Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 May 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3071778)   #151
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yup I seem to remember the Radical LMP2 was designed and built on a shoe-string budget, so it was more through necessity than choice that no wind tunnel time was allowed for.........but that aside, Martin Shorts organisation did a good job with the Radical LMP2 compared to what was achieved with the WF thing, it was less of a success than the radical if I remember rightly, shame as it really looked the part.
Old 9 May 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3071783)   #152
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I must say it really does show how dated the radical had become, aerodynamically its become a bit of a brick, so it will be interesting to see how "updated" it really has become.....
My guess: it'll be about as "updated" and competitive as Lola AER of Autocon last year...
Old 9 May 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3071790)   #153
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well as it turns out, once a proper driver was installed in the Lola-AER V8 LMP1 (Jonny Mowlem) it went like a missile, that was a very quick car in the right hands..... the main problem being it was driven by a bunch of idiots who couldnt drive a greasy pole up a donkeys backside.......with regard to Libra, I think Andrew, Rusty and this new chap will be a significant improvement over the useless autocon pilots........if they play their luck right and dont make stupid mistekes they could pull off a credible result.
Old 9 May 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3071793)   #154
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ouch, some harsh words for the Autocon pilots. They are very respectable and humble people (Willman, Burgess, McMurry, Lewis). I think calling them useless and idiots is going a bit too far...
Old 9 May 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3071803)   #155
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
yup I seem to remember the Radical LMP2 was designed and built on a shoe-string budget, so it was more through necessity than choice that no wind tunnel time was allowed for.........but that aside, Martin Shorts organisation did a good job with the Radical LMP2 compared to what was achieved with the WF thing, it was less of a success than the radical if I remember rightly, shame as it really looked the part.
As I remember, the Radical in Shorty and Rollcentre's hands was quick but unreliable- they collected a lot of DNFs with it in 2006, the real heartbreaker being Donington where they'd led LMP2 for much of the race, until the car wouldn't start after a pitstop very late in the race (last scheduled stop IIRC?). They did get a 4th in class at the Nurburgring though.

The Embassy/WF in 2008/9 seemed to fit the same fast but fragile mould the Radical had in 06- a couple of 4th places (Nurburgring in '08, and Silverstone in '09, when they made a return as 'Team WFR'), and 3rd on the road at Silverstone in '08 before a post-race penalty dumped them down the order, but also a few DNFs and mid-pack P2 finishes.

I wouldn't expect much from the Radical now- it's an old car, but hopefully if Libra can get some decent race mileage on it for once, we might at least get an idea of what potential the Roush engine has got, and hopefully they'll be able to put it into something more modern for next year
Old 9 May 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3071811)   #156
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
Ouch, some harsh words for the Autocon pilots. They are very respectable and humble people (Willman, Burgess, McMurry, Lewis). I think calling them useless and idiots is going a bit too far...
Indeed - the Autocon guys are a great credit to the ALMS. Sure, they're not the quickest, but they made no pretense to be anything else and doing it purely out of a love for the sport.
Old 10 May 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3072030)   #157
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love the Autocon guys, hopefully they get a ride together for the remainder of this season and get a full season in next year, too.

As for the Ford, it sounds brilliant. Like I've said before, I want them in the ballpark that's all I desire for race number one.

Chris
Old 10 May 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3072259)   #158
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
so the big question is do you want the black or gold package, you pays your money and takes your choice!......seems to be some sort of corporate hospitality gig run around the Project Libra race team and ALMS calendar.

http://www.blackngoldx.com/default.aspx
Old 10 May 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3072274)   #159
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so the big question is do you want the black or gold package, you pays your money and takes your choice!......seems to be some sort of corporate hospitality gig run around the Project Libra race team and ALMS calendar.

http://www.blackngoldx.com/default.aspx
That is a joke, right?
Old 10 May 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3072278)   #160
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
well I guess the sebring and long beach corporate events were a ball!!!!
Old 10 May 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3072284)   #161
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The colors look septic , but at least it turned up .
Old 10 May 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3072478)   #162
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Black and gold? We have a budget generic supermarket brand here in Oz called black and gold, wouldnt imagine linking it to corporate hospitality. Although when I first saw their webpage I thought Lotus...
Old 11 May 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3072483)   #163
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
As for the Ford, it sounds brilliant. Like I've said before, I want them in the ballpark that's all I desire for race number one.
Must have pretty big ballparks over there!
Old 11 May 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3072490)   #164
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Must have pretty big ballparks over there!
We do

But so far tonight they have posted times faster than the GT cars. That sounds pretty good to me for the first go at it.
Old 11 May 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3072578)   #165
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Black and gold? We have a budget generic supermarket brand here in Oz called black and gold, wouldnt imagine linking it to corporate hospitality. Although when I first saw their webpage I thought Lotus...
Yes, the theme for this season seems to be either black & gold, or Gulf blue & orange....

Is there a world shortage of other paint colours or something.....?
Old 11 May 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3072579)   #166
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We do

But so far tonight they have posted times faster than the GT cars. That sounds pretty good to me for the first go at it.
It certainly sounds like a better starting point than anything else they've done recently...
Old 11 May 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3072690)   #167
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That sounds pretty good to me for the first go at it.
Now , your kiddin , right !!!

What happened to the 2000 miles of trouble free testing ? Was that trouble free trundleing , or trouble free high speed testing , we didnt hear .
Old 11 May 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3072698)   #168
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
last time out in 2010 with the 4.0L IES nissan V8 the Libra was slower than the LMPC cars, so I'm interested to see their pace relative to the LMPC teams, its a bit too early to tell just yet, so lets wait till after the race......even back in 2010 I seem to remember they liked a bit of trundeling about in the practice sessions, god knows why they do it :-/
Old 12 May 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3072881)   #169
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
last time out in 2010 with the 4.0L IES nissan V8 the Libra was slower than the LMPC cars, so I'm interested to see their pace relative to the LMPC teams, its a bit too early to tell just yet, so lets wait till after the race......even back in 2010 I seem to remember they liked a bit of trundeling about in the practice sessions, god knows why they do it :-/
1:21.5 in qualifying...behind all but one LMPC...
Old 12 May 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3072882)   #170
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
To be honest, that's about the best I expected from them. It's probably better than any of their more recent entries. If they run 3 or 4 hours tomorrow, I'd think they would be pretty satisfied. Hopefully they gain some speed throughout the season.
Old 12 May 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3072983)   #171
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Certainly looks like their 2000 miles of testing went well then !!!
Old 12 May 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3073146)   #172
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the new engine hasn't gone bang yet which is a start. The morre laps they do the faster it will get. How much faster though...
Old 12 May 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3073254)   #173
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting to see puffs of black smoke coming out of the Ford. Very similar to the diesels.
Old 12 May 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3073312)   #174
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting to see puffs of black smoke coming out of the Ford. Very similar to the diesels.
Indeed, couldn't tell if it was on initial throttle or on gear changes. But I saw that as well. At least it's still running. (Knock on wood.)

Chris
Old 12 May 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3073314)   #175
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the very least, the car is lacking in top speed. About 3-4 MPH off the Level 5 HPDS and the Conquest Morgan-Nissan