Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 May 2014, 04:40 (Ref:3411604)   #126
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey guys, I make the following comments. I've got the in-car footage but I can't post attachments on here.

the ascari should of seen me down the main straight.
he should of seen me through turn 2.
I rolled off through 3 as I thought we may collide.
he is on the inside of the track leading to 4 then moves to the middle of the track for the corner, so I'm not sure if he even knows I'm there.
I am beside him before we turn into 4, surely he knows I am there?
coming out out 4, I hold my line and we touch. koutsamidis who I hosed a lap earlier thinks he can regain 8th spot up the inside from me then somehow keep me behind him for the next 20 laps?
I was lapping the ascari for the 2nd time, so he shouldn't be racing me and should get out of the way.
please, no lectures on "the faster car needs to make the move safely"
how about "the slower car needs to get out of the way of lapping traffic with blue flags waving", or at the least use the mirrors that are on the car.

we started last for Sunday's cup car race as Volvo man McLaughlin tagged me after mg on the first lap of Saturday's race and I broke a tie rod, finishing last. my point is on Sunday's race, we went a lap down and I got right out of the way of the first 6 guys who were fighting for the win and points. it's really easy to check your mirrors every couple of corners to see whos coming up behind you.

what annoys me most is dave didn't get to turn a lap in 2 races out of 3 for the weekend.

Last edited by scudd; 28 May 2014 at 04:46.
Old 28 May 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3411619)   #127
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
hey guys, I make the following comments. I've got the in-car footage but I can't post attachments on here.

the ascari should of seen me down the main straight.
he should of seen me through turn 2.
I rolled off through 3 as I thought we may collide.
he is on the inside of the track leading to 4 then moves to the middle of the track for the corner, so I'm not sure if he even knows I'm there.
I am beside him before we turn into 4, surely he knows I am there?
coming out out 4, I hold my line and we touch. koutsamidis who I hosed a lap earlier thinks he can regain 8th spot up the inside from me then somehow keep me behind him for the next 20 laps?
I was lapping the ascari for the 2nd time, so he shouldn't be racing me and should get out of the way.
please, no lectures on "the faster car needs to make the move safely"
how about "the slower car needs to get out of the way of lapping traffic with blue flags waving", or at the least use the mirrors that are on the car.

we started last for Sunday's cup car race as Volvo man McLaughlin tagged me after mg on the first lap of Saturday's race and I broke a tie rod, finishing last. my point is on Sunday's race, we went a lap down and I got right out of the way of the first 6 guys who were fighting for the win and points. it's really easy to check your mirrors every couple of corners to see whos coming up behind you.

what annoys me most is dave didn't get to turn a lap in 2 races out of 3 for the weekend.
Feel for you man,luck must turn soon.
Old 28 May 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3411685)   #128
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Scud was the chassis you raced on the weekend the one you will race at Spa or is that on it's way already?
Old 28 May 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3411729)   #129
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Scud was the chassis you raced on the weekend the one you will race at Spa or is that on it's way already?
Other chassis already on it's way to Reiter for test day July 2nd with Dave Russell and Steve Owen.
Old 28 May 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3411734)   #130
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Other chassis already on it's way to Reiter for test day July 2nd with Dave Russell and Steve Owen.

Cheers

Can't wait to see how you guys go
Old 28 May 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3411760)   #131
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Cheers

Can't wait to see how you guys go
Me neither!
Old 28 May 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3412085)   #132
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Me neither!
Hope Spa goes well for you. We'll be well and truly back from our European adventures, post LM24, so will be ready for another endurance racing hit by then.
Good luck, you guys seem to have better luck racing overseas, if recent history is anything is anything to go by.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3416784)   #133
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Phillip Island race on SBS Speedweek atm
Old 8 Jun 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3416787)   #134
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Phillip Island race on SBS Speedweek atm
Good man.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 04:29 (Ref:3416789)   #135
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Just saw Scuds crash. geez the Lambo got some air
Old 8 Jun 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3416794)   #136
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
FFS gets a mention by the commentators-so how much did you pay them Phil?
Old 8 Jun 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3416812)   #137
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They kept my boat race off the telly though.... Good head for radio and all that....

We got some good telly time I thought, so thanks to the production crew for that, Dalberto drove like a champ of course, but Defelice passing and gapping Le Brock on his out lap was crucial.

