Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Apr 2001, 01:25 (Ref:78518)   #126
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ttc

EERO was the first

Ok, I agree about EERO. but if you will notice, he later changed his comments so that they were adressed to both me and Quino.

GT_R next.

Well I pointed that out myself, didn't I?

Followed by Gerard.

You will note that he said "calling EACH OTHER names"

Which means that he was adressing both of us.

Then Tristan.

Oh, come one now, you can't use that as evidence against me!. Tristan was saying how much he EJOYED seeing the heated debate going on between me and Quino. He only said what he said in order to absolve him of any blame(from what I gather)

Wrex was next.

Are you blind?, Wrex said that he AGREED with me, but only that he felt I was repeating myself.

So that's about 3 people who's comments were directed towards me. So NO, that doesn't constitue "most folks".

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 8 Apr 2001 at 01:29.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 01:41 (Ref:78521)   #127
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry to bring this up again...AND again...... but in my 30 years of teaching there were 3 basic ideas I attempted to instill in my students no matter what class they were in. I have been retired for two years now... yet after reading some of the drivel, name calling, and infantile temper tantrums that seem to permeate this thread..... I think that class is back in session......I always believed that when my students left me and if they remembered only these 3 little ideas and followed them, then I had done an OK job.....

#1 "Knowledge without thought is a trap... as thought without knowledge is a snare." Chiu Kung.... Chinese philosopher

#2 Know the difference between being stupid and being ignorant..... ignorant is when we don't know any better ( it is ok to make a mistake.. just use it as a learning experience).... stupid is when we do know better and yet..........

#3 One must take responsibility for one's ACTIONS and INACTIONS.

CLASS DISMISSED........and I'm back in retirement...'sigh

take care, all

Murph
Old 8 Apr 2001, 02:41 (Ref:78530)   #128
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Well, Murph, unless you can tell me WHO exactly, you are directing this message to, and WHAT exactly you are reffering to when you say " drivel, name calling, and infantile temper tantrums that seem to permeate this thread", then there's not much I can say in return.
Perhaps a clarification of who your post is directed at, would be helpfull.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 04:55 (Ref:78549)   #129
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I read Murph's post, I understand he's directing his message to all of us in general. As to my post in which I was talking about 'calling each other names', I was not referring to 'the both of you.' I was also talking in general.

This time I'm not going to talk about the art of discussing, but I think calling someones opinion 'pointless and incorrect' is not a personal attack, it's what a discussion is all about.
I have no problems with that.
What I do have problems with is the use of the words arrogant, stuck up twit, stubborn, pig headed and f***ing hypocritical.
Words like these do not contribute to the refinement and delicacy of a discussion, but what's more important, our forum rules do not allow this kind of language.
This bulletin board is well known in the internet motorsport society for the friendly and polite manner in which our members treat each other.
We would like to keep it that way.
Although we do like a heated debate, name calling is simply out of order.
We have so far indulged to let this thread evolve, apart from the occasional appeal to calm down.
But the name calling has got to stop. NOW!
Otherwise I will not hesitate in closing this thread!

Your friendly administrator.
Gerard.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 08:44 (Ref:78577)   #130
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gerald...YES finally...what i was thinking

And Duke, please note that i DO NOT have a problem with you, just the way of "name-calling". In fact...i do have a problem with ALL name callings no matter from who, to who, in this very nice forum. =)

And until i can find new arguments or points to argue on this topic, hmm, i shall just keep mum... For i see that no one is going to be convinced by the other and have their opinions changed...and thus, no point for me to post-and repost the same things by myself over and over again.

Old 8 Apr 2001, 09:16 (Ref:78584)   #131
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke

Ok, I agree about EERO. but if you will notice, he later changed his comments so that they were adressed to both me and Quino.
I believe he was referring to the ongoing and repetitious argument.

Quote:
GT_R next.

Well I pointed that out myself, didn't I?
Yes, you did.

Quote:
Followed by Gerard.

