which their gamble worked. they were all too busy watching what their direct rivals were doing, and there was no time to wait to see whether it would work for the "new" teams before taking the gamble themselves.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3293430)   #135
JohnMiller
Veteran

A CV as good as many who have raced in F1, and he has time to develop more. What's the fuss about?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3293436)   #136
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think it's just a good example of f1 fans who aren't familiar with anything outside of f1, and f1 media reporting everything in a f1 context. then the sensationalists get a hold of it, and before we know it, f1 drivers who don't know enough background are being quoted. *facepalm*

a year ago he was putting in some very very good performances in autogp. now he's up against a much stronger opposition in 3.5. it's not yielding the wins and podiums that it did in autogp, but he's still doing fine.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3293437)   #137
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller View Post
A CV as good as many who have raced in F1, and he has time to develop more. What's the fuss about?
No problem with the drivers. I just thought that the team personnel could have been a little more on to it getting them out at the end to maximize their opportunities. Didn't happen but I thought Sauber and STR management would be more on to it.

I have been disappointed with some of STR's strategy decisions in the past so may be a bit too critical of them as a result but I did expect more from them.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3293608)   #138
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
really? it looked more like everyone else was caught out by marussia and caterham's bravado and the degree to which their gamble worked. they were all too busy watching what their direct rivals were doing, and there was no time to wait to see whether it would work for the "new" teams before taking the gamble themselves.
Mr Brundle suggested on the teev that the 'tail end charlies' should be thinking about switching to slicks and just having a go. Presumably someone at Marussia & Caterham were watching the qually broadcast when only a few minutes later, they both did just that...

I always look at teams outside championship contention and consider there are 2 cars in the team, and two possibilities for tyres, inters/wets or slicks.. why not try one each? Not very adventurous it seems.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3293717)   #139
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I always look at teams outside championship contention and consider there are 2 cars in the team, and two possibilities for tyres, inters/wets or slicks.. why not try one each? Not very adventurous it seems.
str do that almost every race for example, but they get a ton of grief for it from the fanboys because it makes their favourite look bad. presumably the gamble they choose to go for in saturday's iffy weather conditions is setup based for the race rather than tyres for qualifying because the guys who are a long way out of position from the back will drop back fairly quickly during the race.

/off topic
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3311004)   #140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Barrichello To Race For Sauber In Brazil??

Surely not??
Old 30 Sep 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3311048)   #141
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, that's what Livio said in his feed.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3311275)   #142
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Wonder if Stirling Moss is free for the second car?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3312669)   #143
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber have finally agreed to a deal with Ferrari for engines in 2014.

http://www.sauberf1team.com/en/seaso...partnerschaft/

Last edited by 321Go; 4 Oct 2013 at 09:17. Reason: link to official announcement
Old 4 Oct 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3312726)   #144
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Waiting for the default speculations about the drivers...
Old 4 Oct 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3312729)   #145
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Barrichello - and Schumacher returns to Sauber for 2014 after 23 years.

Hehe.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3312961)   #146
321Go
Veteran

If the rumours surrounding Rubens is true, Sauber really are in trouble!!!!

Old 4 Oct 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3312965)   #147
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I like to see Barrichello back as a fan of the sport but if I was running that team, no. Barrichello is fast but can be prone to bouts of bad humour. He has a tendency to get distraught. I don't have confidence in him that he'd have the right mentality for an effective comeback.

If she insists on bringing back a veteran bring back Nick or Pedro. Two very pedestrian and unimaginative choices but they know the team and are steadier mentally.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3313006)   #148
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
If the rumours surrounding Rubens is true, Sauber really are in trouble!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I like to see Barrichello back as a fan of the sport but if I was running that team, no. Barrichello is fast but can be prone to bouts of bad humour. He has a tendency to get distraught. I don't have confidence in him that he'd have the right mentality for an effective comeback.

If she insists on bringing back a veteran bring back Nick or Pedro. Two very pedestrian and unimaginative choices but they know the team and are steadier mentally.
Gawd, I can't believe they really thinking something like that.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3313107)   #149
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love Rubinho but there is no way that it makes any sense.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3313122)   #150
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
I love Rubinho but there is no way that it makes any sense.
Rubens will not drive for Sauber in 2014. It has been confirmed. But that doesn't mean he isn't looking elsewhere. Ruby apparently has a bag with $15M in it for anyone who wants to give him a drive. Sauber has rejected the offer, but which team will be desperate to take it up??