Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 22 Nov 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3335230)   #1626
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Great news for him, glad he was able to move on from FR3.5!

I can't read the piece for some reason, does it say anything about Vautier losing his seat? I can't imagine that Pagenaud would be the one to make way, or are they expanding to three cars?
Pagenaud's staying, Aleshin must have brought some money with him.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3335234)   #1627
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post

I can't read the piece for some reason, does it say anything about Vautier losing his seat? I can't imagine that Pagenaud would be the one to make way, or are they expanding to three cars?
Doesn't say anything about Vautier other than that he drove their other car in 2013. Schmidt praises his maturity and says he feels his driving style is similar to Pagenaud's and he will be able to contribute right away.

I'd never heard of him but he sounds like a credible shoe. I hadn't realized the extent of the possible carnage of drivers without rides until they were listed above.. and the addition of this young man just adds to the list of spots where the rest of them won't be racing(!).

EDIT - it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Beatriz and Saavedra disappeared (again, in Saavedra's case) from the series. Would be bummed about Tagliani and Servia, and very disappointed if Simona can't put something together. The others... not emotionally invested in any of them although it would be nice to see Daly get a seat, and Filippi certainly has looked promising.

Last edited by rwintle; 22 Nov 2013 at 15:24. Reason: More opinionated guff
Old 22 Nov 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3335277)   #1628
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Beatriz is sniffing around 8Star for a DP ride under a different name (something seems fishy there?) so I would think so won't be back in Indycar, perhaps losing the Brazil race cost her the funding she had?
Old 22 Nov 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3335314)   #1629
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Beatriz is sniffing around 8Star for a DP ride under a different name (something seems fishy there?) so I would think so won't be back in Indycar, perhaps losing the Brazil race cost her the funding she had?
Bia Figueiredo by any chance?
her full name is Ana Beatriz "Bia" Caselato Gomes de Figueiredo and she raced first as Bia Figueiredo I believe, then switched to Ana Beatriz when she went to the States.
Nothing fishy, just foreign names
Old 22 Nov 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3335366)   #1630
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that. Was thinking maybe the source of her funding was less than honourable. It is sad to think like that but with all the shady money in racing lately it is hard not to.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3335374)   #1631
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Thanks for that. Was thinking maybe the source of her funding was less than honourable. It is sad to think like that but with all the shady money in racing lately it is hard not to.
I think she used the Ana Beatriz name for marketing reasons in the states. Easier to pronounce.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3336149)   #1632
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An interesting interview with Montoya on his return to AOWR, on the home page of the IndyCar website. Some footage of him driving in the CART era. Shame those cars have gone.

http://www.indycar.com/
Old 25 Nov 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3336505)   #1633
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's hoping we'll at least see Bia Figueiredo at the Indy 500. She has always been competent on ovals.

Aleshin who? Looks like Sam Schmidt Motorsports is having a go at the Rookie Of the Year trophy again. But will the new guy score better results than Vautier? That remains to be seen. To be honest, I'd rather have had Vautier back. We'll see if he can get the 3rd Schmidt entry for the Indy 500 - of there is one.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3336636)   #1634
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya testing at Sebring.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...YCAR/131129888
Old 25 Nov 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3336656)   #1635
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Do we know what sponsorship his livery have yet?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3336782)   #1636
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say, even though I wasn't 100% happy he left NASCAR, it is a really nice feeling actually seeing Juan back in an open-wheeler. Almost brings a tear to the eye!
Old 26 Nov 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3336790)   #1637
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I like the way Penske is receptive to putting him back into a NASCAR for a race or two. It's kind of statement of defiance that he hasn't been beaten by that series and Penske field better cars there than Earnhardt Ganassi would be capable of.

I hope this tax controversy doesn't bite him in the backside though.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3336964)   #1638
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I'd really like to know what he thinks of the DW12 compared to a Reynard 99i or Lola B2K/00.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3337149)   #1639
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'd really like to know what he thinks of the DW12 compared to a Reynard 99i or Lola B2K/00.
Exactly my thoughts! But also comparing it to the last F1 cars he drove (Mclaren MP4-20/MP4-21)!
Old 26 Nov 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3337209)   #1640
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Franchitti, Castroneves, Kanaan and Dixon would all be able to tell you that.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3337716)   #1641
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Franchitti, Castroneves, Kanaan and Dixon would all be able to tell you that.
He's been out of the loop longer, so it would be interesting from that perspective.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3339224)   #1642
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Franchitti looking for Ganassi team role.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111696
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3339354)   #1643
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else reckon Fabio Leimer could get an Indycar seat?
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3339395)   #1644
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I don’t think going to IndyCar would do much to help Leimer’s career until it becomes clear that he doesn’t have a chance to break into F1. Could he get an Indycar seat? Maybe, depending upon how much money he brings along. Most of the better seats are already spoken for and a number of drivers with Indycar experience are currently on the street looking for rides for next year.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3339606)   #1645
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Would be interesting to see Leimer against Bird in the Ganassi shoot-out for the n10 car! Mix it with di Resta and why not the current Indylights champ Sage Karam and you have a super mediatic build-up that could even help boost the series a bit!
Old 3 Dec 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3339627)   #1646
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Any one of the front half of the GP2/WSR grid could do alright in IndyCar. They could even get a lucky win on say a street-course due to the random nature of the yellows. They are all competent.

But what would a Leimer/Bird/(Aleshin) bring to the series (other than $$$)? Not alot.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3339639)   #1647
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Conway signs for all road courses with Ed Carpenter racing. He also signs as a Toyota LMP1 test and reserve driver.

http://sportscar365.com/wec/mike-con...eserve-driver/

It is nice to see talents like him in IndyCar, but I personally hope he eventually becomes a full-time LMP1 driver. He can do well on IndyCar road and street courses, but he is never going to win the top prizes or championships since he is not racing on the ovals.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3339669)   #1648
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I don’t think going to IndyCar would do much to help Leimer’s career until it becomes clear that he doesn’t have a chance to break into F1. Could he get an Indycar seat? Maybe, depending upon how much money he brings along. Most of the better seats are already spoken for and a number of drivers with Indycar experience are currently on the street looking for rides for next year.
Leimer has no chance for a F1 seat.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3339696)   #1649
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Any one of the front half of the GP2/WSR grid could do alright in IndyCar. They could even get a lucky win on say a street-course due to the random nature of the yellows. They are all competent.

But what would a Leimer/Bird/(Aleshin) bring to the series (other than $$$)? Not alot.
The fact that you put Bird or Leimer next to Aleshin indicates a certain lack of discernment or awareness of the drivers we are talking about. Aleshin will never bring anything else than $$. Same as Jakes, Saavedra or Viso for example.

With the other two, you will push the limits further at the front very quickly. With Bird, you have a very articulate racer who can represent/endorse any brands professionally while rebuilding the potential interest in Europe.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3339707)   #1650
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
You are too weird.

Or you are Sam Bird.

Either way, it's creeping me out.