Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jan 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3490018)   #1526
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
whats the benefit?
To p..s you off twice as much
Old 5 Jan 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3490024)   #1527
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
To p..s you off twice as much

surely there is a better answer though

Last edited by peckstar; 5 Jan 2015 at 10:22.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3490025)   #1528
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to decide on that one. I love the 12 hour as it is but a 24 hour would be awesome. As long as the event maintains the current levels of growth and interest each year, I say go for it.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3490031)   #1529
willxr50
Rookie

Australia
Parramatta
willxr50 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
nothing like drinking beer with a few germans who u never met ay! off topic i know did u see how awsome there camp sites are!! haha scaffolding business would be doing good...
Yes i camped with some crazy Belgiums at adenauer forst. 4 storey scaffolds whole pig on a spit inside an old opel abover ground swimming pools, ac/dc concert speakers around the clock. I walked from Brunchen to the Karrusel and back and stopped by the aussie campsite and had a chat. I wish nurburgring rules were applied at bathurst. If you can build it then its allowed.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3490034)   #1530
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Speedcafe polling as to whether the B12 should be the B24...
I prefer 12hr.........but I'd go for whatever is best for the event to grow.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3490037)   #1531
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah interesting poll by Speedcafe.

I think we would all love a domestic 24 Hour race.

That said the growth of the 12 Hour race which its history has really been amazing and seems like a really good fit for Australian and International motorsport.

A 24 Hour race brings with it questions about sustainability - for me atleast for the next 5 -10 years, its not worth risking the current 12 Hour for the sake of a 24 hour race.
Old 5 Jan 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3490044)   #1532
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

Quote:
Unfortunately Gimmi Bruni won't be joining Clearwater, but still a great line up

with Vilander & Griffin joining Weng.

Bruni in the other AF Corse car possibly? Even with Vilander and Griffin that's still a very strong lineup. Hoping Clearwater have a better run this year.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3490222)   #1533
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite interesting given the chicken littles saying going gt3 would kill the race...
Old 6 Jan 2015, 04:40 (Ref:3490256)   #1534
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steven Johnson eying Australian GT and V8 enduros

Oz Racing V8 SupercarsJanuary 6, 2015

STEVEN JOHNSON is not letting the changes at Dick Johnson Racing weigh him down and is working hard on securing a prime endurance seat in V8 Supercars – and for the Bathurst 12 Hour.
While the rest of the DJR Team Penske squad will be required for the Sydney Motorsport Park test day, Johnson has thrown his hat into the ring in search of a GT drive in the around-the-clock event.
And he wants to be in the 2015 V8 endurance races, even if it’s not in a Ford.
“In terms of different cars, to be able to work with another team that was totally different to having any family connection, that was a good experience and it was probably good for the perception of what I can do in the V8 Supercar community as well,” he told AA.
“One of the priorities is to get into one of the better endurance seats and to have a good chance of winning races.
“To be able to work with new guys and new engineers [at Erebus] was great. I have known Ross Stone for a long time and it was great to work with him. Also, to have a new car, as it was then, and to maybe help to develop that with the team and help wherever I could, with set-up and pass on where I thought that it was lacking at the time. It was a good package but it needed a little refinement. It had a good engine, good power but it didn’t get there fast enough, it was down on mid-range.
Johnson is entering veteran territory but is not downbeat about no longer being a full-time V8 driver.
“I am focused on getting a full-time seat in Australian GT and possibly doing some racing overseas. Certainly I would rather do that than watch a line of V8 Supercars on track while I am standing there wearing a set of headphones.”
The Bathurst 12 Hour is another event he would like to be involved with, having tasted success there before in class entries, usually Porsches.
“I have been there a few times, in class cars, as had some success there. With the difficulty between the dates of the 12 Hour and the V8 Supercar test, hopefully that could open up a few good seats with teams that are looking for a seeded driver who has done a few laps around there. I would hope to be in contention to get into an outright car and that is something I am looking for. I would like to be involved in the increasing profile of the race, and that could lead to more opportunities in similar events overseas as well.”
Phil Branagan
Old 6 Jan 2015, 06:03 (Ref:3490260)   #1535
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12hrs is attracting the interest and things are humming along alright as it is for the event, i don't see why you would play with the race length at this time.

Has there been any word on the Channel 7 telecast?

Is it just going to be what we've had the last few years, filmed by one lot (AVE?), with a different channel just playing the pictures this time (and the same commentary heard trackside, on TV and on RLM), or will it be more of a 'Channel 7 production' ?
Old 6 Jan 2015, 06:13 (Ref:3490263)   #1536
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You would think guys like Steven Johnson, Paul Dumbrell and Russell Ingall would be at the top of the list for the remaining drives such as M -Sport, Quinn's, AF Corse, Nissan, Swirks Audi
Old 6 Jan 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3490276)   #1537
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yeah interesting poll by Speedcafe.

I think we would all love a domestic 24 Hour race.

That said the growth of the 12 Hour race which its history has really been amazing and seems like a really good fit for Australian and International motorsport.

A 24 Hour race brings with it questions about sustainability - for me atleast for the next 5 -10 years, its not worth risking the current 12 Hour for the sake of a 24 hour race.
+1

I think speedcafe were having a quiet day and wanted to drum up some interest.

The race as it is atm is sustainable and gaining a huge following. It has gained a complete live broadcast on tv and is an easy event to attend for the entire day. Its long enough that its a real challenge while still allowing multiple cars to finish on the lead lap, in recent years with duels to the finish. I don't think this is a formula we really need to mess with.

Also don't forget that Ross Palmer basically went broke trying to sustain the 24hr races.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3490280)   #1538
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
12hrs is attracting the interest and things are humming along alright as it is for the event, i don't see why you would play with the race length at this time.

Has there been any word on the Channel 7 telecast?

Is it just going to be what we've had the last few years, filmed by one lot (AVE?), with a different channel just playing the pictures this time (and the same commentary heard trackside, on TV and on RLM), or will it be more of a 'Channel 7 production' ?
Live on Ch73:

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/news-sevennetwork
Old 6 Jan 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3490284)   #1539
D.R.T.
Veteran

Looking at that press release again, the 5.55am start makes me wish they went for more a 5.45am start. 5 mins from race finish to get the cars in parc ferme and then do a meaningful podium ceremony doesnt seem achievable for me.

Too late for a slight alternation to the supp regs - that is unless they are happy to delay the news for say 10mins
Old 6 Jan 2015, 09:32 (Ref:3490287)   #1540
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
updated entry list, HTP is off it...
Old 6 Jan 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3490292)   #1541
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
still 30 cars there though, wonder what has replaced it
appears to be an audi (maybe a 2nd Steve McLaughlin?)

Last edited by peckstar; 6 Jan 2015 at 10:02.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3490378)   #1542
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Understandable as to the reason for their withdrawal, however a little confusing with Primat tweeting only a couple of days ago that he would be driving for them in this 12hr ?
Primat would be a good pick up for someone else ?
Old 6 Jan 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3490392)   #1543
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Understandable as to the reason for their withdrawal, however a little confusing with Primat tweeting only a couple of days ago that he would be driving for them in this 12hr ?
maybe HTP is using one of the M-sport's bentleys ???
Old 6 Jan 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3490393)   #1544
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Looking at that press release again, the 5.55am start makes me wish they went for more a 5.45am start. 5 mins from race finish to get the cars in parc ferme and then do a meaningful podium ceremony doesnt seem achievable for me.
That press release is several months old. Looks like the start time has been changed again since then as the website shows it as 5:50am

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/eve...o/race-program
Old 6 Jan 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3490397)   #1545
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

Quote:

A big shame about HTP being off the entrylist. I was hoping I would see one of their guys set off the fire extinguisher in their pit garage after the race again . Well if they don't appear as one of the M Sport Bentleys then it's sad to lose such a strong contender but as you said it's understandable that they'd withdraw. As for Primat maybe we might see him in one of the Bentleys?
Old 6 Jan 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3490404)   #1546
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I did some searching but didn't find anything. I seem to remember in years past that the race was streamed live on some website somewhere. Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction for a legal, stable stream.

I'm trying to do my part by hosting a Bathurst 12 Hour viewing party. Planning to have at least 5-6 people who have never watched the race before. Along those lines, if you guys care to give me any tips on classic Australian dishes that I can serve at my party please let me know.

Maybe next year I'll join you guys and see the mountain in person.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3490442)   #1547
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I did some searching but didn't find anything. I seem to remember in years past that the race was streamed live on some website somewhere. Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction for a legal, stable stream.

I'm trying to do my part by hosting a Bathurst 12 Hour viewing party. Planning to have at least 5-6 people who have never watched the race before. Along those lines, if you guys care to give me any tips on classic Australian dishes that I can serve at my party please let me know.

will be live from the 12 hour web site, last year speedcafe also carried the footage as did a few other websites.

Traditionally Bathurst parties include a BBQ, maybe bacon and eggs for breakfast and whatever you like for lunch. Would also include a level of drinking,(no glass ) but that not is not compulsory
Old 6 Jan 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3490444)   #1548
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

Sounds like fun mate! The livestream will be on the official bathurst12hour.com.au website again this year.

Unfortunately for me, the small amount of my friends into motorsport are one eyed V8Supercar fans, so I'll be viewing on my own. At least with social media and forums like this, I can still talk to you chaps during the race.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3490470)   #1549
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Thanks guys. Unless I missed it somewhere they should make it more obvious right there on the home page that the race will be available to view from there.

At least no one recommended Fosters. Please tell me that there is better beer down under than that stuff!
Old 6 Jan 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3490471)   #1550
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would that be due to them changing manufacturer last minute??? or something along those lines...