Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Sep 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3128609)   #151
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a mental race! Great drive by Bryan Sellers! GT race was great, prototype race was confusing and crazy... wow!

Chris
Old 1 Sep 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3128610)   #152
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think the Viper did well, they were in the 33's in qualifying, and 31's in the race.
EXACTLY, improvement from qualifying to race on full pace is a very good sign.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3128611)   #153
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Watching indycar qualifying now, There's gonna be a total of 3 cars left by the end of the race tomorrow.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3128614)   #154
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
02 needs to be disqualified and Cosmo banned for the next race
There has been much worse in the ALMS including the Lizard vs Risi Sebring, Lizard vs Corvette Laguna that have gone without penalty.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3128617)   #155
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
There has been much worse in the ALMS including the Lizard vs Risi Sebring, Lizard vs Corvette Laguna that have gone without penalty.
It looked much more like intentional retaliation than hard racing to me. That's the difference between this and the incidents you mentioned.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3128620)   #156
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It looked much more like an intentional retaliation than hard racing to me. That's the difference between this and the incidents you mentioned.
I understand now. I still think the Bergmeister vs Magnussen was the biggest blowup of the ALMS but Joerg only got probation so maybe Cosmo gets the same.

I hate how Cosmo is gonna get turned into the bad guy at the end of all this...Nicest guy in the ALMS but I think the Lime Rock incident is where he said enough is enough.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3128629)   #157
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well well ..... delighted for Falken . Guess we wont be hearing from "Falken" for a couple days , big party kicking off . Great to see them get another win .
Old 1 Sep 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3128633)   #158
Articus
Veteran

Falken wins again? Congratulations! Thats super for them to get a win this year! They'll keep coming back knowing they could fight for championship. Looks like I'll be getting Falken tires for my next NYC commute.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3128766)   #159
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations Falken!
Old 2 Sep 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3128781)   #160
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd win for Falken!
Old 2 Sep 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3128786)   #161
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do they not have the legality panel rules in the ALMS then?
Old 2 Sep 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3128793)   #162
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to Falken!

I missed the race-why is everyone crucifying Guy Cosmo?
Old 2 Sep 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3128799)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Congrats to Falken!

I missed the race-why is everyone crucifying Guy Cosmo?
He got divebombed by a Viper with about three laps to go and barged out of the way, then coming out of the hairpin he was alongside it again and turned right into the left rear of the car.

Wasn't anywhere near Stefan Mucke levels of retribution but a bit of a daft move.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3128807)   #164
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
He got divebombed by a Viper with about three laps to go and barged out of the way, then coming out of the hairpin he was alongside it again and turned right into the left rear of the car.

Wasn't anywhere near Stefan Mucke levels of retribution but a bit of a daft move.
Thanks. Was there much damage to the Viper?
Old 2 Sep 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3128821)   #165
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thanks. Was there much damage to the Viper?
No the initial move from the Viper (not sure which driver) did more damage than anything Cosmo did. Just a couple of bent panels and nothing compared to the other car in practice.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3128824)   #166
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No the initial move from the Viper (not sure which driver) did more damage than anything Cosmo did. Just a couple of bent panels and nothing compared to the other car in practice.
Sounds like nothing to me compared to some of the other hits Ive seen in ALMS. I'd like to see some vision of the crash (youtube should suffice as usual)
Old 2 Sep 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3128903)   #167
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It was Goossens , but that is not normal carry on from him ..... I feel his was a racing accident , but not Cosmo's .
Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3129185)   #168
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
It was Goossens , but that is not normal carry on from him ..... I feel his was a racing accident , but not Cosmo's .
There were two incidents of hitting from Goosens. First Goosens made the failed pass attempt and clobbered Cosmo. Then Cosmo retaliated. Then Goosens retaliated. then Cosmo retaliated again. Atleast thats waht I think happpened. Both drivers very naughty...
Old 2 Sep 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3129234)   #169
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did anything come of the Level 5 legality panel issue? I haven't read anything so im guessing not.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3129246)   #170
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
My understanding of the legality panel thing is that you are NOT required to make an EXTRA pit stop to fix it. However, you ARE supposed to fix it on your next SCHEDULED pit stop. If you have no more scheduled pit stops to make though, well, that's not so clear, I guess.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3129291)   #171
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
My understanding of the legality panel thing is that you are NOT required to make an EXTRA pit stop to fix it. However, you ARE supposed to fix it on your next SCHEDULED pit stop. If you have no more scheduled pit stops to make though, well, that's not so clear, I guess.
I also think certain rules are "forgotten" during street races.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3129530)   #172
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't see all those extra hits on ESPN3. I saw Goosens mess up and nail the ESM, and I saw Cosmo deliberately go back after the Viper.

Goosens might have deserved a penalty for bad driving, but Guy Cosmo deserved a major penalty for bad actions. This isn't Grand Am and we don't want it to be.

Oh, wait ....
Old 3 Sep 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3130104)   #173
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
There were two incidents of hitting from Goosens. First Goosens made the failed pass attempt and clobbered Cosmo. Then Cosmo retaliated. Then Goosens retaliated. then Cosmo retaliated again. Atleast thats waht I think happpened. Both drivers very naughty...
I didn't see any retaliation by Goosens. He messed up the pass, Cosmo drove into him off the corner, and then again a bit later.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3130109)   #174
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding the track 'changes'; I was watching the F1 Qualifying with my girlfriend and she asked what track evolution was. I spent a fair bit of time explaining it to her and eventually she said she 'got it' and walked off. (Boredom or Frustration at my lack-of-ability to not use motorsport termanology had set in.)

Later on I am watching the ALMS race on Motors TV and she walks in halfway through John Hindhaugh talking about the last minute chicane. Then to my dismay she says. "Is that what you meant about Track Evolution?"

Sorry Izzy but I think you should stick to your Swimming!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 4 Sep 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3130358)   #175
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I didn't see all those extra hits on ESPN3. I saw Goosens mess up and nail the ESM, and I saw Cosmo deliberately go back after the Viper.

Goosens might have deserved a penalty for bad driving, but Guy Cosmo deserved a major penalty for bad actions. This isn't Grand Am and we don't want it to be.

Oh, wait ....
Quote:
I didn't see any retaliation by Goosens. He messed up the pass, Cosmo drove into him off the corner, and then again a bit later.
You guys are correct. I got a little confused by the mutiple onboards and chase cams of the incident.

Goosens made a mistake then Guy Cosmo retaliated twice.