Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Aug 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4065504)   #151
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Cant believe its being given any traction tbh. His dad literally bought him an entire F1 team, hes hardly going to move him to another team is he?
That is my thinking. Maybe he is about to buy Mercedes F1. Now THAT would be a crazy rumor!

Richard
Old 5 Aug 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4065509)   #152
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not so crazy really...wouldnt be the first and only billionaire to own/controlling interest in 2 teams at the same time.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4065519)   #153
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
not so crazy really...wouldnt be the first and only billionaire to own/controlling interest in 2 teams at the same time.
The team is split into three equal shares owned by Mercedes, INEOS and Wolff. I just don't see Stroll working 50+% of Mercedes F1 anytime soon. Or soon enough to install his son as a driver in 2022.

See we have started a rumor... how long until we see it mentioned in the F1 press... "Stroll rumored to buy controlling interest in Mercedes F1". Maybe we should start a rumor that Stroll is to partner Russell and that both Lewis and Bottas are out.

Richard
Old 5 Aug 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4065525)   #154
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Him and Toto are already business partners in Aston and Merc pulling out to pursue electric...the rumour writes itself really!
Old 5 Aug 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4065528)   #155
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Him and Toto are already business partners in Aston and Merc pulling out to pursue electric...the rumour writes itself really!
I’m sure that those who’ve never been nearer to the F1 paddock than their armchairs will be along shortly to tell you what they “know.”
Old 5 Aug 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4065530)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We are all entitled to our opinion and a lot of it is gained through knowledge and information. Especially from what is happening in the paddock. So just remember that a lot of so called ‘armchair’ fans are just as informed as those in the paddock and we enjoy a good debate on here
Old 8 Aug 2021, 02:08 (Ref:4065782)   #157
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I dont think merc need a pay driver, they can afford the best.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4065783)   #158
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But JV has been in an F1 paddock.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 07:56 (Ref:4065788)   #159
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With Williams telling the world last week that they don't need to recruit pay drivers any longer I do wonder if there might be two new names over the pit entrances next year.The current non-paying driver presumably moving up the grid.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4065789)   #160
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Nyck de Vries seems a good shout. F2 champions usually deserve their shot.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4065792)   #161
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
With Williams telling the world last week that they don't need to recruit pay drivers any longer I do wonder if there might be two new names over the pit entrances next year.The current non-paying driver presumably moving up the grid.
Eh? I don’t think it’s a secret that both current race drivers bring funding.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4065969)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Latifi has probably made a better case for saying on the back of his performance in Hungary
Old 9 Aug 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4066017)   #163
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Latifi has probably made a better case for saying on the back of his performance in Hungary
I agree, especially if Williams bring in a rookie to fill the other seat.
If de Vries comes in, it'd be a decent shout to keep Latifi alongside, if only for a bit of stability while de Vries finds his feet (although I have no doubt the Dutchman would consistantly be the quicker driver).

However, if Williams were inclined and able to bring in a Bottas or Hulkenburg, then there'd be less reason to keep Latifi alongside a rookie - unless his Dad ponies up more moolah of course.

While Williams may not need pay drivers, that doesn't mean a pay driver is welcome
Old 9 Aug 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4066070)   #164
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
de vries is spectacularly underrated in general. it'd be a shame to lose him from sportscars and formula e, but i'm sure he'd get in a f1 car and be ridiculously good as well.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 08:54 (Ref:4066098)   #165
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Assuming George Russell is indeed going to be a Mercedes driver in 2022, I believe Williams should do their best to sign Bottas as a replacement. Bottas is a very quick, experienced driver who knows the team and would be able to lead it going into the new era. Alfa Romeo should also be looking to sign Bottas, but from his perspective Williams is surely the more attractive prospect going into the future. Latifi has done a decent job for Williams, but if the team really don't need the money then there are better drivers available. I think they should try to get a rookie as the second driver, possibly De Vries, or possibly someone like Zhou from Formula 2. If they can't get Bottas as the first driver, then I would say the next best options would be Hulkenberg or Albon, as Gasly's success for Alpha Tauri suggests that Albon would do a decent job if he returned to Formula 1. I think Kvyat has probably had enough chances in Formula 1 and Williams probably have better drivers available than him.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4066101)   #166
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Assuming George Russell is indeed going to be a Mercedes driver in 2022, I believe Williams should do their best to sign Bottas as a replacement. Bottas is a very quick, experienced driver who knows the team and would be able to lead it going into the new era. Alfa Romeo should also be looking to sign Bottas, but from his perspective Williams is surely the more attractive prospect going into the future. Latifi has done a decent job for Williams, but if the team really don't need the money then there are better drivers available. I think they should try to get a rookie as the second driver, possibly De Vries, or possibly someone like Zhou from Formula 2. If they can't get Bottas as the first driver, then I would say the next best options would be Hulkenberg or Albon, as Gasly's success for Alpha Tauri suggests that Albon would do a decent job if he returned to Formula 1. I think Kvyat has probably had enough chances in Formula 1 and Williams probably have better drivers available than him.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the no-need-for-pay-driver claim is a negotiating tool to get Zhou’s Dad to pay a bit more.

Struggle to see Bottas anywhere other than reuniting with Fred if he leaves Merc and stays in F1.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4066109)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'd just have to give up watching in protest if Kvyat finds his way back onto the grid again......
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4066135)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

To be fair I think Kvyat would be a reasonably safe pair of hands. He has the experience and although he still has the odd incident, they do seem to me to have decreased over the past two years. But there are other good alternatives out there like the Hulk and de Vries
Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4066147)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's had his time - more than once. How many comebacks should a driver have? It's not as if he's going to bring anything new to a team, is it?
Old 10 Aug 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4066164)   #170
S griffin
Veteran

Fair points. I won’t get upset if he comes back, but you’re right, he’s probably not going to be better than he was before
Old 10 Aug 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4066215)   #171
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think I'd just have to give up watching in protest if Kvyat finds his way back onto the grid again......

I think I'd rather see Albon given another chance.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4066225)   #172
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I think I'd rather see Albon given another chance.
Almost anyone really..... (well, perhaps not anyone..... ).
Old 11 Aug 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4066289)   #173
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Theres plenty of talent in f2 itching for a go. I would rather see fresh blood than recycling Kyviat again.

F1 is the pinnacle, you get a chance you give it your all. If its not good enough you get replaced. I want to see the best, not the pretty good on his best day.

This isnt local little league "participation medal" stuff.. "awe give him another chance, he wasnt ready," doesnt work in f1 like it might down the local football field.
Old 11 Aug 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4066310)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely agree.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4066493)   #175
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would allow A return. Could be your driving style didn't match the designer or team leader and you look far slower or the team doesn't agree with you and your feedback. You're out, go and drive Super Formula, LMP/GT series, etc then return with another team. Great, have the chance to prove the previous was not your best. A third chance? Better be a DAMN good reason you're returning to the field.