Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Sep 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2756928)   #151
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Sounds good to me - how does this fit with the racers' schedule?
Saturday afternoon is fine for those of us in the Fordwater Trophy as our race is the first on Sunday morning. Not so good as we'll have to be good on Saturday night at the gala shin-dig.....
Old 9 Sep 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2756930)   #152
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem as I see it is that us oiks who are spectating can't access the driver's areas and the great and the good who have entries will be too tied up with racing or socalising at the various bun fights in the evening. So unless it's a lunchtime break get together in a public area we are destined to be separated by a picket fence.

Therefore either Sat or Sun lunchtime somewhere (is Spitfires on the infield next to the aeroplane concours and therefore near the paddocks?) we can all get to quickly and easily would seem to be a good solution.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2757000)   #153
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Been a bit quiet on the get together will tell you all why in a couple of days. If all goes well i was going to suggest the Delta truck/Motor home which i hope will be parked together in the field somewhere then all Drivers Mechanics and spectators can access and we can have a good old natter. Will report in this Sunday evening.You have probaly guessed by now i have not got a drive so a word of warning to all you lucky drivers i will be probaly be a grumpy old bloke when you see me.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2757014)   #154
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Iain - grumpy? well I would never have thought it possible
Old 12 Sep 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2757981)   #155
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just been thumbing through the official [version 3] timetable, if you take in all the 'goings on' there is a fair chance of all us being in situ for the following year's event!... + by the time Thursday morning we will probably be on version 7

Last edited by p261brm; 12 Sep 2010 at 11:00. Reason: addition
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2758090)   #156
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Been a bit quiet on the get together will tell you all why in a couple of days. If all goes well i was going to suggest the Delta truck/Motor home which i hope will be parked together in the field somewhere then all Drivers Mechanics and spectators can access and we can have a good old natter. Will report in this Sunday evening.You have probaly guessed by now i have not got a drive so a word of warning to all you lucky drivers i will be probaly be a grumpy old bloke when you see me.

You - grumpy old bloke??? Don't believe it - despite all things taken into account. Best of and all that chap.

I will be up Thur night thro' to Sun pm. Family up Fri night leaving Sat pm. Even by my basic maths that means Nick JM will be available for entertainment, cheering up grumpy old fellas, hatchings and matchings, batmizthas and birthdays catered for, for Thur and Sat night. Will meet all likeminded for pre prandials and general conviviality Spitfire bar immediately after last race/pratice on each evening. There. What could be simpler. Perhaps some dinner afterwards, dancing maybe...who knows where it may lead. See you there or text on 07949 192 562 if you have arranged a plan elsewhere. Skentellytubby already booked in. See you there
Old 12 Sep 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2758221)   #157
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
You - grumpy old bloke??? Don't believe it - despite all things taken into account. Best of and all that chap.

I will be up Thur night thro' to Sun pm. Family up Fri night leaving Sat pm. Even by my basic maths that means Nick JM will be available for entertainment, cheering up grumpy old fellas, hatchings and matchings, batmizthas and birthdays catered for, for Thur and Sat night. Will meet all likeminded for pre prandials and general conviviality Spitfire bar immediately after last race/pratice on each evening. There. What could be simpler. Perhaps some dinner afterwards, dancing maybe...who knows where it may lead. See you there or text on 07949 192 562 if you have arranged a plan elsewhere. Skentellytubby already booked in. See you there
Nick's become the Ten Tenths Social Secretary!! You missed Diwali out of your list though?

We'll be at 'The Ship' in the town centre on Sat night if anyone fancies it after a few drinks at the track (for those who aren't lucky enough to be at the Ball that is! We are at 'The Spur' at Slindon on Friday night if anyone is around)

Kennels fully booked all weekend, which is a shame.

Ian, have you got your back up plan all sorted? I was rather looking forward to supping tea from your best bone china!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2758528)   #158
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been a GRRC member since its first year but have not yet been to teh Kennels - is it as good as it looks?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2758571)   #159
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have a Canadian driver over with his FJ. Does anyone know if he is allowed to run his on board camera at Goodwood .
Old 13 Sep 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2758580)   #160
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Probably best to speak to the BARC on that one. Not sure who the Clerk is so a call to Ian Watson might be a good idea?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2758602)   #161
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I have been a GRRC member since its first year but have not yet been to teh Kennels - is it as good as it looks?
Hi Simon

Yes it is good there, very relaxed especially if the weather is nice and you can sit out on the terrace. Food, service and ambience really very good.

