Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4043541)   #1701
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Take care, Max, if you've a castor around check your carb' feed for "pétoules" as Trintignant did back in the day… Hence his nickname, Pétoulet!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4043544)   #1702
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mmmm if we're talking about the same thing, those pétoules will fit the bill.

Maybe I meant caster? I always forget which spelling is the suspension adjustment and which is the oil

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4043547)   #1703
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Maybe I meant caster? I always forget which spelling is the suspension adjustment and which is the oil
What a restart you have, Pétoulet-Max!
Hope your Tagadatsointsoin did not hurt any animal tho…
Old 29 Mar 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4043757)   #1704
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After 89 silent days, normality returned to west Leicestershire this morning. In a howling gale and with rain in the air, No Limits held the first event of 2021 @ the circuit.
In the morning there were 12 sessions, 9 of which were red flagged and 2 riders were taken to Hospital, as I said normal service has been resumed.

In the afternoon the riders had calmed down, and the day finished with smiles all round.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4043776)   #1705
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
After 89 silent days, normality returned to west Leicestershire this morning. In a howling gale and with rain in the air, No Limits held the first event of 2021 @ the circuit.
In the morning there were 12 sessions, 9 of which were red flagged and 2 riders were taken to Hospital, as I said normal service has been resumed.

In the afternoon the riders had calmed down, and the day finished with smiles all round.
And it has been such a glorious day here working in the garden! Could even be shorts tomorrow...
Old 29 Mar 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4043782)   #1706
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Stay safe in your garden, John. People are turning banana in many areas, like 1000 of them for a car tuning meeting… Only four were fined. I try to hold my breath till my jab whenever it happens, May or June.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4043787)   #1707
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At Whilton Mill kart track the sun shone in the righteous. It was a brilliant day.

The new customer drove until we broke him. I came back with more karts than I went with because we picked up some extra work, and I ****ed off someone who deserves it.

Like I said a brilliant day in the sunshine. So happy that I've broken my 2021 resolution and am drinking alcohol on a school night. Cheers!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Mar 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4043799)   #1708
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Stay safe in your garden, John. People are turning banana in many areas, like 1000 of them for a car tuning meeting… Only four were fined. I try to hold my breath till my jab whenever it happens, May or June.
I think I would go anywhere now for a car show, whatever it is. I listen with joy to big 'bikes disappearing down the road, or even 'planes flying over, especially my friend's son when he flies over in a Harvard & gives me a wing waggle. Bit concerned by the convoys of military helicopters going over, heading south-east. Where could they be going?
Old 30 Mar 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4043873)   #1709
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Windows 10 has quite a few built-in controls for camera and microphone related to whether they are on by default and which apps can use them.

Also geolocation tracking.

Smartphones and tablets have similar.

Grant, had meant to respond earlier. Problem is that if chummy has been able to access your camera, he can also easily alter any settings that you have made in whatever operating system that you use.

Covering the lens might be viewed (no pun intended) as being a bit of a belt and braces act, but better to be safe than sorry.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4043962)   #1710
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
But better to be safe than sorry.
Ho yes! And take care before using what is presented to you as synchronisation. Very useful to have your agenda and phonebook saved -a real hassle when you have to copy everything by hand- but bear in mind that all your data can be sent everywhere to anyone, anytime.
Just for fun I had my phone ringing remotely from my laptop. Scary! May be better be suspicious than too much confident. The modern world is quite different from Teddy Bear's…
Old 31 Mar 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4044086)   #1711
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, we're all out of breath, mini-micron is gonna talk, a kind of modern Zarathoustra, starting with the snake and the dwarf. If you're running out of stock of belonies, garbage and other BS, then your stock will be full soon… What a shame.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4044093)   #1712
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John, we're all out of breath, mini-micron is gonna talk, a kind of modern Zarathoustra, starting with the snake and the dwarf. If you're running out of stock of belonies, garbage and other BS, then your stock will be full soon… What a shame.
You have to realise he is now the world's greatest epidimiologist (sp?) & his every word must be revered!

