Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:11 (Ref:4178947)   #126
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Second in GTS 11 Class is the Morgan.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4178948)   #127
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The #57 James Owen TR4 seems to have been in the pits for too long for a regular service. Hope all is well there
Still in the pits.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4178949)   #128
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
So much to say and more important to learn about Chianti region. Back to overall classification:the third car is Elan # 600 preceeding the GT40 # 25. At the moment the Lotus is doing '54" when the Ford is doing '45", remaining time being 50' and with a gap of 23" its canned for the Lotus I fear.
Well yes.

But, after the safety cars, can Mr. Griffiths (or whoever is driving) eke the stint out to finish with 3 stops rather than 4?

In theory, since they manage over 2 hours for the first stop, 3 might do it.

If not and assuming no other disruptive influences before the finish (yeah, right...) they might make it, despite the 6+ minutes STOP in sector 2 right after their first pit stop.

If they can't stretch it, and assuming no other unpredictable interventions, a stop might drop them behind the Elan.

Now, I bet that comment has put a curse on all involved ...
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4178950)   #129
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So much to say and more important to learn about Chianti region. Back to overall classification:the third car is Elan # 600 preceeding the GT40 # 25. At the moment the Lotus is doing '54" when the Ford is doing '45", remaining time being 50' and with a gap of 23" its canned for the Lotus I fear.
Yeah the #600 Andrew Jordan Elan is now off the GT40 filled podium
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:20 (Ref:4178951)   #130
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes, the TVR (Barton/Reuben/Greensall) is now second in GTS 12 Class, leaded by "the" E-Type (Minshaw/Keen).
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:21 (Ref:4178952)   #131
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Yeah the #600 Andrew Jordan Elan is now off the GT40 filled podium
Nope!!!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4178953)   #132
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
30' to go the leader is… the Safety Car!!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4178954)   #133
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The way they go I's say GT40, Lotus Elan and GT40.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4178955)   #134
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Galaxie is showing as "STOP", a couple of laps short of "passing" Ollie Bryant.

Jordan Elan currently P2 overall with the Safety Car deployed and 28mins to go.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4178957)   #135
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yeah, think its over for the Galaxie.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4178959)   #136
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nope!!!
Lol as soon as I posted I saw PIT against a couple of the leading GT40s and now with an SC the #600 is 2nd . 25 minutes to go. Hope the SC has topped up its own fuel!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:30 (Ref:4178960)   #137
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Breathtaking I tell you!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4178961)   #138
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Safety Car = Margaux! Happy bunny!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4178962)   #139
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard do you have the live timing link? Google can't seem to find it.

Just got back from work and very much enjoying the chat here.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4178963)   #140
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/ on the right, LIVE TIMING
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4178964)   #141
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Given that the Griffiths GT40 has Shedden and Priaulx as co-drivers one might expect it to produce a decent result, even if it was somehow delayed during the race.

With what seems to be a lap in hand they should be able to stretch the fuel without a splash and dash. But what if they can't?

An Elan winning the 6 hours?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4178965)   #142
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/ on the right, LIVE TIMING
Top right of the page on my PC screen.

Who knows where on a mobile device ....
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4178966)   #143
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
From my poor memory and even with Chateau Deyrem Valentin help, the last time we saw a Lotus on the podium it was a '47. Right?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:39 (Ref:4178967)   #144
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Top right of the page on my PC screen.

Who knows where on a mobile device ....
If all else fails: https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/spasixhours
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4178968)   #145
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You're right here, Grant, splah and dash will be the key factor. Ten minutes to go and they achieve exactly the same lap time! Fantastic race.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4178970)   #146
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4178971)   #147
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Watch the Race Direction warnings/penalties for #14 and #600, they ran flawlessly till now. NINE minutes. Go Lotus!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4178972)   #148
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max, I can't enough recommend not to use acronyms or silly abreviations like SC, TF, FCY, YF and stuff. Just sayin'…
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4178973)   #149
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Leaders in '57 and E-Type in '53, gosh this is racing.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4178974)   #150
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Galaxie still showing Stopped.

5 minutes left and still the Elan is showing 2nd