Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4043494)   #151
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It'll be a good fight, that's for sure.
fingers crossed.....
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4043495)   #152
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a feeling that Hamilton's experience is going to win out here. He knows *exactly* where to be quick and where he doesn't need to be, corner by corner.

It's fascinating.

(and then Hamilton runs wide)
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4043496)   #153
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis runs wide.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4043497)   #154
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh dear, Max. Great racing *but* overtaking off the track?

Ah - very honourable, giving the place back. So we go again.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4043498)   #155
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4043499)   #156
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Generous give back imo.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4043500)   #157
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or was he ordered to give the spot back?
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4043501)   #158
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Verstappen now looking scrappy..
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4043502)   #159
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Jeebus. I couldn't hold my breath a moment longer.

That was one of the best F1 races I've seen in *ages*.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4043503)   #160
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Well that was fun!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4043504)   #161
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
First blood to Lewis.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4043505)   #162
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
THATS WHY YOU EMPLOY HAMILTON!!! Get in!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4043506)   #163
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Jeebus. I couldn't hold my breath a moment longer.

That was one of the best F1 races I've seen in *ages*.
Totally.

A great start to the budget cap era?
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4043509)   #164
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Apparently Race Control said Max should give the place back.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4043514)   #165
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Apparently Race Control said Max should give the place back.
Yeah.

Would have liked to see him take the penalty and try to pull out that 5s rather then give the place back but thats hindsight.

Very mature drive from Max.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4043515)   #166
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
THATS WHY YOU EMPLOY HAMILTON!!! Get in!
This. Just this.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4043516)   #167
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great race.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4043521)   #168
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Not a LH fan but a great and truly champions drive. I think the RBR strategy let Max down today, how many time s do we hear about keeping track positiion and they simply left him too much to do IMO. As Brundle said in comm, it is also risky to rely on a strategy at the first race of the year, that leaves 2 or 3 laps of the race to pass another car when the possiblity of cars retiring near the end of the race can bring out a safety car.

All bodes well for the season though.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4043522)   #169
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Not a LH fan but a great and truly champions drive. I think the RBR strategy let Max down today, how many time s do we hear about keeping track positiion and they simply left him too much to do IMO. As Brundle said in comm, it is also risky to rely on a strategy at the first race of the year, that leaves 2 or 3 laps of the race to pass another car when the possiblity of cars retiring near the end of the race can bring out a safety car.

All bodes well for the season though.
As Horner said, they didn’t believe hamilton could go that far on the tyre...no one did, they were just outfoxed by great strategy and a driver
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4043529)   #170
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a race.

The kids will need to do better than that to beat the champ I am afraid.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4043530)   #171
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was wanting Max and Honda to win today (and frankly start the end of the Mercedes era). But this win was down to one person doing it just right. And that was Lewis.

I have to mention. During the recon lap. My son said... Mazepin will crash out first lap. I said... That is too typical of a prediction for him. I think he will settle down and make it through at least the first lap.

Mazepin's crash had the look of a classic red mist moment where you are thinking... I am being passed! I must try harder! And then buries the throttle and spins out.

Richard
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4043531)   #172
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
As Horner said, they didn’t believe hamilton could go that far on the tyre...no one did, they were just outfoxed by great strategy and a driver
I think sometimes the strategists should let the drivers push the tyres more and in Perez RBR have a driver who can manage and extend tyre life better than anyone so they will get some feedback from him.

Unless the tyre is going to be in danger of failing, I think sometimes leave them out, the very top drivers will compensate and use their racecraft to manage gaps and make it hard to pass them.

Look at Hamilton last year at Silvestone, he got the win there on three wheels more or less, but pitting him for an extra stop would have meant no chance of a win.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4043532)   #173
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I was wanting Max and Honda to win today (and frankly start the end of the Mercedes era). But this win was down to one person doing it just right. And that was Lewis.

I have to mention. During the recon lap. My son said... Mazepin will crash out first lap. I said... That is too typical of a prediction for him. I think he will settle down and make it through at least the first lap.

Mazepin's crash had the look of a classic red mist moment where you are thinking... I am being passed! I must try harder! And then buries the throttle and spins out.

Richard
He was wild in F2 and also had some post race questionable aggression. I worry that rather than calm down he will get even more frustrated and wild as the season goes on. I bet no driver wants to be near him on the grid...!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4043549)   #174
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if there are any performance clauses in Mazapin's contract with Haas?
His performance levels this weekend, taking into account the level of the car, suggest the F1 is currently a level too high for him.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4043552)   #175
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
I wonder if there are any performance clauses in Mazapin's contract with Haas?
His performance levels this weekend, taking into account the level of the car, suggest the F1 is currently a level too high for him.
Generally if your (family) money is paying for the team to be on the grid, you don't include clauses in your own contract that may be difficult to achieve.