Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Mar 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4146190)   #1651
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords?Civic????Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1One Motorsport?Civic???’One’ Reported as looking to expand to four Civics ???
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborneConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus ST RowbottomConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra LeónButelConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4Team BMWBMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall Astra Taylor-SmithConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Ex-HARDPMRVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic FK8MoffatConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-2 Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-3One MotorsportCivic FK8???Reported as looking to expand to four Civics???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
?????????Hand?Previously confirmed as multi-year at PMR in press release Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.

For clarity - I have entered Doble against an unknown TBL source. We know it was in the hands of HARD., but as far as I can tell this could either be an ex-Moffat or Ex-Boardley TBL.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 10:50 (Ref:4146191)   #1652
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is he the son of Mike Doble who did the Seat Cupra Championship?
Old 7 Mar 2023, 10:52 (Ref:4146192)   #1653
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Is he the son of Mike Doble who did the Seat Cupra Championship?
Autosport says yes!
Old 7 Mar 2023, 10:54 (Ref:4146193)   #1654
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For clarity - I have entered Doble against an unknown TBL source. We know it was in the hands of HARD., but as far as I can tell this could either be an ex-Moffat or Ex-Boardley TBL.
One of the articles (can’t remember which) state it was Hard’s own TBL, so they have 3 + the Boardley one this year.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4146194)   #1655
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to admit it's right. That Compact Cup can leave panels strewn in gravel traps when it gets going. I said to the wife the first time saw it that I thought it was like a club BTCC series!

Must admit I usually doze off/get ripped off for an ice cream during the GT5 races at BTCC/BGT, so wouldn't know if it's relevant.

https://motorracinguk.com/2023/03/07...e-champ-doble/
Old 7 Mar 2023, 11:24 (Ref:4146195)   #1656
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of a surprise announcement. As Evantra has said, it is a huge step-up but to win 2 competitive championships in one year is very impressive - Ginetta GT5 Challenge, and the BMW Compact Cup.

In terms of completely-new-to-BTCC names this season we've definitely got some unexpected ones! Who predicted Andrew Watson, Ronan Pearson, and Mikey Doble to make the step-up to BTCC this season?
Old 7 Mar 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4146196)   #1657
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
One of the articles (can’t remember which) state it was Hard’s own TBL, so they have 3 + the Boardley one this year.
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...cing/10440759/
Quote:
PMR has been able to increase its team by acquiring a TBL entrants’ licence from Team Hard, meaning that squad is now relying on the three it retains as well as one owned by its ex-driver Carl Boardley.
Implies that four TBL, which I think is a misprint. Should be the two they already owned plus one from Hard/Boardley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the general consensus is that it's the ex-Boardley TBL
Old 7 Mar 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4146198)   #1658
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Implies that four TBL, which I think is a misprint. Should be the two they already owned plus one from Hard/Boardley.
The grammar is not great in that Autosport article but I think the intention was to say that "Team HARD is now relying on the three it retains as well as one owned by its ex-driver Carl Boardley" which makes a lot more sense.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4146201)   #1659
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Have to read it. I don’t think HARD need anymore entries
Old 7 Mar 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4146208)   #1660
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
The grammar is not great in that Autosport article but I think the intention was to say that "Team HARD is now relying on the three it retains as well as one owned by its ex-driver Carl Boardley" which makes a lot more sense.
That would make more sense
Old 7 Mar 2023, 13:38 (Ref:4146213)   #1661
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well Adam Weaver was a director of Hard in the past, maybe it was an option he took up?
Old 7 Mar 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4146225)   #1662
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Done very well in the Ginettas (GT5) but the BTCC is a huge step up from there, maybe too big a jump, will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Has come from the same championship I race in. We've also produced another ex compact cup champion into the BTCC as well... James Gornall.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 16:42 (Ref:4146227)   #1663
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Has come from the same championship I race in. We've also produced another ex compact cup champion into the BTCC as well... James Gornall.
He didn't crash much - ask Andy Neate!
Old 7 Mar 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4146235)   #1664
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
So your turn next year then?

Incidentally hope Gornall is back this year too, though not convinced it’s going to happen sadly.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4146240)   #1665
Rialdeal
Rookie

Rialdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Incidentally hope Gornall is back this year too, though not convinced it’s going to happen sadly.
I’d be really pleased if Gornall could find his way back on the btcc grid.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4146241)   #1666
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not a hope on hell for me. I build my own cars, run them and totally self fund my racing. Only sponsorship I have is a mate who runs a bodyshop that does any shell repairs with me helping for his name on the car
Old 7 Mar 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4146248)   #1667
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/10006348739...sEthciFKh3N1l/

Whats this then bordley coming back to the btcc
Old 7 Mar 2023, 23:00 (Ref:4146251)   #1668
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
https://www.facebook.com/10006348739...sEthciFKh3N1l/

Whats this then bordley coming back to the btcc
That's not a BTCC wheel, maybe a return to ovals?
Old 8 Mar 2023, 06:31 (Ref:4146268)   #1669
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
maybe a return to ovals?
If it's a return to ovals, it doesn't appear to be a National Got Rod - they use a Hoosier control tyre.
Old 8 Mar 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4146269)   #1670
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea, it was late when I commented looks like a TCR wheel
Old 8 Mar 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4146271)   #1671
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Putting 2+2 together - 15th January, Boardley: "Quick visit to @autosport_international today to see what’s occurring, have to say impressed with the @tcr_uk_series cars ?"
Old 8 Mar 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4146273)   #1672
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seen nothing to indicate Boardley racing in the BTCC. He's a decent driver, but he's probably found another series. Interesting he's choosing TCR UK, but if it's true that is
Old 8 Mar 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4146277)   #1673
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would say that is a Cupra Leon Competition TCR wheel (ie current gen)
Old 8 Mar 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4146288)   #1674
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato, then. What's the goss? Dynamics?
Old 8 Mar 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4146294)   #1675
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Plato, then. What's the goss? Dynamics?
Rumours are hes been seen at dynamics. Dynamics usually have announced something by now. Plato likes to leave his announcements till late so could be a coincidence