Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 2007, 17:37 (Ref:2007786)   #1651
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
GT_R
I have NO problem with the 'red team' being sponsored by a cigarette company,,,
That line of thought didn't even cross my mind....
I was staggered when I saw what meaning you had taken out of the post.
I actually think it is immoral of governments to ban the advertising of a legal product they earn millions a year off in tax revenue....
Old 9 Sep 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2007788)   #1652
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah yes,

Wouldn't it be great for the holier than thou to suddenly find themselve not so holy.

The point is these are businesmen and they will do things that are perhaps not totally ethical. However to call their ethics into question you do need to be whiter than white yourselves and for me Ferrari's hands are sooooo dirty it is unreal.

And as we all know, the biter will most definitely be bit.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2007789)   #1653
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, we have established that tobacco is not the topic of the thread.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 18:59 (Ref:2007833)   #1654
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I thought it was a great show of team unity after the race when the whole team gathered outside the pit garage, and maybe an "up yours" to Ferrari and the FIA

Ron looked very humbled by, what i took, to be his teams support of him.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 19:01 (Ref:2007836)   #1655
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes sir...
Old 9 Sep 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2007882)   #1656
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
So could someone please explain to me how Ferrari is being "detrimental to the sport" by pursuing this with Stepney? Further, the request for info went from Max to all the teams, not from Ferrari to all the teams and the email between PDLR and FA was a Mc thing.

I am getting the feeling here, that despite all this faux "fair play" thing folks bang on about there are some fair few still predisposed to blame Ferrari for the trouble Mc is now in. I guess if someone steals 780 pages of tech info, gives it to a member of another team with multiple people on the other team seeing it then obviously the FIA should punish the team the information was stolen from as they should have kept their secrets better.

As far as the Red Bull/STR thing or the Toyota folks, in neither case are the teams any threat to win the WCC. While the FIA perhaps allowed local authorities (in Toyota's case) to deal with the theft from Ferrari (should Ferrari be punished for this as well?), they may have made the decision that F1 fans suffer enough watching the STRs wobble about out there challenging for 16th or 17th on the grid.

But yes, all very sporting, Ron can't be blamed because a number of his management people saw the info (but didn't study it - sure!) as you can't hold a corporation responsible for the behaviour of it's employees! Why just ask the folks in Bhopal, India what they think of that. Why it was just some bad decisions on the part of individuals...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 20:51 (Ref:2007929)   #1657
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sense of perspective?

Are you actually comparing Ron's running of McLaren to a disaster that caused the loss of thousands of lives? And do you actually expect people to take your post seriously after doing so?

It is clear why people think Ferrari are not doing the sport any favours; they are banging on about it all the time, sticking the ore in and not just letting the FIA get on with it. (In this post) I'm not saying that they shouldn't be doing what they are doing, just that your first question seems odd, as it is clear that others have said why they believe Ferrari are being detrimental to the sport! Others aren't referring to just the pursuing of Stepney.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Sep 2007 at 20:54. Reason: lack of title
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:05 (Ref:2007948)   #1658
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
F1 teams behave in a tremendously selfish, and often short-sighted, manner. It is what they do.

I expect nothing less/more.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:12 (Ref:2007952)   #1659
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ferrari have every legal right to pursue Stepney if there is substance to the allegations. They have a legal right to pursue the connection between Stepney and Coughlan through legal avenues.

Pursuing McLaren through the media, (mainly Italian media), may be construed as bringing the sport into disrepute, particularly if the substance of the dossier has not been determined and if in fact the case turns out to be something less than what it has been trumped up to be.

If Ferrari blink or stumble over any part of this matter the boot may be on the other foot, providing of course the FIA is able to discern a degree of even handedness in their decision making processs.
It's all up for grabs in Paris. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Teretonga; 9 Sep 2007 at 21:16.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:18 (Ref:2007958)   #1660
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
They are poor losers...Let's face it!
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:21 (Ref:2007960)   #1661
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
They are poor losers...Let's face it!
ruh oh...before the bombardment starts....

Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:26 (Ref:2007965)   #1662
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is fair to say that we must wait and see what this new evidence is before playing the blame game. If it proves beyond doubt that Mclaren used Ferrari data to further their car then sure punish the cheats. However people should be able to understand our pessimism at the timing of this revelation. It isn't the first time something political came up at Monza while Ferrari are locked in a championship battle. Also the shenanigans with the police was ludicrous. Why not wait till after qualifying. Why wait to exactly an hour before qualifying to serve these notices. To me they felt like a tactic to distract the team. All i can say is this new piece of evidence better be good or Ferrari and the FIA will lose all credibility, if they have any left that is.

Last edited by ralf fan; 9 Sep 2007 at 21:28.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:33 (Ref:2007968)   #1663
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Well I agree we need to wait and see, but Ferrari are asking for a major cans of worms to be unleashed. I hope that they can take the heat..
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:44 (Ref:2007974)   #1664
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to lighten the mood a little:
McLaren may lose their constructor’s points (probable)

I know how much you guys like numbers, so:
If McLaren lose the driver’s points as well (possible) and all driver’s points are readjusted for the season (unlikely). This would be the top 4:

Kimi 92
Felipe 85
Nick 73
Robert 51
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2007981)   #1665
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Go Nick!
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:56 (Ref:2007990)   #1666
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
There you go Adam!
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:10 (Ref:2008001)   #1667
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The drivers can't lose their points, it's unfair to say the least.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:19 (Ref:2008015)   #1668
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
And you know Bon..I don't think for one minute they will, that would be terribly unfair...
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:34 (Ref:2008032)   #1669
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog

If McLaren lose the driver’s points as well (possible) and all driver’s points are readjusted for the season (unlikely).
As you say, it's unlikely, but i'd just like to point out, when Michael had his points stripped after 1997, the other drivers didn't have their points readjusted.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:53 (Ref:2008042)   #1670
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
As you say, it's unlikely, but i'd just like to point out, when Michael had his points stripped after 1997, the other drivers didn't have their points readjusted.
Exactly, they'll keep the results only taking out the drivers punished...

That would be awful.

I don't think Massa or Kimi would like to "win" a WDC that way.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:57 (Ref:2008046)   #1671
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
And you know Bon..I don't think for one minute they will, that would be terribly unfair...
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there.

There's talk of Ron opening some sort of 'Pandora's box'.I can see Heidfeld running away with this championship.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:59 (Ref:2008049)   #1672
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi

I don't think Massa or Kimi would like to "win" a WDC that way.
Championships have been one in worse circumstances than that.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:01 (Ref:2008053)   #1673
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
There's talk of Ron opening some sort of 'Pandora's box'.I can see Heidfeld running away with this championship.
What what I said a couple of pages ago.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:04 (Ref:2008055)   #1674
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I can see Heidfeld running away with this championship.
I hope so, I put a small wager on him to win the WDC (just because the odds were good)
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:28 (Ref:2008073)   #1675
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
I hope so, I put a small wager on him to win the WDC (just because the odds were good)
You may have to share that with Knowlesy.
Closed Thread