Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2947378)   #151
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I normally really enjoy the British TV commentary during F1 races but the bias towards Hamilton made me lose some respect for the new pairing. They were bordering on blatant lies to defend him, plus comments like what is kobayashi doing trying to race another car on track?

Ridiculous, otherwise it was a great race. Very disappointed to see Ricciardo out of the race, I was hoping to see how he would perform over the distance after a great early start.

And seriously Webber, I am a big fan, but sort out your starts already for crying out loud.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2947410)   #152
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Only when it is so obviously undeniable does the arrogant Hamateur admit he's wrong after yet another supreme example of incompetence and lack of consideration for fellow competitors. Does this guy have to kill someone before he gets a serious message (like a ban). He is officially out of control now.
What a total overreaction...
Old 29 Aug 2011, 03:27 (Ref:2947432)   #153
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Only when it is so obviously undeniable does the arrogant Hamateur admit he's wrong after yet another supreme example of incompetence and lack of consideration for fellow competitors. Does this guy have to kill someone before he gets a serious message (like a ban). He is officially out of control now.
Whitmarsh needs to have a good hard look at himself too with the typical McLaren "we are always right" attitude. Luckily they have Jenson Button to bring at least some credibility and class to their team.
I hope they bite better for you than the fish did for me Deeks
Old 29 Aug 2011, 05:27 (Ref:2947447)   #154
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I hope they bite better for you than the fish did for me Deeks
Unfortunately I fear it is actually what he believes and not just a troll.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 05:36 (Ref:2947451)   #155
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The British are very loyal, I remember many instances they would favour Damon Hill, Mansell ect
Old 29 Aug 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2947466)   #156
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Championship is basically over. They might as well focus on next years car. Unless Vettel drops out a race and has terrible luck the rest of the year, there's no way, even if Hamilton or Button or Webber won the rest of the races. All he has to do is finish 8th the rest of the way and it's a done deal. To be honest, this season is kind of bland. Almost as bad as 04.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 06:21 (Ref:2947468)   #157
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*yawn*.

Moving on, the pass by Webber through Eau Rouge was pretty spectacular but it demonstrates one of two things; either the cars are soo much more driveable now or, Eau Rouge is not nearly the corner it once was. I subscribe to the latter because there have been two notable deaths there in previous eras, both as a result of failed overtaking moves.

On a personal note I'd like to say that Senna impressed me in qualifying. He was a bit of a dork in the race but he had the balls to admit his failings. So I look forward to his next race.

Maldonado on the other hand seems a bit flakey to say the least.

Notable points in the race:

Massa on Rosberg through Blanchiment. The Webber pass on Alonso mentioned above. 90% of the passes put in by Button and especially the move on Massa at the chicane; well done to Felipe there too. Schumacher's first lap. Rosberg actually leading a race.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2947481)   #158
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say it is a bit of both for Eau Rouge. It hasn't been changed in the last few years and in DTM five or so years ago (after the change), there was still a huge crash after a failed overtake. So it can still go horribly wrong, even though they've lessened the corner a bit. I am sure you know more about that than I as you have raced there.

For one of the deaths we also have to keep in mind that they greatly changed the run-offs as well. That death (Bellof), even with the same cars as back then, probably would not happen anymore with the change run-off.

Then the cars are easier to handle AND Alonso actually did not close the door but opened back up and probably let off a bit.

So, all together, yeah, it might be easier to pass there now but it is still ballsy as hell to actually do it.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2947485)   #159
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed, I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't a great pass.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2947552)   #160
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton does seem to be treading a similar path to other Brits of his generation who find themselves in the limelight. A path that makes me wonder about how we bring up our children and what kind of expectations we plant in their brains.

In fact a very similar path to Joey Barton the footballer.

The first stage is to react petulantly having done wrong and claim you are the victim, you were right all along and it's everybody else's fault. (Commonly known in the UK as the scouse defence.)

The second stage is applying the theory that you can still act like a dangerous idiot as long as you apologise profusely to anybody who'll listen afterwards.

