Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Oct 2003, 19:23 (Ref:745604)   #151
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good to me Fab. Though I don't know what time we'll be there. it's a 7 hours drive for us, and we want to be there saturday and sunday. What I do know is that I'll go with vandijk and vinnie. Ill get back on this !!!
Old 10 Oct 2003, 10:13 (Ref:746124)   #152
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EliseGT1
Sounds good to me Fab. Though I don't know what time we'll be there. it's a 7 hours drive for us, and we want to be there saturday and sunday. What I do know is that I'll go with vandijk and vinnie. Ill get back on this !!!
Good news ! Another TT mmeting's coming...
Old 10 Oct 2003, 11:24 (Ref:746184)   #153
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What kind of weather can we expect in France November 9? Snow...?
Old 10 Oct 2003, 14:33 (Ref:746365)   #154
stoney
Rookie

stoney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't bother to read all 152 posts, so sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I didn't see it on the last entry list.

Chalk up one 1997 Panoz GTR-1, entered by JML

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/8396/
In the words of the ancients, one should make his decisions within the space of seven breaths. When your mind is going hither and thither, discrimination will never be brought to a conclusion. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 14:48 (Ref:746385)   #155
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Karl Kling
What kind of weather can we expect in France November 9? Snow...?
LOL from Sweden right?
Old 10 Oct 2003, 15:12 (Ref:746404)   #156
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
LOL from Sweden right?
Yup... We rarely have snow here in the beginning of november in the Stockholm area (it has happened though...) but way up north they've had about 40 cm of snow for a couple of weeks now. (Don't ask me how they stand it...)

Anyway, it has snowed in France before, right?
Old 11 Oct 2003, 11:46 (Ref:747141)   #157
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
In November, we should expect rain and betwenn 5 and 10° Celsius... forget the suntan...
Old 11 Oct 2003, 11:47 (Ref:747142)   #158
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Anyway, it has snowed in France before, right?
Only in the Alpes... Le Mans is too far in the west and too close from the sea climate... so : rain, wet race, etc...
Old 11 Oct 2003, 12:04 (Ref:747157)   #159
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We can also expect a 0°C in the morning in case of anticyclone, but rain is more probable.
The track conditions will be difficult. Nice race in prospect !
Old 11 Oct 2003, 12:56 (Ref:747201)   #160
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
... so : rain, wet race, etc...
Not bad! Now the other teams have a chance against the Audi of Team Goh.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 13:24 (Ref:747225)   #161
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
So, the weather will be like it is here today...

I guess the engines would like those temperatures at least.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 09:43 (Ref:748033)   #162
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A good battle on a small track, with a lot of tricky curves for those powerfull cars... well, a good show !
Old 12 Oct 2003, 14:24 (Ref:748364)   #163
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
This time I'll try to be there! I couldn't make it in june (!"#€%#$£) but i really have to see some sportscars live before the end of this year!!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 06:24 (Ref:749055)   #164
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
This time I'll try to be there! I couldn't make it in june (!"#€%#$£) but i really have to see some sportscars live before the end of this year!!
I've really have to plan that Ten-Tenths meeting !

But let's make it simple : 8h30 to 9h00 am on saturday morning at the Paddock Bar (behind the pits grandstands), a fine place to spot pilots, and a good coffee in the chilly morning... oh boy !

And we'll make it for three other moments : noon on saturday (place still to determine), sunday morning at paddock bar, and sunday noon (if not to close from the start, but we'll meet close from the track anyway !).

Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:08 (Ref:749644)   #165
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cool temperatures in the 50s F are murder on getting tire temps up....could be extremely difficult racing, even if it is dry....

Let's hope the afternoon is a warm one....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:25 (Ref:749671)   #166
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Let's hope the afternoon is a warm one....
I think it won't be ; but it could open the race, giving chances to more competitors...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:29 (Ref:749675)   #167
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Fab:

What kind of average temperatures can we expect for an afternoon in early November at Le Mans????

Go ahead and give it to us in C...the Yanks like me will do our conversion to figure out the temp in F....

Thanks!

Old 15 Oct 2003, 08:06 (Ref:751816)   #168
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
To Fab:

What kind of average temperatures can we expect for an afternoon in early November at Le Mans????

Go ahead and give it to us in C...the Yanks like me will do our conversion to figure out the temp in F....

Thanks!
Between 5 and 10°C, could be less at dawn (close from zéro, but no icing). And usely wet...
Old 15 Oct 2003, 08:07 (Ref:751818)   #169
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Last news : some teams are already on the track, according to Claude Foubert via SpiritOf...

At least Lister (they say we could hear the car in the center of Le Mans !) and Ferrari Scotland...

Thanks to Jérôme Mugnier, we can see that the Lola Taurus was on the spot too... (I love this one ! )

Last edited by Fab; 15 Oct 2003 at 08:14.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 08:11 (Ref:751821)   #170
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Thanks to SpiritOf, it's now confirmed that Olivier Beretta and David Saelens will be at the wheel of this beast in November at LM...

Last edited by Fab; 15 Oct 2003 at 08:12.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 08:18 (Ref:751825)   #171
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Andl ast but nit leats, SpiritOf and Jérôme Mugnier confirm that Sébastien Bourdais will share the Pescarolo Courage wheel with Sarrazin and Lagorce...
Old 15 Oct 2003, 14:48 (Ref:752235)   #172
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
He was very fast all year long in CART...he's a great addition to that team....they will be strong on November 9th!!!

Thanks for spoting the pics and info as well, Fab...we all appreciate it....

Old 16 Oct 2003, 14:26 (Ref:753314)   #173
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
He was very fast all year long in CART...he's a great addition to that team....they will be strong on November 9th!!!
Rookie of the year, you bet we're proud of him in his hometown !

Quote:
Thanks for spoting the pics and info as well, Fab...we all appreciate it....
Old 22 Oct 2003, 05:33 (Ref:759016)   #174
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Some schedule precisions :
- friday : administrative scrutenings
- saturday :
9 to 9h30 : free tests from
10h15 to 10h45 : first GT/GTS quals
11h00 to 11h30 : first LMP/GTP quals
14h00 to 14h30 : second GT/GTS quals
14h45 to 15h15 : second LMP/GTP quals
- sunday :
9h30 to 10h00 : warm-up
12h00 : start !

We'll be there !

Old 22 Oct 2003, 06:22 (Ref:759035)   #175
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Has anyone heard of any TV deals for this race yet?