Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:38 (Ref:2235294)   #151
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He gets on well with Ambrose, so I don't see much of a problem really.

What a dumb bit of driving though, so frustrating.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:39 (Ref:2235295)   #152
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the Ambrose incident at best cost JPM 20 points (there is no way anyone was going to beat Busch today). All in all 6th is good considering the spin. However, since Kenseth managed to get 8th after the attrition JPM only gained 18 points on 12th.

Kenseth is now up to 12th as bonzai Harvick falls out of the Chase zone to 13th. JPM is now up to 19th in points.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:41 (Ref:2235296)   #153
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Haha, nice comments from Stewart post race.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2235297)   #154
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What did Stewart say? I don't get TNT in my dorm so I was watching the online feed and listening to MRN. They haven't interviewed Stewart yet.

Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:44 (Ref:2235298)   #155
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Juan would have been able to challenge Kyle but Marcos deprived him of the opportunity. After the spin the car did not seem anything like as good as it was earlier. So P6 after all is not a bad save - could so easily have been t-boned when he was broadside across the track and ended up with another P38.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2235300)   #156
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he had a go at the interviewer for asking the same question twice regarding the harvick incident - stewart said he had to watch the video before making a comment...
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:54 (Ref:2235303)   #157
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What in the hell were the marshals waving a blue flag for after #44, stuffed into the tyres beside them

Muppet of the Race: Pruett
Old 23 Jun 2008, 01:13 (Ref:2235309)   #158
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
lol I wish I had seen it.

Old 23 Jun 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2235333)   #159
TheSuicideKing
Rookie

TheSuicideKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
It's pretty surprising. Ambrose's performance isn't that surprising actually - street racers should blatantly be faster than the oval racers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
These NASCAR guys are really rubbish on road courses, Franchitti should cream them.
sigh. More bashing from moderators.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 02:27 (Ref:2235337)   #160
TheSuicideKing
Rookie

TheSuicideKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12
What in the hell were the marshals waving a blue flag for after #44, stuffed into the tyres beside them

Muppet of the Race: Pruett
blue flags are used in place of corner yellows at NASCAR races
Old 23 Jun 2008, 03:09 (Ref:2235343)   #161
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
After seeing the video I have to say Harvick's wreck was amusing. He did basically what JPM did at Watkins Glen last year--except that Harvick caused it himself while JPM was punted by Truex. It is ironic that the guy who threw a big temper tantrum over this at the last road course race pulled the same stunt in the next one and managed to take out three other cars in the process.

Old 23 Jun 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2235519)   #162
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuicideKing
How was I bashing? I was complementing.

Sign. More bashing from the mortals.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2235561)   #163
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
After seeing the video I have to say Harvick's wreck was amusing. He did basically what JPM did at Watkins Glen last year--except that Harvick caused it himself while JPM was punted by Truex. It is ironic that the guy who threw a big temper tantrum over this at the last road course race pulled the same stunt in the next one and managed to take out three other cars in the process.
That's exactly how I saw it! Almost a carbon-copy of the incident from the Glen last year but without the initial punt! No doubt if Tony comes knocking on his door he might get a taste of his own medicine. Interestingly that move of Harvick's dropped him outside of the Chase positions....it made Ambrose's similarly dumb move look mild by comparison!
Old 23 Jun 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2235812)   #164
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The irony of the incident was not lost on me either I must say. Tough Guy Harvick is the ultimate hypocrite, joining the ranks of Tony Stewart!

I think JPM could have had a real go at Busch. Whilst I think that the 18 was undoubtedly the better car, JPM is the better road course racer and I think if he'd had a restart opportunity then it would have been very uncomfortable for Busch.

Nevertheless, 6th is not bad. It could easily have been much worse.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2235814)   #165
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuicideKing
Yes, you're the guy who accused me of bashing GrandAm when I spent an entire thread defending it aren't you?
Old 23 Jun 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2235835)   #166
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad Ambrose had too ruin it yesterday, I think he had a good shot at victory with all the restarts in the end. At least he maked the best of it and got another top 10. With Indy and Infinion coming up we still have a good shot this year I think.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2235873)   #167
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
JPM said he wasn't pushing so he could save the car for the end. When he did he kept pace with Busch. He even closed ground on Busch at one point. I think that is believable. He was slow after almost every restart when the tires were cold and Busch would pull away to a 2 second lead by the time JPM got going. He would then pull away from McMurray and be running by himself in second so there was no point to go all out since he wasn't going to erase a 3-4 second gap. He must have realized that if he was better than Busch it was only marginally so and that he needed to wait, as he said, for a late restart to make a move. It is unfortunate that he didn't get a chance to fight for the win but if he didn't get spun by Ambrose he probably would have been taken out in the Harvick wreck and finished even worse.

What was most encouraging about his run was that he had more speed than he did last year, which makes sense given his rookie status in 2007. This bodes well for Watkins Glen where he was on his way to a top 5 last year and hopefully he can win there this year. Keep in mind Jeff Gordon, NASCAR's best road racer ever, took six races to win at Sonoma and four to win at Watkins Glen. Similarly Stewart took three tries to win at Sonoma and four to win at Watkins Glen. Interestingly neither finished in the top 10 in his first Sears Point race. In contrast Montoya won in his first Sonoma race, would have won his second one or at least finished 2nd, and had a top 5 run going at Watkins Glen. Of course, JPM has far more road racing experience than either but they also had more stock car experience, more oval experience, and top tier equipment unlike Montoya.

Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2235900)   #168
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice race, Kyle won, and Gilliland was second with his gorgeously purple Ford. Pity about Montoya and Ambrose and Fellows.

Harwick has some more to learn, how to make a succesful brake drift, maybe he should call to Keiichi Tsuchiya?
Old 24 Jun 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2236457)   #169
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The irony of the incident was not lost on me either I must say. Tough Guy Harvick is the ultimate hypocrite, joining the ranks of Tony Stewart!
Haha I thought exactly that too, Imagine if Montoya was still up in front and he took him out too, then it'd be on!

Good run from Ambrose, pity he took out Montoya, and then ran into by Sadler, Brian Pattie (Montoya's CC) lookied like he was about to cry!

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock