Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which brand will win the Wilson Security Sandown 500?
AMG Erebus 1 1.96%
Ford 20 39.22%
Holden 27 52.94%
Nissan 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:12 (Ref:3304539)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure Mr W.Davison was in the right frame of mind to get in that car though. It was one incident with over a hundred laps still to go and his demeanour was as if someone was playing up with one of his girlfriends
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3304549)   #127
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race is replaying on 7 Mate right now... And it has me wondering if #47 should be in the garage with #4 to guarantee the right level of pitstop love
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3304551)   #128
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not sure Mr W.Davison was in the right frame of mind to get in that car though. It was one incident with over a hundred laps still to go and his demeanour was as if someone was playing up with one of his girlfriends
Lol they probably were! Isnt she a pit reporter?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3304555)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A question, why arent teams required to put the jack stands under the front when they ate changing brake pads?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3304566)   #130
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
FPR's mistake wasn't in not reversing 6 & 5, the mistake was bringing 6 in at that moment when they didn't have to. 5 had to come it - it had no fuel left. Had 6 done what 888 did, the race could have been very different for them.
That's the question Will should have been asking instead of being all too quick to bag the team in public. Pretty poor form.

It didn't seem to matter to Will or Steve that the #5 car's strategy would have been needlessly compromised with their #6 car having priority for a non-essential pitstop.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3304569)   #131
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
That's the question Will should have been asking instead of being all too quick to bag the team in public. Pretty poor form.

It didn't seem to matter to Will or Steve that the #5 car's strategy would have been needlessly compromised with their #6 car having priority for a non-essential pitstop.
The acid was still flowing when they did the post race interviews with both Mr Owen and Mr Davison, complaining about the pitstop stacking after just wobbling on about how the transaxle was threatening to blow up with every lap

Arguably Mr Davison needs a media manager's tutelage, or indeed his words are from a person not intending staying at FPR
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3304571)   #132
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Engel/Johnson Mercedes?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3304573)   #133
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The acid was still flowing when they did the post race interviews with both Mr Owen and Mr Davison, complaining about the pitstop stacking after just wobbling on about how the transaxle was threatening to blow up with every lap

Arguably Mr Davison needs a media manager's tutelage, or indeed his words are from a person not intending staying at FPR
No, probably more simply the words of a frustrated driver who reportedly personally put money into Steve's salary to get him into the team. It must have been a huge disappointment for Will.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3304588)   #134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
What happened to the Engel/Johnson Mercedes?
Lost a front brake duct in one of their rubs against cars in front of them, cooking the fluid and losing all retardation. Erebus fixed the issue, and the car was as quick as before..but lots of time lost. Note I found that on FB while the #7 mob didnt take any notice
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3304594)   #135
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the house of 8's left the #888 car out at the same time and #6 had only pitted 16 or so laps prior to the SC so why didn't they just leave the car out to chase Craig and leave it on that strategy and pit #5 and keep it on it's strategy.

also with this apparent "agreement" all on the #6 side of the garage heard it but no-one on the #5 side did and the manager is oblivious to anything thats happening. with this one would be lead to believe the FPR team is divided in 2 and one side dosn't share or talk to the other and unlike RBRA with Roland (or previously Burgess) playing the link man and managing the 2 sides Tim Edwards is incapable of controling or managing his 2 sides to make sure these stuff ups don't occur.

i'd say there is deffinatly alot of tension in the FPR garage atm on all levels, they have had comming together of driver's this pit stuff and a gradual rise in tension as the year has gone on. as Steve Owen said a "Multi 21" situation at RBR in F1 and neither driver or engineers share or talk much or listen.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3304616)   #136
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to have got the good weather yesterday at the track as opposed to it raining all day today. No one could touch the #1 car all day, I guess they have sorted out the new chassis very quickly. It was certainly good to see Holdsworth have a very competitive run after his luckless start to the season.

On another note, the ticket prices are getting too high. It was $80 at the gate yesterday for general admission. I'm now aware that I could have saved $6 or $7 by buying online but I really think one day tickets for adults should be priced around $50-$60.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3304632)   #137
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
At least Walsh has Bathurst experience in a Supercar, which will hopefully put him in better steed.

Had to laugh at his post-crash interview with Berretts.

"That was a heavy impact. Did it hurt?"

"Yes, it did hurt."

[lengthy pause]
Many moons ago, a young gun by the name of Mr Stokell codrove a DJR Falcon at Sandown. It seemed at the time that Mr Stokell had enjoyed a number of overrevs (said to be 8,400rpm and above) which ultimately damaged the engine.

Surprisingly Mr McLean showed up in his place at Bathurst.

Times are different now, but...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3304634)   #138
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A similar (yet slightly different) story could be said of a young Mr McConville GTR...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3304636)   #139
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
A similar (yet slightly different) story could be said of a young Mr McConville GTR...
Similar issue, different track. And now series DSO... Hmmm...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3304655)   #140
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend and happy to have left the rain in Melbourne this morning..pity it followed me all the way home.

Observations...media is always happy to latch onto a story about a pit double stack issue, frankly what's transpired by the media outlets beating this up is ridiculous. Will is obviously going to state his displeasure at what happened, what do they want him to say? More to the point what do they want Tim Edwards to say? Makes for a good story, I'd hate to be the one calling strategy on a car at that stage of a race, and as we know, some get it right, others get it wrong. A third place is nothing to sneeze at.

I've always found Will to be a passionate competitor, win or lose, at least the bloke is genuine about what's happened. The sport needs less 'yes' men and more guys who will tell it like it is. And I'd suggest he didn't sledge his team consciously, just a heat of the moment thing. Does anyone remember one C Lowndes upset by stacking issues that favoured his team mate?

Will it impact his contract negotiations, I guess we will see...but where would he go for the sake of one race result.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3304681)   #141
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Many moons ago, a young gun by the name of Mr Stokell codrove a DJR Falcon at Sandown. It seemed at the time that Mr Stokell had enjoyed a number of overrevs (said to be 8,400rpm and above) which ultimately damaged the engine.

Surprisingly Mr McLean showed up in his place at Bathurst.

Times are different now, but...
Major difference is Mr Stokell wasn't paying for his drive.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3304684)   #142
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Great weekend and happy to have left the rain in Melbourne this morning..pity it followed me all the way home.

Observations...media is always happy to latch onto a story about a pit double stack issue, frankly what's transpired by the media outlets beating this up is ridiculous. Will is obviously going to state his displeasure at what happened, what do they want him to say? More to the point what do they want Tim Edwards to say? Makes for a good story, I'd hate to be the one calling strategy on a car at that stage of a race, and as we know, some get it right, others get it wrong. A third place is nothing to sneeze at.

I've always found Will to be a passionate competitor, win or lose, at least the bloke is genuine about what's happened. The sport needs less 'yes' men and more guys who will tell it like it is. And I'd suggest he didn't sledge his team consciously, just a heat of the moment thing. Does anyone remember one C Lowndes upset by stacking issues that favoured his team mate?

Will it impact his contract negotiations, I guess we will see...but where would he go for the sake of one race result.
A championship contender throws his toys out of the pram, bags his team out, suggests a team agreement was broken, the team manager then refutes that allegation, but the whole thing is a media beat-up? It's not like they took a quote and twisted its context. He and Steve Owen repeated it three times between them and all 'the media' did was report accurately what was said.

As for 'what do they want him to say' - I'm guessing they're pretty happy with what he did say. Gives them something to write about. Lowndes also got caught out double-stacking - no story about him being ticked off at his team because he didn't complain in public.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3304692)   #143
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You are missing the bit about the championship contender allegedly in talks to extend his deal at that team too
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3304879)   #144
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point is that if the media keep pressing on a sore point, do they expect anything different in his answer? It's like everyone asking Jamie if he was pleased with his weekend in winton. I note the same thing happened to Lowndes, but did the media look for a negative story in that pit after a 1/2 finish? Hell no.

I noted the contract bit too, another point is that the media can turn that story into a 'I'm not happy at FPR' story until the bloke signs on again.

Will has no reason to go anywhere else. Why would the bloke go from being in a team that is the 'best of the rest', unless he makes one of those 'I need a new challenge' excuses...I guess we shall see.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3304886)   #145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Erebus thrives on adversity

Mrs Klimenko is clearly very proud of her team's impact, just short of one year to the day since she, Mr Stone and Mr Maddison announced that AMG were coming, you can see her pride in the competitiveness of not only her cars, but the whole Erebus team

Nice to see that she is also being gracious about Mr Slade's departure too.

I think there is one part that's not quite right. There were 2 superstars in her cars at the weekend, two at the next level, then two arguably a fraction behind them. The superstars are hard to find, even with half the field knocking on the door looking for an E63AMG company car

Could Mr W.Davison be heading here?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3304919)   #146
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
My point is that if the media keep pressing on a sore point, do they expect anything different in his answer? It's like everyone asking Jamie if he was pleased with his weekend in winton. I note the same thing happened to Lowndes, but did the media look for a negative story in that pit after a 1/2 finish? Hell no.

I noted the contract bit too, another point is that the media can turn that story into a 'I'm not happy at FPR' story until the bloke signs on again.

Will has no reason to go anywhere else. Why would the bloke go from being in a team that is the 'best of the rest', unless he makes one of those 'I need a new challenge' excuses...I guess we shall see.
They didn't need to press. Will & Steve were volunteering their opinions freely. You didn't see Jamie spouting off about the complete balls-up that was their driver change stop did you? Nor did you see Lowndes moaning about double-stacking - again. No, they were professional and kept their critical feedback in-house.

The media weren't 'looking' for a negative story. Will & Steve handed it to them on a platter. Craig & Jamie are more boring to us - but to their team they're far more professional.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3304922)   #147
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Similar issue, different track. And now series DSO... Hmmm...
who is the Utes DSO now?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3304925)   #148
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
who is the Utes DSO now?
Paul Stokell...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Sep 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3304943)   #149
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV_08 View Post
On another note, the ticket prices are getting too high. It was $80 at the gate yesterday for general admission. I'm now aware that I could have saved $6 or $7 by buying online but I really think one day tickets for adults should be priced around $50-$60.
It's the ticket prices that make it easy for me to decide to stay at home in a comfortable leather chair with a laptop beside me so I keep track of who's doing what.

I had thought of going on Friday for a looksee, but that was still going be $35 online! From what you say that may have been $40 at the gate.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3304944)   #150
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
They didn't need to press. Will & Steve were volunteering their opinions freely. You didn't see Jamie spouting off about the complete balls-up that was their driver change stop did you? Nor did you see Lowndes moaning about double-stacking - again. No, they were professional and kept their critical feedback in-house.

The media weren't 'looking' for a negative story. Will & Steve handed it to them on a platter. Craig & Jamie are more boring to us - but to their team they're far more professional.
It doesn't help that the media is very Holden 'friendly'.