I think scudd was victim of his livery. Too much like the road colour, Ascari didn't see him? I don't think the Audi can take any blame at all, but the Ascari didn't really move over too much either way. Racing incident IMO. Although going in to Honda Hairpin the ling way round was only ever gonna put you in one place at the exit.

Shame for all three involved.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3425197)   #138
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Former V8 Supercar full-timer Tony D'Alberto has been given a surprise call-up with Maranello Motorsport at the Townsville street circuit from July 4-6 Read More
Old 24 Jun 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3425683)   #139
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whos the pro and who's the am?
Old 24 Jun 2014, 04:13 (Ref:3425709)   #140
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JB is the Amateur and Tony the Pro.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3425820)   #141
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
will be exciting for the GT sereis to race in front of a crowd and most likely get same weekend tv coverage
Old 25 Jun 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3426123)   #142
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
will be exciting for the GT sereis to race in front of a crowd and most likely get same weekend tv coverage
Are channel 7 covering GT races on TV pecky?
Old 25 Jun 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3426127)   #143
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Are channel 7 covering GT races on TV pecky?
Channel 7 have been showing a number of support races this year, assuming they will take the GT race, especially with them showing the 12 hour, bit of promotion for that race

Although I dont know for sure, just thinking at least one of the races will be shown, dont think it will be live though
Old 25 Jun 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3426130)   #144
D.R.T.
Veteran

Fingers crossed they get on. Do 7 pre advertise or provide schedules for their tv broadcasts?

Eg. Support races aired from 2pm to 3pm, V8SA from 3pm to 4pm.

Would be great to watch the GT's however probably not going to spend 4 hours in front of the box to jag 1 x 40min race.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3426134)   #145
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on previous rounds where AGT has shared the bill with V8SC, I personally doubt 7 will show one of the AGT races. Given that Utes, Carrera Cup and Development Series are also on, I would expect air time to be given to those categories first.

However, the event does give 7 the opportunity to promote the type of vehicle and racing that the B12 offers. I could imagine V8SC execs watching/listening to that with furrowed brows ...

Saturday's race 1 won't be live, starts at 10:45am; neither will Sunday's race 2 for a similar reason. Sunday's race 3 has the potential to be as it starts at 2:10, but more likely we will see a fluff piece and hear the GT's in the background, or they will use the time to replay said ute race or more likely V8 qualifying.

Message to channel 7: Prove me wrong!
Old 25 Jun 2014, 04:23 (Ref:3426135)   #146
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Fingers crossed they get on. Do 7 pre advertise or provide schedules for their tv broadcasts?

Would be great to watch the GT's however probably not going to spend 4 hours in front of the box to jag 1 x 40min race.
in the tv guides they do, although not necessary the catagory, its usually before the main coverage, although this is one of the big rounds (ie next years 6 rounds on FTA) so they might show it throughout the coverage
Old 25 Jun 2014, 04:23 (Ref:3426136)   #147
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

The EPG on your TV or set top box or PVR will help you with that.

It usually shows V8 Xtra, a Qualifying and the Races separately.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3426139)   #148
Reload
Veteran

Australia
The Australian GT Championship is set to be bolstered by the local debut of Reiter Engineering's Chevrolet Camaro GT3 later this season Read More

Awesome cars and hopefully at least one of them makes it to the B12hr
Old 25 Jun 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3426231)   #149
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
The Australian GT Championship is set to be bolstered by the local debut of Reiter Engineering's Chevrolet Camaro GT3 later this season Read More

Awesome cars and hopefully at least one of them makes it to the B12hr

It's awesome to see a new car in the series and by my memory it's the first time the Camaro has raced outside of Europe and by a customer team also.

Would love to see the likes of Tomas Enge in one of them for the B12. Maybe Prince Von Turn und Taxis can be persuaded to come downunder?
Old 26 Jun 2014, 05:30 (Ref:3426590)   #150
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
It's awesome to see a new car in the series and by my memory it's the first time the Camaro has raced outside of Europe and by a customer team also.

Would love to see the likes of Tomas Enge in one of them for the B12. Maybe Prince Von Turn und Taxis can be persuaded to come downunder?
I saw Taxis and thought that you were talking about V8 Supercars ??? Good luck with putting that and 2 other names on the car.