If the Barton path is to be followed accurately, expect Hamilton's Tweets to start quoting Nietzsche.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2947625)   #161
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
If the Barton path is to be followed accurately, expect Hamilton's Tweets to start quoting Nietzsche.
That would be awesome...
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2947689)   #162
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Whitmarsh needs to have a good hard look at himself too with the typical McLaren "we are always right" attitude. Luckily they have Jenson Button to bring at least some credibility and class to their team.
i'm so glad you're not biased or anything, Deeks.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2947696)   #163
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just seen the post-race stuff. What a twonk Maldonado is being comparing his recklessness (which should've been handed a proper penalty; would like to have seen deeks's reaction had that been Hamilton) with Hamilton and Kobayashi's incident.

Watched the incident again incidentally and went from if anything apportioning blame to Hamilton to apportioning a little blame to Kobayashi for turning in on a car.

Last edited by Born Racer; 29 Aug 2011 at 13:52.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2947727)   #164
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I thought this was an interesting read..

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/0...rand-prix-win/
Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2947730)   #165
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I thought this was an interesting read..

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/0...rand-prix-win/
That explains why Adrian Newey looked so relieved after the race was over.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2947746)   #166
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Interesting.

I think the safety nerds have taken over! The team should be able to decide what they do with the car. If the tyres are that sensitive I reckon we've lost the plot.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2947786)   #167
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Deeks6 - you are apparently living on a different planet to most sane people. How on earth (if you are on Earth) can you hate a man SO MUCH that have never met, and hasn't done any of the things you think he has? I find your attitude truly stunning, incomprehensible, unbelievable. I think perhaps you should join some of your fellow commenters on YouTube, you should feel at home.

As to the race - haven't seen much of it, but still cannot see how PM got off so lightly,or what the stewards saw to give LH a penalty (I'm sure there is something - just not sure what). LH was responsible for the KK cock up though.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2947814)   #168
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think it was a mistake, a small one that had BIG consequences. He thought he had Koby cleared, as did I. That sadly wasn't the case. But some of the comments here seem way off. A man is entitled his opinion so when Hamilton expresses it or his feelings he's the bad guy. 9 out of 10 people would be ready to blame Koby if they were in Hamilton's shoes, but in hindsight how many would be ready to admit they were wrong? Guy gets no credit. I surely hope the same standard is applied to the other drivers. They're all human after all, like us.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2947817)   #169
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Deeks6 - you are apparently living on a different planet to most sane people. How on earth (if you are on Earth) can you hate a man SO MUCH that have never met, and hasn't done any of the things you think he has? I find your attitude truly stunning, incomprehensible, unbelievable. I think perhaps you should join some of your fellow commenters on YouTube, you should feel at home.
People make similar comments around here about a certain Mr. Schumacher. Does it matter? People have their opinions, no need to tell them to go away.

Personally, I think Hamilton get away with a lot and just recieved reprimands rather than penalties but I also think Pastor got off lightly.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2947840)   #170
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Admin note:
All opinions are welcome. However if you struggle to see that there are acceptable and unacceptable ways of expressing them then this forum is not for you.
Not least because expressing them in a poor way tends to ruin threads, not least because everyone stops discussing Motorsport and starts to discuss posting etiquette. Then a mod has to post a reminder and...

Please back to discussing Motorsport.

Thanks.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2947843)   #171
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless im missing something the Hamilton / Kobayashi crash wasn't hugely different to the button / hamilton one.

Its mental gymnastics to blame Hamilton for both.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2947944)   #172
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
Unless im missing something the Hamilton / Kobayashi crash wasn't hugely different to the button / hamilton one.

I agree, can't help thinking whether the blame would still be Hamiltons even if his car was switched with Kobayashi's.

It's amazing how Webbers overtake at Eau Rouge is being described as "Heroic", and yet you can just guess what the Hamilton bashers would say if was him instead.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2947960)   #173
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LH needs to find out how to overtake he could start by looking at the other side of the McLaren garage.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2947967)   #174
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post

On the contrary, it's entirely logical to blame Hamilton for both, because they were both his fault.

However, whereas the coming together with Button was unforgivably stupid, the one with Kobayashi was merely poorly judged and quite frankly we should all just get over it.

Meanwhile, I'd still love to see the evidence that was supposedly knocking about to suggest Hamilton was somehow at least partly to blame for Maldonado doing a Matt Neal on him.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2947996)   #175
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Meanwhile, I'd still love to see the evidence that was supposedly knocking about to suggest Hamilton was somehow at least partly to blame for Maldonado doing a Matt Neal on him.
Me too.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.