Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Sep 2011, 06:40 (Ref:2962817)   #151
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Would love to see a few BMW NGTC cars.
Definately, I wonder if the body shell would look any different as an NGTC shell compared to the current S2000 shell.

Is there any word of any new manufactures entering the BTCC next year or 2013 as a works team? I reckon if either or even both Dynojet and RAR get a few wins in the last few rounds they-might attract attention from the companies.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2962843)   #152
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Think about it, would they really have released that statement on Tuesday night, after Autosport's print deadline, if they were quitting. Autosport must be feeling a bit stupid now!

"This evening (Tuesday) the Banbury-based team announced it will build full-spec NGTC cars for 2012, albeit without naming any potential make or model."

So for all intents and purposes the Autosport story can be ignored. It was just them trying to make a story out of not a lot, and with the announcement that followed.....well it horribly backfired!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c8nay View Post
Maybe it was an off the cuff remark by Harrison that was made into the story by Autosport, Triple 8 got wind of it and put out the statement Tuesday to quash any rumours. Just like STR did the other week. Maybe they haven't got anything solid for next year yet or at a crucial stage of negotiating and feel that rumours of them quitting would put off or confuse potential backers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's poor journalism by Autosport again. Just like the STR story the other week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
It's deliberately poor journalism really.. it makes it more of a story for them, then next week or the week after they can run another story saying 888 have "now decided to stay in the BTCC"
I'm sure my son will be delighted to learn that his journalism is so poorly regarded. Where do you think he gets his information from? These stories are not made up; it's hardly the fault of the scribe if things (apparently) get changed after going to press. I thank davyboy for a more considered approach. And just for the record, I think that unless you are actually a member of the teams in any sphere of motorsport, you'll find that the Autosport journalists are a lot closer to them than most of the rest of us are. It's part of the job.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2966525)   #153
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The Pirtek team will run Dynamics NGTC Civics next season, with the same driver line up as this year. Story over on Crash.net now. Apparently they will run exactly the same cars as the "works" Dynamics team.

This is great news, Andrew Jordan is a decent driver, and it will be interesting to see him in what should be one of the very best cars on the grid.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2966527)   #154
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
The Pirtek team will run Dynamics NGTC Civics next season, with the same driver line up as this year. Story over on Crash.net now. Apparently they will run exactly the same cars as the "works" Dynamics team.

This is great news, Andrew Jordan is a decent driver, and it will be interesting to see him in what should be one of the very best cars on the grid.
That's fantastic!
Old 6 Oct 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2966618)   #155
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Hope not... it's an awful looking road car !

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the new Civics. The Jordan's have had close ties with Dynamics before and it would make business sense for Dynamics to produce and sell the Civics as well as running a works outfit.
Telepathy... or maybe they're reading this thread
Old 6 Oct 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2966643)   #156
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The other good news in that announcement is that Pirtek have signed up to a 2 year deal with the team.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2966722)   #157
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 6 Oct 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2966764)   #158
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent news about Pirtek/Eurotech. Their Civic could be one of the best looking cars on the grid. Updated the table now Triple 8 have confirmed their switch to NGTC along with Eurotech. Also, on Tin Top Tuesday, Rob Collard said he wanted to stay with WSR, and they are both looking at NGTC machinery rather than going down the GSR route of putting an NGTC engine into an S2000 shell. NGTC BMW was mentioned a couple of times.

DriverTeamCarEngineStatus
Matt NealHonda Racing (Team Dynamics)Honda Civic NGTCNGTC Neil Brownconfirmed
Gordon SheddenHonda Racing (Team Dynamics)Honda Civic NGTCNGTC Neil Brownconfirmed
Jason PlatoSilverline (RML)Chevrolet Cruze S2000NGTC (?)probable
Alex MacDowell?Silverline (RML)Chevrolet Cruze S2000NGTC (?)probable
Paul O'Neill?GoMobile (Techspeed)Chevrolet Cruze S2000NGTC (?)probable
John George?GoMobile (Techspeed)Chevrolet Cruze S2000NGTC (?)probable
Andrew JordanPirtek RacingHonda Civic NGTCNGTC Neil Brownconfirmed
Jeff SmithPirtek RacingHonda Civic NGTCNGTC Neil Brownconfirmed
James Nash?Triple 8NGTC TBANGTC TBAconfirmed
TBATriple 8NGTC TBANGTC TBAprobable
Tom Chilton?Team Aon (Arena Motorsport)Ford Focus S2000NGTC Mountunelikely
Ton Onslow-Cole?Team Aon (Arena Motorsport)Ford Focus S2000NGTC Mountunelikely
Andy Neate?Team Aon (Arena Motorsport)Ford Focus S2000NGTC Mountunelikely
Mat JacksonAirwaves Racing (Motorbase)Ford Focus S2000NGTC Mountunelikely
TBAAirwaves Racing (Motorbase)Ford Focus S2000NGTC Mountunelikely
TBAAirwaves Racing (Motorbase)Ford Focus S2000NGTC Mountunepossible
Rob Collard?eBay Motors (WSR)BMW 320si S2000NGTC Swindon?probable
TBAeBay Motors (WSR)BMW 320si S2000NGTC Swindon?probable
Tony Gilham?Geoff Steel RacingBMW 320si S2000NGTC Swindonpossible
TBAGeoff Steel RacingBMW 320si S2000NGTC Swindonpossible
(Martin Byford? Jake Hill?)AmD/Milltek RacingVolkswagen Golf S2000NGTC Lehmannlikely
Tony HughesSpeedworks MotorsportToyota Avensis NGTCNGTC Swindonlikely
Rob AustinRob Austin RacingAudi A4 NGTCNGTC Lehmannlikely
Chris Swanick?Rob Austin RacingAudi A4 NGTCNGTC Lehmannprobable
Frank Wrathall JrDynojetToyota Avensis NGTCNGTC X-CTech-Rlikely
Tom BoardmanSpecial Tuning RacingSEAT Leon S2000NGTC Lehmannconfirmed
Dave Newsham?Special Tuning RacingSEAT Leon S2000NGTC Lehmannprobable
TBASpecial Tuning RacingSEAT Leon S2000NGTC Lehmannpossible
Dan WelchMarriott (Welch Motorsport)Proton Gen 2 NGTCNGTC Swindonlikely
Matt HamiltonTH MotorsportSkoda Octavia NGTCNGTC Lehmannconfirmed
TBAThorney MotorsportVauxhall Insignia NGTCNGTC Neil Brownconfirmed
Ginetta Supercup ChampionTBATBATBAconfirmed

