Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2703877)   #151
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to Ten-Tenths, sime1070.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2703895)   #152
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sime1070 View Post
Looking forward it will be interesting to see how Webber performs over the next couple of races... Seb was expected to improve with his 'new' car which if he had would have given us a reason for why Webber has been dusting him... didn't happen!
Only concern is if all of a sudden Webber form drops off - conspiracy theorists aside - I think Seb is the annointed one!
In the meantime as an Australian and a bloke (also) in his 30's GO MARK GO!
Vettel was quicker than Webber in Q1 and Q2, but not in Q3 due to the rollbar problems apparently. Only my opinion - but I rekon that Vettel would have had the measure of Webber had it not been for that problem.

Good on Webber for making the most of the last couple of races - "make hay while the sun shines". But I would not be surprised to see Vettel shading it for pace in next couple of races. It will sure be interesting, especially if the McLarens can keep applying the pressure to both of them.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2705904)   #153
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had another look at parts of the race on the weekend, and something I don't think has had much consideration was Webber setting a string of fastest laps later in the race - how "critical" can the fuel situation have been on lap 40 if he was able to do that later in the race? Yes he would have saved some fuel in the 2 slow laps with half a front wing, but could that have made so much of a difference?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2705912)   #154
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Good point! I had not connected those dots- well done.
No way he saved that kind of fuel, the "slow" laps with the broken wing would not have made any difference as they were probably just slow due to lack of front grip.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2705943)   #155
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also had new tyres while everyone else's were shot.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2706277)   #156
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the FIA should step in, tell every team to run full tanks and therefore no more cruising...
Old 7 Jun 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2706346)   #157
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and if they don't run enough fuel they should penalise them by making them run slower for a few laps.
er.

They is penalty enough. Being slower that someone who did their sums right is enough.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2706434)   #158
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna
I think the FIA should step in, tell every team to run full tanks and therefore no more cruising...
I'd rather have the most variables as possible and if a driver isn't able to maintain his fuel then that is another variable added to the mix.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2706512)   #159
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW! This is an interesting read! Tell us how it is Adrian!

http://www.planetf1.com/off-on-f1/61...f-Newey-53-3-4
Old 8 Jun 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2706517)   #160
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
WOW! This is an interesting read! Tell us how it is Adrian!

http://www.planetf1.com/off-on-f1/61...f-Newey-53-3-4
You do realise it isn't really him, don't you?
Old 8 Jun 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2706518)   #161
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...so its a beat up? I know i am stupid, seems the rest of the forum now knows it too!
Old 11 Jun 2010, 02:59 (Ref:2708853)   #162
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it was funny though
Old 11 Jun 2010, 04:34 (Ref:2708870)   #163
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I somehow think the bit about the Aussie Swearing is actually true!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Jun 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2708969)   #164
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
makes me think of Montoya--- "F***ing, F***ing Raikkonin, he's such a F***ing idiot!"

youtube that one, Raik brake tested him at Spa I think, makes me laugh each time I see it (that and the "oh dear" one from the Austrian GP)
Old 11 Jun 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2708982)   #165
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ HAHA that's so funny!

Selby
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2711601)   #166
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thread title change, reverse the names?

EDIT: No wait, just found out it was a gearbox issue for Vettel.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2711797)   #167
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

EDIT: No wait, just found out it was a gearbox issue for Vettel.
CH: "We are managing an issue". Which is code for "You may as well stay where you are mate because your race is run".

How many races has this gearbox had on Vettel's car?

I can hardly wait to see what new reliabilty issue Red Bull can come up with next.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2711845)   #168
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They managed to have radio failures yesterday. They are quite remarkable.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2711863)   #169
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
You should see where Adrian Newey designed the aerial to go.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2711884)   #170
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
You should see where Adrian Newey designed the aerial to go.
Did it double up as a rear suspension pull rod?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2711902)   #171
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Let's put it this way. Instead of Helmut Marko talking out of his a**e, he's talking out of Vettel's.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2711906)   #172
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
They managed to have radio failures yesterday. They are quite remarkable.
They seem to be the new pre-96 'Ferrari'.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 01:41 (Ref:2712319)   #173
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
They seem to be the new pre-96 'Ferrari'.
..... except fast.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2712477)   #174
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny how Webber came out of the pits with new tyres and got within 2 seconds of Vettle and could not get any closer?
The last lap Vettle was just about coasting & Webber was still unable to get any closer than 2 seconds?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2712481)   #175
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It was looking dead-cert for another Red Bull tussle. Why did this not happen? Did they ask Webber to slow down?

Selby