Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Feb 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4195591)   #1526
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm honestly struggling with options for WSR bar George Gamble but Autosport are saying he's got GTs lined up too. There's not many other very very well backed drivers out there that could afford a WSR seat and could also be up there with Jake and Colin on pace (I expect a lot more from Morgan too)

Unless they're going to go for a complete wildcard from another series and look to develop someone.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 17:04 (Ref:4195598)   #1527
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
Seems likely, but I'm just thinking about options remaining for the 4th WSR seat.
Andy Neate?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 18:30 (Ref:4195604)   #1528
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
I'm honestly struggling with options for WSR bar George Gamble but Autosport are saying he's got GTs lined up too. There's not many other very very well backed drivers out there that could afford a WSR seat and could also be up there with Jake and Colin on pace (I expect a lot more from Morgan too)

Unless they're going to go for a complete wildcard from another series and look to develop someone.
Adam Smalley was one of the 4 rumoured to be in the running for alongside those now ruled out (Watson, Collard & potentially Gamble too).
Old 7 Feb 2024, 18:36 (Ref:4195607)   #1529
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Adam Smalley was one of the 4 rumoured to be in the running for alongside those now ruled out (Watson, Collard & potentially Gamble too).
Would like to see Adam smalley in the car
Old 7 Feb 2024, 18:48 (Ref:4195608)   #1530
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Now that I could really get behind as an idea! I always thought Harry King had the driving style and ability to be a success in the BTCC but he obviously went to Supercup before that could happen, Smalley looked a tremendous talent last season. Would be cool to have the Duckhams colours back on the grid too.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 19:56 (Ref:4195614)   #1531
Ant25
Racer

Do you think any teams will save there Announcements till
Launch day or be any surprises?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 20:08 (Ref:4195616)   #1532
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One are out apparently. Anyone see Gilham's comment on one of the BTCC Facebook posts about 'working hard to keep the band together'?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 20:18 (Ref:4195617)   #1533
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
One are out apparently. Anyone see Gilham's comment on one of the BTCC Facebook posts about 'working hard to keep the band together'?
Has Warren Scott bailed him out again?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 20:53 (Ref:4195623)   #1534
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I’ve seen a lot of people saying one motorsports ain’t in it! But if they wasn’t surly they would have announced that by now?? Plus they have tbls so they must be still in it!
Old 7 Feb 2024, 20:56 (Ref:4195624)   #1535
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
I’ve seen a lot of people saying one motorsports ain’t in it! But if they wasn’t surly they would have announced that by now?? Plus they have tbls so they must be still in it!
Like Team Dynamics? You seem to post a lot of assertions where the number of exclamation marks outweigh the knowledge behind it.

Radio silence all winter, key driver just jumped ship to Speedworks, very old cars, the writings on the wall.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 21:05 (Ref:4195626)   #1536
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Dynamics didn't announce their withdrawal in 2023 until the first week in April, a week prior top the media day. Still plenty of time for One to continue to work on putting something together. Not saying they aren't going away, but still too early to announce they are throwing the towel in.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 21:06 (Ref:4195627)   #1537
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Like Team Dynamics? You seem to post a lot of assertions where the number of exclamation marks outweigh the knowledge behind it.

Radio silence all winter, key driver just jumped ship to Speedworks, very old cars, the writings on the wall.
If they knew they wasn’t going to take part this season surly they would have said something by now?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 21:18 (Ref:4195630)   #1538
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If they knew they wasn’t going to take part this season surly they would have said something by now?
Hard didn't say anything did they?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4195631)   #1539
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Team Dynamics didn't announce their withdrawal until April 2023.
Eurotech announced their reduced entry in March 2016.

There is plenty of time for things to change or be confirmed (either way).
Old 7 Feb 2024, 21:42 (Ref:4195632)   #1540
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So we’re potentially looking at a 21 car grid then - 4x NAPA, 4x Excerl8, 4x Speedworks, 4x WSR, 3x PMR, 2x Restart? +6 TBLs going unused, as seems to be the case?
Old 7 Feb 2024, 22:14 (Ref:4195633)   #1541
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So we’re potentially looking at a 21 car grid then - 4x NAPA, 4x Excerl8, 4x Speedworks, 4x WSR, 3x PMR, 2x Restart? +6 TBLs going unused, as seems to be the case?
This is the way I see it too. Sadly and ironically it’s the Indy teams that are dropping by the wayside , even though they have always managed to survive before on lesser budgets . Perhaps those who have jumped ship for other formulas could have funded a car on this basis but it appears the drivers only want to drive for the big teams and perhaps the others have overstretched their resources by seeking to match those with more wealth .
Perhaps it’s time to think of a supplementary cheaper class to run alongside but if the drivers are not interested it would be a waste of time .
Old 7 Feb 2024, 22:39 (Ref:4195635)   #1542
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Yeah that's my current assumption too. Unless anyone has any surprises up their sleeves but I think by now any new team there would have been rumblings on here or in Autosport.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 07:44 (Ref:4195672)   #1543
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Watson has been able to step up to Speedworks. I'm sure he will have plenty of chances to show his talent. And has a talented driver in Cookie to learn from
Old 8 Feb 2024, 07:50 (Ref:4195674)   #1544
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having just heard the Weaver interview - he mentions that he regularly has no confirmed seats into February. If that happens at PMR, then the same will be true at other teams.

It is only February 8th - Drivers Registration doesn't close until March 15th.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4195688)   #1545
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Lowest entry then for at least a decade it would seem…?
Old 8 Feb 2024, 10:27 (Ref:4195692)   #1546
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Lowest entry then for at least a decade it would seem…?
If the eventual figure drops below 25 it might be.
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg  
Old 8 Feb 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4195693)   #1547
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lowest entry since 2006 I believe, although arguably one of the highest quality grids the championship has seen. 20/21 cars likely.

Things will need to change to improve the number of entries for 2025. The bigger concern is the lack of teams. Losing one team and potentially losing 20% of the grid is not a great place for any championship to be.

Still think we are in for a hugely competitive year, and hopefully a hugely entertaining one. But some food for thought as to how new entries can be encouraged moving forward.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 12:31 (Ref:4195712)   #1548
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's wait and see but as said, the grid that's shaping up for now seems very strong in terms of quality but disappointing in terms of quantity. Of course I'd rather see a smaller but high-quality grid than otherwise but it's quite worrying. And if indeed we'll have 20-21 cars this will seem a really small grid after years of having around 30 cars. As we know the times are tough so even a 20-21 car grid in 2024 doesn't mean we don't go below 20 in 2025. And that would be alarming. But let's not go ahead so much for now, the 2024 grid is not yet officially set. I still believe that the numbers will go up a bit although fail to see who can make up those numbers.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 12:32 (Ref:4195713)   #1549
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hard didn't say anything did they?
HARD didn't even tell the staff...
Old 8 Feb 2024, 12:39 (Ref:4195715)   #1550
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Losing one team and potentially losing 20% of the grid is not a great place for any championship to be.
But that's not really the way it works. There will not be a team on the grid with more than two cars in 2024 where a single factor could sideline all their entries (from a commercial point of view - there can always be technical anomalies such as that suffered by the Subaru's at Thruxton a few years ago).