Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3881606)   #1476
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not familiar with international time differences then, Max.

The race will no doubt be on a ‘player’ soon. The top ten shootout for pole is worth watching as well.....
Not familiar with sleeping in that long TBH. I planned to catch the last hour but the best laid plans etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Feb 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3881608)   #1477
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Newcastle coming on strong. Beating Cardiff was not so much of a shock, but obviously something must have been up with Man City, maybe Newcastle just shellshocked them. Looks like things could be on the up for NUFC. Although Spurs to be fair are on form, which is not good for an Arsenal fan
Just caught some results down under Poor Newcastle .
Old 3 Feb 2019, 09:41 (Ref:3881612)   #1478
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For those of you looking for an antidote to everything else - and don't have a massive hangover following the magnificent rugby result, Peter - it is the Le Touquet Enduropale today.

Having said that, I'm not sure if it is televised this year, following the demise of Motors TV. I don't have access to Eurosport.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3881614)   #1479
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Try this:https://france3-regions.francetvinfo...9-1616821.html You have either FB page or UTub' too… From 2 to 5 PM.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3881616)   #1480
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I watched Bathurst for free on ‘Motorsport TV’, thinking it was the old Motors TV. These channels do come and go!

I presume the Enduropale is motorbikes racing on the sand?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3881618)   #1481
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bathurst was carried live on Youtube, so watched it on their channel on the TV.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3881619)   #1482
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I presume the Enduropale is motorbikes racing on the sand?
Yes sir! Le Touquet is the kind of place where you can hear English language …A lot of G reged planes parked at the airport too.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3881623)   #1483
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I watched Bathurst for free on ‘Motorsport TV’, thinking it was the old Motors TV.
Watching the last hour rerun on the official site, I missed a great chunk of the race due to attending a Pink Floyd tribute concert in Horsham last night. Great scrap between Jarvis in the Nissan and Mostert in the BMW.
These streams have improved immensely over the last few years, looking forward to some IMSA sports car racing this year.
Hearing now returning after a deluge of Dark Side of the Moon!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3881624)   #1484
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just caught some results down under Poor Newcastle .
😢😢.At least we're not in the relegation zone (for now at least)...

Edit:Left out not.Very important as you can imagine.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3881625)   #1485
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Enough league football reports methinks!

Bathurst- How typical that the live steam freezes at the restart after SC!

Grrr...
Typical.
Watched the first hour but find watching motorsport on tele quite boring,apart from Historics.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3881629)   #1486
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Typical.
Watched the first hour but find watching motorsport on tele quite boring,apart from Historics.
It's an addiction, no remorse here. I find having the ability to watch top flight racing from across the world an absolute boon. Enduros like Bathurst fascinate me from the point of view of strategy calls and the beauty is that unlike F1 you can actually identify the cars.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3881631)   #1487
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I found the first three hours compelling. Not sure I've seen an endurance race run at such pace. In fact I believe the distance record was well and truly smashed this year.

And again no hybrids. At least I didn't hear of any.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3881633)   #1488
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I found the first three hours compelling. Not sure I've seen an endurance race run at such pace. In fact I believe the distance record was well and truly smashed this year.

Turbo wastgate chatter though! Old Skool....

I find it strange that anyone who professes to being enthusiastic about motorsport finds watching awesome cars like those GTs going over the mountain at Bathurst boring, young Will!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3881634)   #1489
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:

No hybrids, no formula milk floats, races like Bathurst are a slugging match with 6 different manufacturers within 30 secs after 11 hours of racing in excessive ambient temperatures and a sinuous, undulating circuit. What's not to like if you're a petrolhead?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3881643)   #1490
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bathurst do it their way with rules and it’s great this event has happened. I think it’s a great way to start the season
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3881644)   #1491
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Turbo wastgate chatter though! Old Skool....

I find it strange that anyone who professes to being enthusiastic about motorsport finds watching awesome cars like those GTs going over the mountain at Bathurst boring, young Will!
I do.I prefer more of a multiclass prototype and GT rather thwn just GT.I have watched a 6hr WEC race some years back.For me you dont get the same excitement buzz as you would being at the event.Many a time has occured when I am say an hour into a race but my parents say to me 'Will do something else,come on'.I do like GT (thats why I started my own GT Cup thread(giving a reason) because I do like them types of series and its one I can get to easily although one round does clash with the Silverstone Classic,nooo.***** heck I have go one...

I do like Blancpain and that but its probably for the Sports and GT sections so I'll leave it at that.👍
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3881646)   #1492
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think this event is great for this type of racing. Being at Bathurst must be the best, although I understand it can take a while to get going. Blancplain is a great series and so is Super GT
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:43 (Ref:3881649)   #1493
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me there were two great sportscar eras. Group C and Group 6. They were proper racing cars. GT1 was a pale substitute. But, for sheer muscle and grunt, the current GTs are the standout vehicles. And all of them can be seen on the roads.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3881653)   #1494
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
For me there were two great sportscar eras. Group C and Group 6. They were proper racing cars. GT1 was a pale substitute. But, for sheer muscle and grunt, the current GTs are the standout vehicles. And all of them can be seen on the roads.
Agreed, but what a superb race from Bathurst, real racing.
Next stop for me: http://southdownsstages.co.uk/compet...oKYyqIeUZVgbnE
Old 3 Feb 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3881678)   #1495
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spot on, "Sherlock" Elwin, your bet on Watson was right! I guess rue Saint Jean's pubs will serve a lot of beer. May be Westminster bar too…
Old 3 Feb 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3881681)   #1496
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Spot on, "Sherlock" Elwin, your bet on Watson was right! I guess rue Saint Jean's pubs will serve a lot of beer. May be Westminster bar too…
Yes, a brilliant Brexit victory!! The first-ever Brit winner.

Fortunately I found the event on a local TV station so watched it all. Ironically, after the weather we have endured for the last of weeks, it has been a beautiful day in Pas de Calais. I think probably the best weather I have ever seen for the Enduro. I'm not a 'bike man but I do find it compelling viewing.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3881685)   #1497
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I you test a bike in the sand you will know what it takes to ride three hours in a row at WOT! Even the last classified competitor has to be congratulated, they all are athletes. They do insist on the respect of nature because the greens almost killed this event at least five times. Fortunately, it brings so much money to the region that an agreement is found year to year. Maintenant que vous êtes un cht'iot pépère et même un biloute you just have to ask Michèle what means the words "poireau" and "jardiner" in Dakar or enduro terms! PS: Its not related to the garden…
Old 3 Feb 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3881687)   #1498
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In "good" French, to ride Wot is said "rouler Ã* toc" because toc is the sound produced by the carb' throttle slide … OK, ok, stop with those things and back to soccer!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3881692)   #1499
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I you test a bike in the sand you will know what it takes to ride three hours in a row at WOT! Even the last classified competitor has to be congratulated, they all are athletes. They do insist on the respect of nature because the greens almost killed this event at least five times. Fortunately, it brings so much money to the region that an agreement is found year to year. Maintenant que vous êtes un cht'iot pépère et même un biloute you just have to ask Michèle what means the words "poireau" and "jardiner" in Dakar or enduro terms! PS: Its not related to the garden…
You're absolutely right, every single one of them deserves respect - well, maybe not the guy who fell off before he got to the start!

It has to be one of the biggest events of the year of any sort in Northern France & certainly a boost to the Le Touquet economy. It's a shame it no longer goes into the dunes but I kind of understand that & at least the event still exists.

Soccer? That's for children. Now rugby,,,, did you see England slaughter Ireland last night?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3881697)   #1500
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Soccer? That's for children. Now rugby,,,, did you see England slaughter Ireland last night?
You’re being very diplomatic- not mentioning the Wales win the other day....