Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3349277)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True, but it's not obligatory for us to repeat it all here. We can (and probably should) just ignore it.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3349279)   #152
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It must be awful being a gutter journalist on stories like this.

You basically have doctors communicating straight, cold facts in front of cameras, saying we have to wait... and that's it.

No wonder they go postal and try to break into the hospital room dressed as priests.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3349294)   #153
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm quite disappointed that security decided to merely throw the guy out of the hospital. Should have named and shamed the guy and his paper IMO .
Old 31 Dec 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3349315)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or given him good reason to need to stay there........

Anyhow, time to revert to the sentiments of post #142, methinks.....
Old 31 Dec 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3349317)   #155
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can do it Schumi!!

My thoughts and prayers are with Michael and his family. May the New Year bring him the full recovery we all are hoping for.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3349328)   #156
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you just know that that reporter was not there to get a more tangible quote from a doctor....he was there for a picture of MS with tubes in him and his wife and kids crying.

To intrude on them this way for that reason is just so so low!

I know this is not the place to rant about this and I never do this but if had a list of every publication who ever bought one of this guys pictures I would take to social media with it.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3349329)   #157
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

they do, that's what marker posts are for. anything outside of there is done strictly at your own risk. at some point the risk passes from the resort to the punter.
this pic is being shown as the area of the accident.
I don't see any ropes or markers, maybe they are too small to see in the picture. but the area looks like a rock garden island surrounded by groomers.
terrain like that should always be marked and roped off.
I would like to know if the resort has since roped off the area.

Old 31 Dec 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3349331)   #158
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1toy View Post
I don't see any ropes or markers, maybe they are too small to see in the picture. but the area looks like a rock garden island surrounded by groomers.

And then he hits the rock...
Old 31 Dec 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3349334)   #159
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope that Michael Schumacher is able to make a full recovery.

I have noted that whoever is in charge of the media side of the story in the Schumacher camp appears to be doing a very good job.
Having the daily press briefings will help to keep the main media outlets up to date without putting undue pressure on those close to Michael. It should also reduce gutter press activity and reduce speculation in the media.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 00:03 (Ref:3349340)   #160
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
And then he hits the rock...
Apparently he went off the route to help a friend who has fallen out of the track, when made the curve he hit a rock and fell into another hitting the head.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 02:37 (Ref:3349355)   #161
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It must have been such a violent impact considering the injuries he sustained im thinking positive about his situation but he has such a fight on his hands even if he manages survive the critical state he is in

Huge props to everyone in this thread i know he isn't very popular on here but you have all shown a lot of class in your support.truly class respect on this forum
Old 1 Jan 2014, 05:49 (Ref:3349363)   #162
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It doesn't take as much violence as one might think to sustain a damaging head injury. A soft impact at a wrong angle between the skull plates in what might outwardly seem like an innocuous incident can be life changing. I'm cautiously encouraged though that they didn't let it linger much and he was promptly whisked away by helicopter. If the injury had been such that it'd have afforded him a few hours of "I'll be alright" bravado then it might very well have been too late to stage a medical intervention. Right now doctors are charting and keeping apace with the injuries as they arise so for now the signs are modestly positive.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3349390)   #163
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The briefest of statements from Sabine, Michaels press lady. His condition has gone from critical to "stable". Better news indeed.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3349393)   #164
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
The briefest of statements from Sabine, Michaels press lady. His condition has gone from critical to "stable". Better news indeed.
He has been stable over the last 24 hrs but he is still in a critical condition.

Last edited by rustyinsthoz; 1 Jan 2014 at 10:34.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3349402)   #165
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
He has been stable over the last 24 hrs but he is still in a critical condition.
The doctors and Michaels people have said that there will only be an update if something changes, so I'm taking this brief statement as a slight positive.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3349450)   #166
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The journalist who tried to get into his room should have been taken round the back of the hospital by a few beefy Kerpen lads and given a, well, stern talking-to.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3349517)   #167
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1toy View Post
for the benefit of yourself and anyone else who is wondering, those red things running down the side of the photo on the left are markers, as are the blue things on the right. having not been to meribel, i can't say that for sure but those look like red and markers indicating the edge of the piste, which is graded according to the french system of green-blue-red-black, beginner to advanced difficulty. the red piste looks rubbish. the markers are considerably more visible on the ground when using the piste.

we don't rope things off in europe unless it's a cliff edge (generally, of course). we trust mountain users to make their own risk assessment according to avalanche risk, terrain and snow conditions. this is a freak accident that could happen anywhere. the health and safety rant isn't really appropriate.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3349541)   #168
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Schumacher will blame no-one but himself for the accident. It's sad, but these things happen, and unless we want to regulate out the risk from every activity then they will continue to do so.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3349577)   #169
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
we don't rope things off in europe unless it's a cliff edge (generally, of course). the health and safety rant isn't really appropriate.
good for you.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3349638)   #170
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumacher is still in critical condition but there will be no update unless the situation changes according to Autosport this morning.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111997
Old 2 Jan 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3349640)   #171
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, doesn't sound great that. But there is little point in continued updates if there's minimal changes in his condition. Truly hope he makes a full recovery from this...
Old 2 Jan 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3349645)   #172
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Hmm, doesn't sound great that. But there is little point in continued updates if there's minimal changes in his condition. Truly hope he makes a full recovery from this...
Well, I wouldn't be pessimistic about this. It just means there's been no change.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3349692)   #173
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He tried to help a child, the daughter of a friend...

Old 2 Jan 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3349706)   #174
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the map's wrong in that they indicate chamois is a green run when in fact it's a red (see the meribel piste map), but i suspect that's artistic licence rather than intentional misinformation.

no idea if that's a recent picture or not, but you'll notice the background and the foreground are "tracked out" and the area between the two pistes is relatively untouched except for the path through the middle. that tells you that the majority choose not to cut the corner and go for the hideous moguls on the left (the bumpy stuff, more visible in the photo f1toy posted before) or the less steep and far less mogully run on the right. people will do insane things for untracked powder, but apparently not that.

i don't mean that as a judgement about anyone involved in the incident at all or an indication of blame or whathaveyou, but again, like my previous posts, just as a bit of background if you're not a mountain user.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3349730)   #175
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The whole thing's so horrible. But I agree, Schuey was voluntarily participating in a risky sport. We shouldn't be looking to apportion blame.