Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3689408)   #151
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
QLF had track temp of 30C and Audi was nearly 1s faster than Porsche on 2015, so Audi is at home on this track and temperature

Curiously, remember at the Spa 6h when Audi were blaming the heat for their poor pace?!
Car was overheating at Spa iirc.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:12 (Ref:3689409)   #152
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Lap record from Di Grassi, 1:41.5

That's approaching qualifying pace.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3689410)   #153
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Lap record from Di Grassi, 1:41.1
May I keep trying to establish 'sinceriously fast' for the audis?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3689411)   #154
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Lap record from Di Grassi, 1:41.1

Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3689412)   #155
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
May I keep trying to establish 'sinceriously fast' for the audis?
They are like rockets! BTW, love your signature.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3689413)   #156
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DiGrassi 1.41.5, Audi on a completely different level to Porsche/Toyota
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:15 (Ref:3689414)   #157
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Is owning and operating RLM, the single best thing that ever happened to Le Mans media coverage enough? Not everyone can have Graham Goodwins level of knowledge - he's basically godlike.
Dead right, if you're the boss you do as you please. As for Graham Goodwin, a fountain of knowledge he may be but he's certainly not the worlds' best communicator behind a microphone, in my humble opinion.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3689415)   #158
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Dead right, if you're the boss you do as you please. As for Graham Goodwin, a fountain of knowledge he may be but he's certainly not the worlds' best communicator behind a microphone, in my humble opinion.
I was just thinking earlier how much better GG has gotten over the years. I'm sure there are better professionals (maybe Haven, or Brundle), but I love all the RLM squad. It wouldn't be the same without them - as IMSA found out when they tried a year without them.

I wouldn't change the WEC commentary layout at all.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3689416)   #159
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I was just thinking earlier how much better GG has gotten over the years. I'm sure there are better professionals (maybe Haven, or Brundle), but I love all the RLM squad. It wouldn't be the same without them - as IMSA found out when they tried a year without them.

I wouldn't mind a Brundle & Haven special guest appearance on the RLM commentary at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
BTW, love your signature.
I'd love to take credit, but it's an "offensive" fortune(6)
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3689417)   #160
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
ESM leads the race at the moment.
Of course they still have their slow am to come.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3689418)   #161
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I tend to agree, I think we've all get used to the Geordie's faux pas, he's become the Muddy Talker of sportscars and you're right, at least he's put sportscar racing on the map.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3689419)   #162
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
end of lap 117: 7 pits

#6 is right up with the #5
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3689421)   #163
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which is the Toyota crew fighting for the driver's tittle and what do they need to get it?

I'm rooting for them as #2 was way too lucky with things this year
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3689422)   #164
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
What's the Toyota crew fighting for the driver's tittle and what do they need to get it?
A win and #2 in p7+ LMP-overall or a 2nd and the #2 in p14+ LMP-overall IIRC (I don't actually understand the latter, ahem, but that's what RLM said - if #6 takes 2nd and #2 takes 13th overall, #2 takes it)

Hmm. Let's say, they are down 17 points. So 1st for #6 (25) and at most 8 for #2, or 2nd for #6 (18) and at most 1 for #2
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3689423)   #165
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
What's the Toyota crew fighting for the driver's tittle and what do they need to get it?
#6 needs to finish at least 2nd otherwise they won't win the title anyhow.

If they are 2nd, Porsche may not finish in top 13.
If they win, Porsche may not finish top 5.

EDIT:

end of lap 120: 1 pits
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3689424)   #166
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Which is the Toyota crew fighting for the driver's tittle and what do they need to get it?

6 Toyota has to finish in the top 2. Anything less isn't enough no matter what. And even then, if the 2 porsche finishes in the top 6 then it's enough for the title.

2 needs to break, 6 needs second, basically. There's more details than that but that's the gist.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3689425)   #167
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Edit: got ninja'ed. #6. To have a chance they need 2nd or 1st, but at the moment it wouldn't be enough. The #2 needs to have more problems. Basically, only a retirement or a several lap delay will hand the title to the Toyota guys.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3689426)   #168
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
end of lap 121: 5 pits
end of lap 122: 6 pits

Equal stint length for Porsche #1 and the Toyota's this time around.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3689428)   #169
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
The split strategy for Audi will not make life easier for Toyota. It will be very hard to pass both, AND the #1 Porsche.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3689429)   #170
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Think the only chance Toyota have is if the other competitors (two of the porsches and one of the Audis) pull a Toyota at 5h57.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3689431)   #171
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Di Grassi is driving very quick in this stint compared to Treluyer.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3689435)   #172
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota lights burning my eyes god dammit
Old 19 Nov 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3689436)   #173
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
#6 has let the #5 by, but in the mean time they are 35 seconds behind the #1 Porsche.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3689438)   #174
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
#6 has let the #5 by, but in the mean time they are 35 seconds behind the #1 Porsche.
Still 60 laps to go, the flying Ant needs to pull the plug!
Old 19 Nov 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3689439)   #175
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Duval past Tréluyer.