Living in the country has the big advantage we can just ignore him & carry on as usual. All the plants have buds on, the cows are now out in the fields again, the sun is warm, what more could we want ? (except the occasional classic car show or historic race meeting).

I bought a mug recently that has 'Keep Calm & go to Arras' written on it. So true...
Old 1 Apr 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4044260)   #1713
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you want to have an idea of the mess we have and the way its handled (in fact, not handled at all!), just have a look to the new decisions and when they apply. New lockdown for some regions but only after Easter weekend! I believe the virus has been warned not to attack anyone during this delay… A viral version of "la trève des confiseurs" may be? Or like with a well-mannered dog its enough to say wait or sit down???
Old 1 Apr 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4044263)   #1714
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no time for Macron but look at what we did at Christmas.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4044264)   #1715
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Always a matter of competition, business vs health, logical vs cynical.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4044359)   #1716
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Many years ago we used to be able to call them "Easter Eggs", so here is a picture of my wife 45 years ago posing for an advert for them !
Happy Easter to all tenthers
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sue E egg.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	67874
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Apr 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4044377)   #1717
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now we know you're a true gentleman, let me tell you you've a typo: I think you mean this picture was taken 45 MONTHS ago, yes…

Happy Easter eggs to all!
Old 5 Apr 2021, 06:14 (Ref:4044634)   #1718
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One for Lancsbreaker, I think:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...paign=alert_v2

Be interesting to see what the final price is, seems a low level of bids so far.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 06:25 (Ref:4044636)   #1719
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Be interesting to see what the final price is, seems a low level of bids so far.
Agreed. If the Archivio Storico Alfa Romeo letter comes with and attests its authenticity as being a genuine Super, the prices seen this morning are ridiculous. Will end in the region of 45/55 k€. My guess, not my bet!

Just for fun, when reading "Furthermore, the light lenses are free of any chips or cracks" and checking with the pictures, I wonder what a highly damaged headlamp can be? And what are the small holes in the trunk lid for? De Luxe………

Last edited by Gerard C; 5 Apr 2021 at 06:33.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4044675)   #1720
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just for fun, when reading "Furthermore, the light lenses are free of any chips or cracks" and checking with the pictures, I wonder what a highly damaged headlamp can be? And what are the small holes in the trunk lid for? De Luxe………
No, no, Gerard... you misunderstand!

It means the chips and cracks in the light lenses are free - no extra charge!

The left hand front sidelamp/indicator lens is also cracked, but these are also free!
Old 5 Apr 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4044697)   #1721
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Hey Gerard, I wonder if this business with Bernard Tapie has anything to do with his past ? just wondering
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Apr 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4044702)   #1722
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched the Top Gear tribute to Sabine Schmidt. Touching.
Old 5 Apr 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4044703)   #1723
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gordon, I cant imagine he has now to pay for ALL the bills! What is obviously related to his past are a collection of pricey watches and jewels. The burglars dont visit the poor house unless they are mistaken! I must admit he has a very refined taste for "hôtels particuliers" wether in center of Paris or Aix en Provence. Do you remember he bought for pocket money several castles belonging to Bokassa, another "humaniste"…
Old 5 Apr 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4044713)   #1724
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
One for Lancsbreaker, I think:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...paign=alert_v2

Certainly a car I'd like to play with, but a little outside my price range - by a factor of at least 10 With about 2.5 hours to go its at 32250 Euro - I'd expect it to go up a fair bit more.

I have a couple of 1.6 1972 Giulia saloons in my unit (sadly not Ti Supers ) one of which is left-hand drive - still on its Roma registration, but sadly with no documentation. I bought it intending to build it into a historic race car, but of course it just joined the project list...... The other (UK reg) one is probably more a spares car but could be revived with enough enthusiasm (and cash!).
Old 5 Apr 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4044715)   #1725
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
There is a very nice Alfa Giulia Giardinetta for sale on classicdriver.com - now that is a bit of a rarity! Reflected in the price too at 67,500 euros (it is in Holland).
Closed Thread