Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 May 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2699460)   #1701
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree they will be there in 2011 and this is the easiest/cheapest performance development potential they have is to get the regulations changed again.

Old saying still holds true, "how fast do you want to go, how much money do you want to spend?"
Old 28 May 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2700086)   #1702
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Presumably Aston Martin will partially fund the LMP1 program by selling customer cars.

How many DBR9's were sold, they were expensive but seemed quite plentiful.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2703965)   #1703
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to Autosport via Mariantic, Aston will have a 2 car team in 2011 in P1 with a 3.4 litre v8. Also two customer cars, with two more customer cars for 2012.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2704012)   #1704
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
According to Autosport via Mariantic, Aston will have a 2 car team in 2011 in P1 with a 3.4 litre v8. Also two customer cars, with two more customer cars for 2012.
Yes, it's reported in the magazine today. Apparently the project hasn't been signed off yet, but Autosport think the plan is for an open car, rather than a coupe

There's another Aston-related story in Autosport. They're suggesting Sam Hancock's Aston LM drive is linked to him being co-owner of the Jota Sport team, who will be running a GT4 Vantage at the Spa 24 hours and the Silverstone Britcar 24 hours in October for Hancock and team co-owner Simon Dolan- apparently the start of a planned 4-year deal with Aston

They should be joined by AMR-contracted drivers for the enduros, and plan to move up to the LMS next year with a GT2 Vantage and potentially graduate to LMP1 for 2012. Autosport think they might be one of those Aston P1 customers....

Last edited by KA; 3 Jun 2010 at 18:08.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2704063)   #1705
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3.4ltr V8 makes me sad
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2704072)   #1706
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
3.4ltr V8 makes me sad

IMO, Should have been a 4.0L with the diesels cut to 3.4L, but....

L.P.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2704094)   #1707
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ACO eliminating V10 and V12 engines still bothers me. The Aston V12 is a thing of beauty. Mandate displacement limits sure, but not engine configuration.Nonetheless, at least Aston in carrying on in both LMP1 and GT2.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2704209)   #1708
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The whole thing irks me. Given the fact that the equalization between different takes on N/A engines has never been an issue - or if it has than hardly to the degree of petrol vs diesel - I think they've just eliminated a whole lot of variety in the name of dubious competition/economy (of either type) gains.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2704360)   #1709
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG View Post
The only way to prove/disprove the current and future equivalency is to build a car imo (although i can understand AMR's position).
Well , I reckon the three best petrol cars out there are the Rebellion Lola's , Oreca/AIM and Lola/AM ..... its fairly plain for me to see that at presant there is a big differance between petrol/diesel . And I dont blame them for harping on about it either ..... Henri did , although he stayed a little bit quite when he ran a Pug , as is Hughe de Chaunac .

The next crib to expect will obviously be the hybrid/petrol saga ..... roll on !!!
Old 4 Jun 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2704476)   #1710
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Yes, it's reported in the magazine today. Apparently the project hasn't been signed off yet, but Autosport think the plan is for an open car, rather than a coupe

There's another Aston-related story in Autosport. They're suggesting Sam Hancock's Aston LM drive is linked to him being co-owner of the Jota Sport team, who will be running a GT4 Vantage at the Spa 24 hours and the Silverstone Britcar 24 hours in October for Hancock and team co-owner Simon Dolan- apparently the start of a planned 4-year deal with Aston

They should be joined by AMR-contracted drivers for the enduros, and plan to move up to the LMS next year with a GT2 Vantage and potentially graduate to LMP1 for 2012. Autosport think they might be one of those Aston P1 customers....
http://www.jotasport.com/Jota_Sport/...agreement.html

Old 4 Jun 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2704639)   #1711
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Now on web edition: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84133
Old 4 Jun 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2704642)   #1712
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasnt the signature deal for more then one year aswell?

i'm sure I saw an intervew where they said it was a multi-year deal.

AMR + Signature in 2011
AMR + Signature + JOTA in 2012?
Old 4 Jun 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2704687)   #1713
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
wasnt the signature deal for more then one year aswell?

i'm sure I saw an intervew where they said it was a multi-year deal.

AMR + Signature in 2011
AMR + Signature + JOTA in 2012?
that was what I was thinking too.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 06:34 (Ref:2704918)   #1714
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Looks like they are developing a business model to have a works programme partially funded by the sale of cars to privateers - I hope it works as it will certainly add competitive cars to the grid.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2710050)   #1715
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Pit report from Speed broadcast: George Howard-Chappell had said that don't be surprised to see them (Fernandez?) back in ALMS this year. Road America and Mosport are interesting, but probably won't make it to Petit.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2757480)   #1716
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Aston Martin press conference Saturday - check back
per Mariantic...

What IS AM up to?

Apparently, no AM showing at PLM (a personal disappointment)....
what gives?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2757487)   #1717
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Given that Fernandez brought some Lowe's sponsorship, and their corporate office aren't that far away, it would have been kind of nice to see them at PLM.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2757488)   #1718
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
per Mariantic...

What IS AM up to?

Apparently, no AM showing at PLM (a personal disappointment)....
what gives?
Will maybe find out at 10:30 am BST tomorrow. 05:30 for You!

L.P.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 03:22 (Ref:2757550)   #1719
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Will maybe find out at 10:30 am BST tomorrow. 05:30 for You!
Thanks for the time conversion...I'll be looking as soon as I roll out of bed to sip coffee and read the "paper".
Old 11 Sep 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2757612)   #1720
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sam Hancock just posted this on Twitter:
http://yfrog.com/f/mvd1rij/

Looks like open-cockpit for next year.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2757615)   #1721
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow!, that was surprising!
But it looks good!, kinda like the 905 Spider.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2757616)   #1722
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow!, that was surprising!
It Looks kinda like the 905 Spider.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2757617)   #1723
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Sam Hancock just posted this on Twitter:
http://yfrog.com/f/mvd1rij/

Looks like open-cockpit for next year.
I'm no aerodynamicist, but I fail to understand the benefits of LMPs having an open cockpit?
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2757618)   #1724
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't wait to see some more renders, glad to have Aston back in P1!
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2757619)   #1725
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I'm no aerodynamicist, but I fail to understand the benefits of LMPs having an open cockpit?
It makes drivers changes during pit stops less cumbersome, meaning faster pit stops. The team that spends the least time in the pits is usually odds on to win...

Part of the appeal of this type of racing for me in the variety of cars on offer, so good on Aston going for an open top. Peugeot will probably be back with a closed car, we'll have to see what Audi do now.