Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 7 Sep 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2283216)   #151
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just don't seem to like the look of the double back, at all. but I can't think of the best way to reomve it completely. I'm saying this, because all adjustments tht I'd make involve losing it. this is because the entry to T1 is the only opportunity that I can see for overtaking.

Either:

1) Remove the top chicane. Connect the track between the hairpin leading in to the switchback (5 I think) to the corner leading to the bottom 90 right. Then make the same 90 right a hairpin, connecting back to the straight after the original location of the first hairpin tightening the top part of the circuit in to a hairpin similar to the inner part, conecting on the third branch from the straight, which inverts the corner. The final change would be to change the corner in to a consant radius leading on to the shortened back straight, diregarding the unused corners (the tight inner part of the double).

I'll draw it in paint if you are confused.

OR

2) disregard the loop entirely, connect the first hairpin aformentioned in the same way, make the top corner a sweeper, and remove the chicane.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 14:38 (Ref:2283397)   #152
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The other obvious way to get rid of the doubling back section...or atleast make is considerably less bunched up would be a cross over. and allow a more flowing back sectio with overtaking into the chicane.

But then that's an altogether different circuit...I'll get my coat

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 7 Sep 2008 at 14:41.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2283914)   #153
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
heh, dw SBF, everyone has a solution, even when i guessed wrong about the change earlier.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2284240)   #154
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't like it! That's a shame.

@Tathrim & SBF: Go ahead and make an edit. I'd be interested to see what you'd do with it.

If you want, you can comment on the previous 2 I posted.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 05:50 (Ref:2289454)   #155
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
OK then NEXT! This one is an edit of Twin Ring Motegi in Japan. I have an image from racingciruits.net and a sorta detailed sketch of it. I didn't copy or trace the track but I was good enough to come up with a drawing that looked basically the same.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with it the way it is, but if I could change things this is what I would do to it... It's pretty self-explanatory so you could work it out quite easily by yourselves.

For me, there's a downside to it all. Whether the whole edit is feasible in real life is probably unlikely because of the oval sitting above some of the areas I would change. So I'll leave it to anyone to comment on what they think. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Motegi.gif   Twin Ring Motegi (D.C Revision).jpg  
Old 14 Sep 2008, 05:52 (Ref:2289455)   #156
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Is there something wrong with the gif pic I've used.....? The picture doesn't come up at all, just a little red cross.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2289525)   #157
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilkeWannabe
Is there something wrong with the gif pic I've used.....? The picture doesn't come up at all, just a little red cross.
it works for me
Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2289531)   #158
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Weird. Waddya think though?

Just looking at my edit, I could've made the second pit & paddock are a bit bigger, well that is why I went round a bit wider so there was more space for a bigger pit & paddock area. Duuh!

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 14 Sep 2008 at 08:46.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2289663)   #159
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it looks alrite, i dont really know the current track so i cant compare it to that but on its own it looks good
Old 14 Sep 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2289759)   #160
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see both pix, too.

Seems like a nice edit to Motegi, made a really nice Spaniard-type bike track out of it. I like almost all the corners more than the original's. Good job, thumbs up!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2290526)   #161
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Thx bio. Like I said before, it probably wouldn't be feasible in the real world because of the oval, but if it wasn't there it would be great.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2290888)   #162
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Without some serious gradient changes I think each loop of the track would pretty much drive the same way, and bevery repetative to the driver.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2291176)   #163
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a fan of Motegi in its current form as well, but as an edit this track does a good job of fixing some of the issues of the real course- such as loosening some of the overly tight hairpins at the end of every long straightaway. However it mostly keeps intact the one great section of the circuit - turns 5, 6 and 7. Well done Tilke.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 03:22 (Ref:2291418)   #164
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I like that part too Stiggy.Thx guys

@SBF: The track would be different though.....but thx for the comment.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2298783)   #165
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Time for a new track. This one is for Finland and I call it The Lakes because Suomi (Finland, means 'the land of 1000 lakes' if I'm not mistaken) there are many lakes in Finland.

I'm sick of looking at my creations in inverted form so I've decided to un-invert them from now on because it looks better and not to colour them in because that ruins the effort I put into them to draw them neatly because it looks better and.....well that's about it. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Lakes.jpg  
Old 27 Sep 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2298987)   #166
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
I like it, it's a good shape. My only concern would be the runoff before Bridge (changing the direction would help this) .
Old 27 Sep 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2299098)   #167
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Generally it's Ok... too many hairpin or near 180 degree corners for my own taste.

The placement of the bridge does need some thought. For the direction indicated, you have to think about the bridge itself. How big the footings our be, and as such how close the corner before and the one after are to allow for run-off...plus of course the circuit that passes underneath it.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 03:47 (Ref:2299280)   #168
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Just looking at it now, it would work fine if it were to become a clockwise track. I figured that overpass would be a bit problematic, but it doesn't matter. Thx guys, much appreciated.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2299846)   #169
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would change the direction and maybe add something on one of the straightaways after going under the bridge. I like the turn 3 and 4 section that runs near the grandstand - if you add elevation into the mix it could be a very challenging fast corner. Good job!
Old 29 Sep 2008, 03:46 (Ref:2299990)   #170
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Thx stiggy.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2301700)   #171
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Time for another. I'm planning to put as many on as I can while the school holidays are on.

This one I've called Ijsselmeer International Circuit and obviously I'd plan for it to be put somewhere in the Ijsselmeer are in the Netherlands (Maybe I could get some advice from Werner on this one, knowing the area and all). Because that area is alongside the North Sea and most of it is below sea level, it may be regarded as a fantasy track if not possile in the real world.

Now, the track has potential overtaking spots at turns 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14 and 15. The pit and paddock area may be shown as rather small, but that's just the pit building. There are no other shorter configurations for this track (not that I don't want any for this particular track).

That's about it. Say what you will about it. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Ijsselmeer.jpg  
Old 3 Oct 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2303550)   #172
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
You'd get a better chance at the top left if you got rid of that chicane and tightened the hairpin. Else, I like it, especially the flowing top.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 20:09 (Ref:2303650)   #173
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
There is a lot of track there for your 5.17km, the S/F would be about 800m. I'd be a little more generous and call it 6km.

I can't say I agree with all your overtaking spots, you have named a lot of open corners and by my count T4 is the middle apex of a wiggle section. And T7 is the second apex of the chicane.

I agree with Tathrim, either the chicane or the Hairpin, but not both.
For the Chicane take out T4 and arc the Exit of T3 into T5.
For the Hairpin ret rid of the chicane and straight line into the Hairpin.

The long arc above the S/F, perhaps straighten out the end of it into a 90(ish) corner that would then curve up towards the top right section. That would give you 3 definite overtaking chances at T1, the chicane or Hairpin and the corner I've just suggested, with the final corner being a win-it-or-bin-it chance.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2304488)   #174
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I'll come up with an edit ASAP, it won't be anything special though.

Thx for the comments
Old 8 Oct 2008, 06:28 (Ref:2306604)   #175
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Does this tickle your fancy SBF??

Sorry I didn't read some of your reply, had too much on my mind on how to change it with the suggestions you've already made and some aren't there (Obviously). Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Ijsselmeer edit for SBF.jpg  

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 8 Oct 2008 at 06:33.