Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1390595)   #126
cav
Racer

cav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with you emjaya,Phil Ward is clearly doing plenty right, you should ring him up oaksnaf, you might be pleasantly surprised and as you said you you organise others to race you might be able to give him a hand.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1390596)   #127
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav
I am with you emjaya,Phil Ward is clearly doing plenty right, you should ring him up oaksnaf, you might be pleasantly surprised and as you said you you organise others to race you might be able to give him a hand.
Wait a second, if you read my posts through i have nothing but praise for the category most of the time. There are just fine details in which i dont think it will achieve (ie: a valid step into V8's)

And dont worry ive already talked to Phil Ward......
Old 25 Aug 2005, 01:46 (Ref:1390634)   #128
noeleon
Rookie

noeleon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that given the Aussie Racers have been only around for 5 years and that only the last 2 years on the AVESCO calendar, that they have done unbelieveably well. Getting such a new class onto the MAIN GAMEs support show by itself is no small feat. That alone shows how proffesional Aussie Racers and Phil Ward are, they offer the full package, a real show to the fans, a unique platform to sponsors and race craft to drivers.

As for being recognised as a stepping stone for a driver into a V8 drive, then only time will tell, but I think its a sure thing, sure FF have the runs on the board in this area but so will the Aussie Racers after they have been around 20 years.

A point some people here seem to keep overlooking from the drivers view ... Aussie Racers is offering equal machinery at a budget that can't be beaten for them to show just how good they are in front of the BIG BOYS. Up till Aussie Racers you needed money first to get that opportunity! Now guys like Brad Lowe and a number of others past and present in the class will get the opportunity based on their ability.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 05:47 (Ref:1390696)   #129
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Who cares what they look like? The racing is fantastic.
Now that is how the perception of Motorsport should be.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 07:24 (Ref:1400067)   #130
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any fresh news on this series? Im looking for some info regarding round structure for next year etc etc....
Old 6 Sep 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1400080)   #131
noeleon
Rookie

Support categories on the AVESCO calendar generally don't get confirmation of which meetings they will be at to late Oct early Nov based on previous years experiences. However, I can't see why the ARC won't be at the same meetings in 2006 as 2005, with the exception being Eastern Creek of course (assuming that the V8s dont go there). Then they may do another round with HPDC as they did this year ...

However ... you can see the ARC from Oran Park this Saturday 4pm on Channel 10s Trackside, yes, thats right, Saturday 4pm ... the change from Sunday due to clashes with a sport called AFL???
Old 6 Sep 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1400114)   #132
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trackside isn't on this Sunday due to the Sandown 500, not the AFL
Old 6 Sep 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1400139)   #133
noeleon
Rookie

Its always on Sunday... and never on the weekend the V8s are live though, the reason its on Saturday this time is due to AFL final games the following Sunday...
Old 7 Sep 2005, 03:14 (Ref:1400999)   #134
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I would say that they have only really been around in any great prominence for three years (this being the third). Whatever the case, it is nothing compared to the longevity of the likes of FF.

That's rubbish.

Guys like Monte, Davy, Yarwood and Edwards all came to Aussie Racers out of karts - so what if it was cheaper than Formula Ford!? Doesn't make it a slight on the driving standards.

Are you telling me Dick Johnson took Tim Monte on because he though, "oh, here's a guy who's career is in a 'holding pattern'"?
Just to back track for a second, it's interesting that you have selected Dick Johnson Racing. One of the magazines has indicated that one of DJR
s development drivers will be graduating into a HPDC car for next year.

It's James Moffat from Ute Racing.

The main game teams support drivers in almost any category. ARC is not that special in that regard.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1403534)   #135
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Well arriving at Sandown friday morning after the Aussie Racing Cars practice session i was quite suprised to see a lot of teams with their engines out and tinkering with them. I soon found out, that at least 6 teams had blown an engine, and most of the teams say they get blown pretty easily.

Then some further interegation about the class found out brakes $600 replaced ever 2 meetings, tyres $900 replaced every 100km. So on brakes and tyres alone, every 3 meetings its $1500. Now add that in with a new engine damage repairs, entry fee and general maintenance tools etc the category doesn't become so cheap as it has been known to be.

But this didn't stop the racing being exciting. Which was good to see.

And James Moffat hasn't officially signed, as i spoke to him and he said there are only a few more things left to be sorted out, whcih i feel will be done this weekend.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1403666)   #136
noeleon
Rookie

Engines are engines and compared to other classes the 1200cc Yamaha is still very cheap to repair if reqd, and considering the lap times it does and how cheap they are to start with its still the best value for money on track.

As for brakes and tyres ... thats very much a personal choice also, ask Car 17 Paul Kemal whose won both races so far at Sandown this weekend when he last replaced his tyres and brakes (although he will be using fresh tyres today that he had tucked away waiting for it to rain), some guys like to replace them well before they are really required in the belief it helps them, but, they still arent running at the front!

Facts are most guys use only 2 sets of tyres a year, and change their brakes only once, some are doing it more often as "sponsors" are making them available but aren't really required.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 03:02 (Ref:1404066)   #137
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An engine is not an engine, especially in Aussie Race Cars, Noeleon.

An engine in Aussie Race Cars is whatever can be found - may have done 2,000 kms or 100,000 kms.

Anyone who deludes themself otherwise is asking for trouble
Old 11 Sep 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1404213)   #138
williamsf1
Veteran

do any of these cars have the 1250 in them? or are they all 1200? and exactly 1200 or something like 1170?
Old 12 Sep 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1405189)   #139
Hmmmmm
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Hmmmmm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"An engine is not an engine, especially in Aussie Race Cars, Noeleon."

"An engine in Aussie Race Cars is whatever can be found - may have done 2,000 kms or 100,000 kms."

And that is for a "brand new" customer car ordered straight from the "factory", different story if you can afford one of the "factory supported" cars, it seems the more you pay the faster you go.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1405473)   #140
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmmm, you have figured it out. Not bad for a first post. "Welcome" to the forum.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1419851)   #141
williamsf1
Veteran

anyone have any news regarding next years series?

I'd like to know more about the program, how many rounds etc....
Old 30 Sep 2005, 07:01 (Ref:1420596)   #142
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And TV coverage....
Old 30 Sep 2005, 07:18 (Ref:1420607)   #143
williamsf1
Veteran

yeah that too ......

so any goss please
Old 30 Sep 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1420926)   #144
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmmmm
"An engine is not an engine, especially in Aussie Race Cars, Noeleon."

"An engine in Aussie Race Cars is whatever can be found - may have done 2,000 kms or 100,000 kms."

And that is for a "brand new" customer car ordered straight from the "factory", different story if you can afford one of the "factory supported" cars, it seems the more you pay the faster you go.
Isn't ARC suppose to create an opportunity for future racers an opportunity to race in a cheap competitive catergory, isn't the fact the more money you give to the factory the further up the field you will be setting a bad example for the class.

This has been probaly been touched before but why is it that you can only run a AU or VY Supercar shape ( as well as the older shaped FJ and 40 Coupes) is this an avesco push or is there a line in teh sand down the line where other shapes are going to be allowed in?
Old 1 Oct 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1421348)   #145
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing new, the fact is - all control classes, be it ARC, FVee, FFord, HQ, Saloon Cars, etc. , have very strict rules on what can & can't be done. The main difference in the 'gun' cars & the rest (apart from driving ability) are things like the 'grey' areas in rules, certainly not illegal, but open to 'interpretation'.

It's not like sports sedans where you can find a fair increase in hp, some of the above mentioned classes have been known to spend a ridiculous amount of money finding maybe 2 or 3 hp!

Also, chassis development, whether in stiffnes, weight/weight placement, or suspension development, will always make a difference. Most control categories will give you specific measurements & weights - HOW you achieve this, well, THAT can make a difference.....
Old 1 Oct 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1421357)   #146
williamsf1
Veteran

nice.... but is there any news on how the catagory will be placed for next year?

AVESCO? main game supports? or Lites? or what else? and a mix?

also will it have trackside TV?
Old 2 Oct 2005, 04:51 (Ref:1421888)   #147
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon they will stay on the supercar program but will do their own tv coverage like what commodore cup does with theres, they get red max to film it and then they buy the footage of them and put it on tv. Maybe they might head down that road
Old 27 Oct 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1445207)   #148
williamsf1
Veteran

any news on this series for 2006? Im interested in knowing what tyres they will run as I hear that the yoko A32R is out of production????
Old 27 Oct 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1445568)   #149
cav
Racer

I have heard that the the tyre is to be discontinued, they had a car on display at Indy with Advan signage on it, why dont you call the factory and get the info so you can post it here. I saw a bit in Motorsport news saying they are with AVESCO and TV is going to happen. The racing was unreal at Indy, they were the only class that actually did any overtaking and plenty of it.You can understand why AVESCO want them.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1445573)   #150
cav
Racer

And I forgot to mention that the set up of the Aussie Racers at Indy was terrific and everyone in the class is so enthusiastic to talk to the spectators and show off the cars,they were actually the only cars you could get to see up close. I wish i had asked about the tyres cause I could heve given you the answer williams f1.
Closed Thread