The waiters and waitresses are a little on the young side which means they don't quite get humour yet (example - me telling them to "pop our wine in the freezer for ten mins because it's not quite cool enough" went down like a lead balloon)

It'll be the first year we've not been during Revival, a great shame.

Simon
Old 13 Sep 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2758623)   #162
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
We have a Canadian driver over with his FJ. Does anyone know if he is allowed to run his on board camera at Goodwood .
You need to get permission from the Goodwood Press Office which I guess means filling in the standard disclaimer. The Press Office is next to the replica garage / Earl's Court on the infield.

The finals specifically state that the equipment must be in place for scrutineering - but again, normal procedure.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2758649)   #163
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain,

He should be fine as long as he gets permission. The final instructions mention quite strongly the need to get authorisation to do this.

I sent an email to the press officer, Janet Bradley - Janet.Bradley AT goodwood DOT com - asking for persmission to use my onboard camera 'for personal use only', and received a friendly email back saying that was fine, and could they have a copy of the footage for their archive.

I did think they might have wanted a drivers' view a bit nearer the front of the grid!

So, no problem, but he does need to email.

James

Quote:
Old 13 Sep 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2758804)   #164
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks guy,s will do.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2759467)   #165
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Weather looking good for Fri and Sat rain all day on Sunday. But this is Britain so....
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2759673)   #166
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Weather looking good for Fri and Sat rain all day on Sunday. But this is Britain so....
I prefer the forecast at weather-forecast.com - it says sunny all weekend.

Just been past the circuit this morning, the competitors car park already looks half full of motor homes....

I'm taking 2 WSMs down this afternoon, my Midget and the MGB that I've been garaging for the past few weeks.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2759722)   #167
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I am looking forward to meeting some of the lucky Fordwater competitors on Friday: I am the owner of the red MG Lenham that someone photographed at the Silverstone Classic this year. I bought the car in March from Barrie Williams and unfortunatley I missed the chance to enter it for Goodwood this year.
To all competitors, I hope you have a great race weekend and I will be the chap peeping through the fence green with envy!

Ian.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2759758)   #168
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I am looking forward to meeting some of the lucky Fordwater competitors on Friday: I am the owner of the red MG Lenham that someone photographed at the Silverstone Classic this year. I bought the car in March from Barrie Williams and unfortunatley I missed the chance to enter it for Goodwood this year.
To all competitors, I hope you have a great race weekend and I will be the chap peeping through the fence green with envy!

Ian.
Nice car, shame you couldn't get your car in Fordwater in time. Did you drive a good price with Barrie!!?

Are you actually coming to G/W as a spectator?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2759773)   #169
Burfs
Rookie

"Did you drive a good bargain with Barrie" I tried, but you know his driving style - all sideways and swervy!!

I'm at G/W as a spectator, yes. My company have taken a table in the Salvadori pavilion so I am hosting a few guests....would much much rather be driving however........
Old 15 Sep 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2759784)   #170
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If your MG is the Kamm tailed one I saw at an HSCC meeting earlier in the year you are a lucky chap - its very pretty
Old 15 Sep 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2759802)   #171
Burfs
Rookie

Thank you, yes that is the one. It has a bit of history, being rallied by Gordon Howie in historic rallies (it was blue then) before being bought by Barrie Williams, who sprayed it red. I am competing in the HSCC HRS series with it. She is great fun to drive, just a little heavy at the moment so over winter she is going on a bit of a diet to shed a few pounds (like replacing the rear glass window with a perspex one!)
Old 15 Sep 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2759803)   #172
simon drabble
Veteran

Have fun in it - its refreshingly different.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2759878)   #173
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post

Ian.
Hi Ian

Come over to the Fordwater paddock and say hello, we don't bite - well most of us don't.......

I've just got back from parking up a pair of WSMs at the circuit and am pleased that all four Wussums are together in the paddock. In honour of this, my wife has posed the question "what do you call a 'collective' of Wussums?".
Old 15 Sep 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2759885)   #174
Burfs
Rookie

Thank you, will do. See you on Friday. Fingers crossed for the weather!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2759889)   #175
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thinking about going as a spectator on Sunday!