You will note that he said "calling EACH OTHER names"

Which means that he was adressing both of us.
You will note that he posted that, Quino has YET to call you any names. Quino's "It's all fine with me, but don't be so fukking hypocritical about it" came after. So I guess that makes it you, though according to him in his post abv, it was addressed in general.

Quote:
Then Tristan.

Oh, come one now, you can't use that as evidence against me!. Tristan was saying how much he EJOYED seeing the heated debate going on between me and Quino. He only said what he said in order to absolve him of any blame(from what I gather)
He said he enjoyed the debate. He also stated that "I just wish to point out that i do not condone verbal bashing of any kind."

Quote:
Wrex was next.

Are you blind?, Wrex said that he AGREED with me, but only that he felt I was repeating myself.
He agreed with your opinion. I guess you missed out on his bracketed message "(the right way)."

Quote:
So that's about 3 people who's comments were directed towards me. So NO, that doesn't constitue "most folks".
Need I say more?
Old 8 Apr 2001, 09:34 (Ref:78587)   #132
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ttc,

A very nice "cut and paste job" however, your intention seems to be to use the words of others to continue an ongoing argument within the thread.

As Gerard has stated in another thread in this Forum, ten-tenths has rules that pertain to the behaviour of it's members. The central rule being not to use the Bulletin Board to attack another member.

If you feel you have ongoing issues that must be addressed with another member of the forum - then do so using the private message option. You can then both "abuse" yourselves to your hearts content! Saving the rest of us.

Regards

Moffat
Old 8 Apr 2001, 09:42 (Ref:78588)   #133
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
ttc,

A very nice "cut and paste job" however, your intention seems to be to use the words of others to continue an ongoing argument within the thread.
I'll take the "very nice cut and paste job" as a compliment...

And it's not my intention to continue the argument.

Not to mention this will be my final post in this thread...
Old 8 Apr 2001, 21:03 (Ref:78712)   #134
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, but Gerard, ttc et al, you must admit this is a CRACKING thread!! Best one ever, infact.

ttc and RD, you are BOTH right. This topic IS classic, but I am also absoving myself of any descent into petty squabbling (what, it already has?? COOL!!)

(BTW, it's RD's turn to come back!)
Old 8 Apr 2001, 22:49 (Ref:78758)   #135
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Sorry, Tristan, I know your having fun. But I'm through with this topic as well. Everybody(including the moderators) has made it painfully clear that I'm not aloud to defend my honour when someone is unreasonable or unfair towards me. So what's the point?.

isn't it funny, though, how I'm the only one who gets picked on for calling people names. If you really want to be consistent with that rule, then I'd suggest you take a good look at some of the other threads to this forum!.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 02:09 (Ref:78796)   #136
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Mr Duke, I think your taking this a bit toooooo seriously.

Everone has different opinions & is entitled to express them in a mature way. I disagree with many posts I read, and usually say so, However I've never called anybody a twit (even when I have thought so )

I don't think the moderators have been unfair, they stated earlier that 'everbody' should calm down a bit. I think your getting lost in the passion of the whole thing (as others are). You say Potatoe, I say ...... you know what I mean

I can argue that Minardi will win both championships this year, and you can tell me why you think they won't, but not call me a name for saying so. (BTW, it would be cool would'nt it )

This would be a terrible forum (and I would never visit it) if everbody shared the same point of view on everything.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 02:13 (Ref:78797)   #137
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Everone has different opinions & is entitled to express them in a mature way. I disagree with many posts I read, and usually say so, However I've never called anybody a twit (even when I have thought so )
I have stated severall times why I called Quino a "twit", and none of the reasons had antying to do with the fact that he was expressing his opinions.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 9 Apr 2001 at 02:14.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 02:26 (Ref:78799)   #138
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It does'nt matter 'WHY' you called him a twit. Or why anyone attacked you. It should happen. Argue about the topic, ie "problems with schumacher", not each other personally.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 19:40 (Ref:79311)   #139
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...true, but what happens when someone IS a twit?? If someone's post is quite blatently arsecheese I think it is right to tell them about it. I think the point is "don't be rude" and thus "twit2 is far less abusive than, say, "****"