Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4021394)   #151
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Are the calenders still available?
Yes, we have printed off a few more than ordered, so there are a limited number available. Drop me a PM with you needs.

Bob.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:46 (Ref:4021398)   #152
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Are the calenders still available?
Yes, we have printed off a few more than ordered, so there are a limited number available. Drop me a PM with you needs.

Bob.

Once we know how many are available we will put them up on EBay,

The majority of the orders were in today's post, and the remainder will be sent off tomorrow.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4021552)   #153
bauble
Veteran

England
The last calendars are now available from the following link;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114564886377

Firsts come first served..
Old 9 Dec 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4021720)   #154
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calendar arrived this morning....great work guys!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Dec 2020, 14:54 (Ref:4021742)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So did mine. Very impressive. As I said on here weeks ago, I didn't know Mike, but feel privileged to have the calendar and if that has supported in some small way, then it was worth every penny. Great job Baub and all the others who worked hard to promote it. Merry Christmas to you all!
Old 9 Dec 2020, 15:35 (Ref:4021760)   #156
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Mine received this morning, too - and an impressive, well produced item. I didn't know Mike well, having only met him a few times, and done some service crew work for him at Oulton, but the range of photos and the captions do him proud.

Well done to all involved in the production, sale and distribution of this.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 15:53 (Ref:4021763)   #157
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Mine arrived this afternoon, terrific pictures and all well put together. I knew Mike for a number of years and will miss his smiling face. He will be in pride of place in my workshop and when I get fed up with things I will look at the calendar and think "well at least I still have a life" RIP mate
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Dec 2020, 17:13 (Ref:4021782)   #158
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Mine arrived this afternoon, terrific pictures and all well put together. I knew Mike for a number of years and will miss his smiling face. He will be in pride of place in my workshop and when I get fed up with things I will look at the calendar and think "well at least I still have a life" RIP mate
Nice thoughts Gordon.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 22:56 (Ref:4021842)   #159
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine also received today. Great job by all concerned.

Will be going in the garage over the workbench as inspiration to do the job right as Mike would have done rather than cutting corners and making do like I normally would.

RIP Mike
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 10 Dec 2020, 11:38 (Ref:4021930)   #160
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My copy just arrived, and it now hangs in pride of place in my kitchen.

Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of personally meeting Mike, but, having exchanged online conversations with him over the years, I am sure that he was just a lovely bloke. He will be badly and sadly missed by all he knew him. RIP.

Oh, and I sincerely hope that the auction goes well on Saturday; I will be watching online and further hope that all the cars go to good homes. If I had been in rude health I would have certainly bid for Lairy Canary, a car I have admired for years. But regretfully, I fear that I will never pass a medical to get a licence and it would be a waste of a beautiful motor.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 15:54 (Ref:4021977)   #161
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my copy arrived this morning - love it.

i’m sure he’d be very embarassed by it all, but what a great way to be reminded every day to Be More Mike.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:03 (Ref:4021979)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still waiting for mine but very pleased to read the reactions on here. Will raise an ice dream to Mike at an appropriate time.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:17 (Ref:4021984)   #163
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Still waiting for mine but very pleased to read the reactions on here..
Same here, Peter.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:21 (Ref:4021985)   #164
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Same here, Peter.
For some reason I thought you were posting them out Bob
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:34 (Ref:4021987)   #165
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Not me Tim, although I am involved to a small extent, but I will accept credit if offered.

The calendar was my idea, and I chose the pictures from the Google album that so many people contributed to, I wrote the captions, but Matti Rogers of Alphadeal Publishers did all the rest. The only outlay that had to be paid for were for printing costs, everything else was done free-of-charge.

I owe him a great deal for making my dream a reality, and I am well chuffed that so many people bought one, and appear to think it an appropriate tribute to our mutual friend Mike.

The view from Over the Moon is great.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 17:07 (Ref:4021995)   #166
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Posting them out? I'm expecting Baub to deliver mine in person (if the current restrictions allow him to travel from Luton to Leicestershire!)
Old 10 Dec 2020, 21:01 (Ref:4022047)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine was hand-delivered......

(Nice chap our postman.... ).
Old 10 Dec 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4022057)   #168
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Mine was hand-delivered......

(Nice chap our postman.... ).

So is my post girl - I have to keep buying things online so that she has to knock on the door!!
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:09 (Ref:4022142)   #169
bauble
Veteran

England
Mine arrived this morning, it looks great!
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:11 (Ref:4022143)   #170
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmmm, Still waiting.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:18 (Ref:4022148)   #171
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My friend has received his, so an early Christmas present, but not me yet.

He is very pleased & thinks the pictures are wonderful.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4022149)   #172
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hmmmmm, Still waiting.
Ditto.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:33 (Ref:4022154)   #173
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ditto.
I am assured that all the orders were posted by Tuesday, so any delay is down to the Post Office.

Peter LU post codes do seem to be delayed generally.

My daughter in rural Cambridgeshire has received her copy.

Last edited by bauble; 11 Dec 2020 at 11:35. Reason: Addition
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:36 (Ref:4022157)   #174
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I am assured that all the orders were posted by Tuesday, so any delay is down to the Post Office.

Peter LU post codes do seem to be delayed generally.

My daughter in rural Cambridgeshire has received her copy.
OK no problem, our postie doesn't generally arrive until 2pm anyway.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:37 (Ref:4022159)   #175
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hmmmmm, Still waiting.
Yours are probably parcel post, Iain. Might take longer.