Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 19 Nov 2002, 18:14 (Ref:432438)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Looks like an original game without any improved track textures or new cars.
Yes, all of my cars are modified. I'm using the GPLEA Eagle, BRM, Ferrari, and Honda, Volker thingummyjig's Cooper, Micha's Lotus (in Gold Leaf colours) and a Brabham (I don't know where I got that).

I also have a lot of texture updates for the tracks installed. I'm lucky enough to have a fairly powerful pc which will let me use all the eye-candy without loss of performance.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 22:50 (Ref:432650)   #127
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
my shots and replays are far better than racer69's and far worse than Ayesedasi's - nice mid-range performance.

i used to have a lovely one where some plonker in a Lotus (some Clark chap-or something) decided on the 2nd lap to shunt me off the track before the braking point to the 1st corner at Rouen, meaning i shot up that embankment at something like 180mph+, hit the fence and flew about 200ft in the air!

i also had one where i lost all my wheels on the entrance to the 1st lesmo and overtook about 4 cars after a severe misjudgement after Curva Grande.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 20 Nov 2002, 06:39 (Ref:432852)   #128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the beauty of GPL, you can save as much replay as you want (almost) and then take as many screenshots as you want. I've got my recent 10-lap race at Spa saved - 37 minutes of it!
Old 21 Nov 2002, 12:35 (Ref:433911)   #129
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, i haven't made any changes to GPL i've added some 8 or so tracks, but my computer ain't really powerful enough to play with any of the graphics Where can you download some new cars.

Aysedasi - The nosedive was at the Nurburgring, early in the lap, where you come out of the hedges, open it up across the bridge and over the hump into a quick left hander (be som much easier if i knew the corner name). Anyway, as i crested the top i just slammed on the brakes, and that was the result, I can't remember changing the set-up, but i could have

More to come. Anyone know how to reduce picture sizes easily. At the moment i'm copying it into paint and either cutting out the bit i want or having to do a really dodgy reduce job.
Old 21 Nov 2002, 18:02 (Ref:434144)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
The nosedive was at the Nurburgring, early in the lap, where you come out of the hedges, open it up across the bridge and over the hump into a quick left hander (be som much easier if i knew the corner name).
I can't remember it either, but I know I still haven't dared to crest that rise flat yet!

Quote:
Anyone know how to reduce picture sizes easily.
I use Photoshop 6.0, but any image program (with the exception of the basic MS Paint) should be able to resize for you.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Nov 2002 at 18:02.
Old 21 Nov 2002, 21:22 (Ref:434264)   #131
V8moz
Rookie

V8moz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some V8 Supercars from the 2000 season
Game: Nascar Racing 1999

Russell Ingall

Glenn Seton & Brad Jones

Craig Baird leads Lowndes and Steven Johnson

Seton and Tander trying to lap Trevor Ashby

Brad Jones leads the field

"The Rat"

Mark Larkham
Old 21 Nov 2002, 22:28 (Ref:434301)   #132
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why do the Falcons look like Mercedes CLK's?
Old 22 Nov 2002, 07:50 (Ref:434457)   #133
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
racer69, don't worry about not doing that corner flat, it's totally foolish because you've got 2 right-hand corners coming up quickly after the crest where you HAVE to be doing only around 120/30mph...do that crest flat and you'll be punching your steering wheel with frustration about 2 seconds after...

Old 22 Nov 2002, 13:02 (Ref:434615)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
do that crest flat and you'll be punching your steering wheel with frustration about 2 seconds after...
If I didn't have more respect for my MOMO, I'd be punching it every 2 seconds........
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:27 (Ref:434878)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Couldn't resist this one - this is me going -ive at Mosport about 5 minutes ago in my newly-liveried Eagle

It also takes my GPL Rank under +30, yippee!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:50 (Ref:434887)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
.... and here's the pic I was trying to post (seems to be difficult tonight?)
Attached Thumbnails
moseagle.jpg  
Old 23 Nov 2002, 18:09 (Ref:435383)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And here's another to celebrate just knocking 12 seconds off my Rank at the 'Ring (even though this was taken at Spa ).
Attached Thumbnails
eaglespa390.jpg  
Old 23 Nov 2002, 18:45 (Ref:435393)   #138
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey, where did you get the flying mod ?
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:21 (Ref:435687)   #139
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is why the old Mulsanne Straight was such an eye opener
Attached Thumbnails
10t - brm in face.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:21 (Ref:435688)   #140
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Eau Rouge in a BRM

Last edited by racer69; 24 Nov 2002 at 10:23.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:25 (Ref:435692)   #141
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Ok, here is Eau Rouge in a BRM
Attached Thumbnails
10t - eau rouge.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:29 (Ref:435696)   #142
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Corser, Fogarty & Slight in a last lap dice at Misano
Attached Images

Last edited by racer69; 24 Nov 2002 at 10:30.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:32 (Ref:435699)   #143
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Look in the top left corner. That is what happens when you come across a slow moving car at the apex of the kink on Mulsanne straight
Attached Thumbnails
10t - mulsanne air.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:35 (Ref:435702)   #144
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
how the hell do you make a screenshot - i've tried once and forgotten how to do it!!!

racer 69, i did the same thing once - those damn coopers are so damned stubborn sometimes!

(its funny how they NEVER seem to crash out but you do...)

Old 24 Nov 2002, 11:26 (Ref:435729)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
how the hell do you make a screenshot - i've tried once and forgotten how to do it!!!
If you want to do them one at a time, just use printscreen on your keyboard. This will copy the screen to your clipboard. You can then paste it into Paint and edit it with Photoshop os something similar.

For much better results (which don't mean closing GPL (or whatever) down after every shot, use Howie's Quick Screen Capture - one touch of F12 for a picture (and you hear a shutter sound). You can determine by preference where the shots will be stored - by default as jpegs.

I can't now remember the URL for Howie's QSC but a Google search should find it.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 17:03 (Ref:435853)   #146
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
.... and here's the pic I was trying to post (seems to be difficult tonight?)
wow! that car looks great! where did u get it?
Old 24 Nov 2002, 18:23 (Ref:435876)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The patriotic Eagle?

Here....

http://gplvor.m4driving.sm/virtualon...morialRace.htm
Old 24 Nov 2002, 20:20 (Ref:435933)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just modified my "Senna" helmet a little - any excuse for another screenie.....
Attached Thumbnails
funatglen.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2002, 21:59 (Ref:435981)   #149
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
that looks great! is that a Union Jack on the top?
Old 24 Nov 2002, 22:22 (Ref:436002)   #150
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
that looks great! is that a Union Jack on the top?

Yep, I just nicked a bitmap off the net. Haven't quite got it located right, but it'll do for now!