In order of likeliness:

Confirmed = Confirmed by team on news sites
Likely = Everything in place, just waiting on confirmation
Probable = Unless radical things happen, it should happen
Possible = Depends on funding and sponsors, but something has been said publicly
Old 6 Oct 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2966776)   #159
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is likely that Foster will remain alongside Collard at WSR. Ben Edwards mentioned it briefly in the third race at Brands when he was on pole, saying Nick's viewing it as a three year campaign.

Plus I believe Welch Motorsport and TH Motorsport have said they aim to run two car teams next year.

Edit - just seen this from Dave Newsham's Twitter. Someone asked him whether they'd be moving to NGTC:

"It's big money, here's hoping."

Last edited by Thaw Daggerslash; 6 Oct 2011 at 18:35.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2966817)   #160
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gio was guest of 888 at Brands http://www.facebook.com/#!/888race.
Did anyone see the interview on ITV? I missed it as I was at brands...
Old 6 Oct 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2966823)   #161
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbase's Focus' are for sale in Autosport so they won't be running them next year.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2966824)   #162
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Yes, it was discussed in the Brands thread.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 00:35 (Ref:2966918)   #163
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Touring Car Times....

"Motorbase Performance have put up for sale their three Ford Focus STs, acquired just at the beginning of the year, with Ford known to be pushing for them to switch to the New Focus for 2012 after another strong season for the Wrotham-based independent team, whilst the other Ford team Arena seek to jump to the World Touring Car Championship."

That Implies to me that maybe Arena will still be off to the WTCC, and that will leave Motorbase as a semi works team in the BTCC either building an NGTC ford, or running Arena's Global Focus from this year.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2966971)   #164
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Rob Collard said he wanted to stay with WSR, and they are both looking at NGTC machinery rather than going down the GSR route of putting an NGTC engine into an S2000 shell. NGTC BMW was mentioned a couple of times.

Rob Collard?eBay Motors (WSR)BMW 320si S2000NGTC Swindon?probable
TBAeBay Motors (WSR)BMW 320si S2000NGTC Swindon?probable
Shouldn't this be
Rob Collard?eBay Motors (WSR)BMW NGTC (?)NGTC Swindon?probable
TBAeBay Motors (WSR)BMW NGTC (?)NGTC Swindon?probable
Old 7 Oct 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2967170)   #165
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na THORNEY!!!

Looks brilliant.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2967175)   #166
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Holy Wheel-arches, Batman!
Old 7 Oct 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2967272)   #167
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still think Munich did the best Batmobile in the early 1970s

A very good effort on the Insignia though... maybe Vauxhall could learn a lesson on how to make the road car better looking.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2967287)   #168
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Nice looking car for a Vauxhall!

Just one thing though - thought they were aiming for two cars out at Silverstone? Guess they didn't get the second car ready in time, but great effort none the less to get one car ready.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2967293)   #169
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Nice looking car for a Vauxhall!

Just one thing though - thought they were aiming for two cars out at Silverstone? Guess they didn't get the second car ready in time, but great effort none the less to get one car ready.
It was never the plan - although they do plan to build two or more for 2012.

http://www.touring-cars.net/2011/09/...ogressing-well
Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2967338)   #170
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Ah, okay, thanks. Must have mis-read.
Old 15 Oct 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2971684)   #171
medius
Veteran

England

''Created by the team at GPR Motorsport, the chassis development experts behind the ‘Next Generation Touring Car’ concept, the 2012 Avensis is expected to offer significant benefits when it hits the track.

“There is a lot more airflow through the new front end,” says GPRM’s Gary Blackham, “and that will aid engine cooling and performance, with more air flowing to the intercooler. But the new front end and styling changes are not the end of the story, because many lessons were learned during the Toyota’s maiden season of competition and there are significant changes under the skin also.”''

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-toyota-...enger-unveiled
Old 15 Oct 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2971686)   #172
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't even realise there was going to be an updated Avensis built. Where is the money coming from for all this?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2972505)   #173
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I didn't even realise there was going to be an updated Avensis built. Where is the money coming from for all this?
Toyota ?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2972604)   #174
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would it be too much to not rule out a Toyota semi-factory effort?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2972627)   #175
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Would it be too much to not rule out a Toyota semi-factory effort?
I think they have already provided some support to Frank Wrathall, particularly on engine development.