Old 15 Mar 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2152238)   #151
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Yeah, I guess that black puff of smoke emanating from Webber's tyre when his brake fell apart must have escaped some people.

I'm no great fan of Webber, but some posts are a little exaggerated.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 07:25 (Ref:2152239)   #152
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Yeah, I guess that black puff of smoke emanating from Webber's tyre when his brake fell apart must have escaped some people.

I'm no great fan of Webber, but some posts are a little exaggerated.
Why let facts get in the way of a good bash session?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2152254)   #153
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the grid does look interesting. So far I can't find a channel showing it in any language.

The Hondas look ordinary and the Renaults look dire. Perhaps we are seeing the early demise of fernando?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2152295)   #154
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
The Hondas look ordinary and the Renaults look dire. Perhaps we are seeing the early demise of fernando?
I'm thinking he might either retire this year or retire mid-season.

An interesting quali session, which for all the negative comments, you really COULD see and hear the difference without traction control, fantastic to see the cars *come alive* once more.

I hope the start further jumbles the order.

Last edited by Sodemo; 15 Mar 2008 at 10:01.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2152300)   #155
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A bit of entertainment at last, great to see the drivers having to correct all that oversteer.

Bit of a dissapointment for Kubica, pole could have been his quite easily I reckon.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 10:54 (Ref:2152320)   #156
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially on the hard braking you see the difference without the gizmos: the cars are squirming quite a lot.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2152343)   #157
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Bit of a dissapointment for Kubica, pole could have been his quite easily I reckon.
It seemed so Touring, and he didn't back out of it either, just rode that thing all the way around. A pretty fearless approach more than a few times out there. Another year of Nick having his hands full with Kubica, that'll keep them both honest.

A lot of bits sticking out all over the place on most of the cars out there, some real funny looking stuff. But, so far so good without TC.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2152348)   #158
Signal Fire
Rookie

Signal Fire has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who do you WANT to be Champion in 2008?

It's a simple question - who would you like to see win the title this year?

I vote Massa, although i'd be happy to see Kimi do the double.

Votes please!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2152416)   #159
The Used
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
The Used should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its great to see the BMW sauber team on the pace. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the season and will mix up the Ferrari/McLaren domination a bit.

There was a lot of talk about BMW sand bagging their results over the off season. Looks like this turned out to be true from the results so far.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:00 (Ref:2152418)   #160
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
It seemed so Touring, and he didn't back out of it either, just rode that thing all the way around. A pretty fearless approach more than a few times out there. Another year of Nick having his hands full with Kubica, that'll keep them both honest.

A lot of bits sticking out all over the place on most of the cars out there, some real funny looking stuff. But, so far so good without TC.
Heck yeah! Watching the cars slide about was really, really cool.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2152425)   #161
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The best thing we've seen in years...

and there's more to come.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2152453)   #162
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it'll be a good race. Some of the guys at the back, notably Raikkonen, and also the Renaults and Williams should have good race pace and keep some of the guys from 5th-10th honest. It'll probably be a dull race at the front, but if Kubica legitimately fights for the win that'll probably give it a bit of spice.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2152459)   #163
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm afraid the start will be a real mess. From people spinning on launch to people launching into T1 I think there will be some heartbreak for quite a few teams.

And I wonder how much Kubica is going to push to get his laps in on the low fuel he seems to be running.

Just watching the order of the first pitstops is going to be really interesting and should finally give some insight into comparative car performance.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2152462)   #164
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did I see F1 cars sliding there?

Very entertaining session - Hamilton his usual imperious self, Kubica ragging the BMW to within an inch of its life, Ferrari being a bit pants. Life does not get better than that. Even Honda looked alright!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2152469)   #165
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Kubica will shine this season. Watch out !
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2152474)   #166
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly I won't be able to see it. No coverage on my system unfortunately.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2152505)   #167
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I hope to see Kimi fighting through with some sweet overtaking moves hopefully on the cards. Surely a top 5 place is reasonable to assume for him?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2152522)   #168
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No tv coverage for me also, but looks to be a great start to the season.
I am sure Kimi will work his way up there & hope Jenson does well.
Happy viewing.
Kubica will screwup.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2152549)   #169
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Plenty of arse out. Terrific! Sideways racing is back; it will show the best smoothie driver. BMW now on form for podiums regular or wins
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2152552)   #170
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
great q session. pretty mixed up and yet not raining.

prediction: kubica will go montoya on l.h. at t1.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2152558)   #171
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad luck for Raikkonen, but if there are any safety cars and with a clever strategy he might be able to get into the top 5.

Star of the show for me was Vettel, making Bourdais look decidedly ordinary, and Glock did well before the penalties were taken into account.

I don't understand why the drivers have spent the winter saying that the TC ban would make little difference. The cars certainly look more spectacular.

All in all a good race in prospect; well worth getting up early for.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2152563)   #172
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay! Finally saw cars moving about properly!

Fantastic, just what we all needed to see!

I'm so happy for Alonso too
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2152573)   #173
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting comment from Kubica in the post qualifying interview about the car being more stable without engine braking.
Seems BMW were doing something wrong last year!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2152584)   #174
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably my favourite moment from qualifying:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9KKQR9gNk
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2152587)   #175
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's gonna overcook it (w/o TC) into turn 1 and cause the annual massive shunt ? My guess: SeaBass....