Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jul 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3656969)   #151
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
At the moment, from a channel crossing point of view, it only seems to be affecting Portsmouth / Caen ferries, and then only by making the timetable up to an hour late. No idea if it is going to affect flights, but French ATC seems to like a good strike! Guess if anyone is flying, they would be arriving Wednesday?
Old 4 Jul 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3656974)   #152
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh great timing. Just been looking at last minute flight options.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3656978)   #153
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Spent the evening on you tube watching Ferrari512 . Don't think it well help me much . Getting very excited now . Safe trip everyone and see you Wednesday at Le Mans . As the man said on the film "the most famous motor race in the world "
Old 4 Jul 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3656982)   #154
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Spent the evening on you tube watching Ferrari512 . Don't think it well help me much . Getting very excited now . Safe trip everyone and see you Wednesday at Le Mans . As the man said on the film "the most famous motor race in the world "

LOVE IT x
Old 5 Jul 2016, 04:21 (Ref:3657016)   #155
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Oh great timing. Just been looking at last minute flight options.
Yes, definitely ATC strike today! However, weather looking more stable than recent weeks......

My Le Mans on board video watching has all been modern LMP stuff. Can't be that much quicker than a 356, surely?

More concerned that the circuit layout in the videos was same as will find when get there...
Old 5 Jul 2016, 08:03 (Ref:3657032)   #156
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the hi-res youtube stuff you can slow the speed down which gives a better impression of my kind of speed and you can usually spot the reference points the driver is using......50% still looks pretty scary!

One of my guys shipped on the tunnel earlier this morning, no problem at all.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3657043)   #157
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sitting in van watching ferry unload, so guess no problems coming over from France to UK! There's hundreds (seems like) of cars waiting to board that are doing some charity rally- 'Edinburgh to Rome in a £500 car'. Looking at some of them, if they were bought for £500 the buyer got an absolute bargain....
Old 5 Jul 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3657092)   #158
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clarkson and co have a lot to answer for Mike.
Couple of years ago we had four Welsh guys come over in an 192000 mile MG Maestro,all stickered up indicating where they had been in Europe.They did fifteen laps of the Ring before returning home next day.They got home without the car missing a beat according to the mail they sent a few days later.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3657135)   #159
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks to the guys on the tenths 24hr du Mans forum for posting this link to LMC live streaming-

http://www.lemansclassic.com/languag...res-de-direct/

It's daylight hours only, I think.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 05:57 (Ref:3657199)   #160
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Up at 2 am ready for trek to Dover . I then realised after checking load list we have forgot the kettle . Aghhhh. 2nd wave of Delta crew bring in a spare . On ferry and just had massive breakfast in posh restaurant . This info for you Bob . Lovely morning as Mike says . Sea is like a table cloth . 😀
Old 6 Jul 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3657347)   #161
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Done a lap on my push bike . Will get up early and do another in the dawn mist . Special moment as stopped of at Arnarge corner . My Dad would run the generators and keep the J W Automotive pit crew team topped up with tea through the night .
Magic place . 😀 very happy
Old 7 Jul 2016, 05:13 (Ref:3657431)   #162
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Definitely special, but still has same loos and showers, I reckon!

Water was hot enough, but kettle blew the electrics supply this morn... Have moved to a different supply box, so fingers crossed.

Delay just back from quasson hunting- successfully!
Old 7 Jul 2016, 15:31 (Ref:3657515)   #163
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Definitely special, but still has same loos and showers, I reckon!

Water was hot enough, but kettle blew the electrics supply this morn... Have moved to a different supply box, so fingers crossed.

Delay just back from quasson hunting- successfully!
I think the squat toilets are taking period correctness too far!
Old 7 Jul 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3657531)   #164
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And dont do what someone I know did at Dijon a few years back.Forgot his race suit position.!!
Fortunatly I was the first driver
Old 8 Jul 2016, 05:39 (Ref:3657612)   #165
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One word for yesterday- Scorchio! (r.i.p. Caroline Aherne)

And by tomorrow eve should be approaching 30 C.....

Dijon June 2012 since last been at a race meeting with this weather.
Old 8 Jul 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3657693)   #166
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Pleasantly warm" back here in Dorset. Makes a change :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jul 2016, 21:50 (Ref:3657709)   #167
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone at LMC can help out J D Classics - they've put out an urgent request on Instagram trying to find four rear half shaft studs for an Austin Healey 100S. They've included a contact phone number which I can add if anyone can help or has a possible contact.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 05:12 (Ref:3657744)   #168
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Interesting that soshul meedya now becomes a way of locating for spare parts at a race meeting! Couple of weeks ago, testing the 356 at Snett, I bumped into my neighbours helping another preparer who was short handed. The latter had put their request for couple of extra mechanics on Faceache..... Different world, nowadays.

Anyway, can't help JD, doubt anything off a Porker would fit! We've now done qualifying and night practice, and the flying 356 is p10 on the grid, fastest lap 5:35.

Driving Le Mans in the dark- Wow. Whatever else happens in my life, they can't take that away from me. A privilege.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 9 Jul 2016 at 11:16. Reason: .
Old 9 Jul 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3657767)   #169
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks to the guys on the tenths 24hr du Mans forum for posting this link to LMC live streaming-

http://www.lemansclassic.com/languag...res-de-direct/

It's daylight hours only, I think.
Thanks for posting that link, great to be able to watch some of the action. Can't make the event this year but I've been lucky enough to spectate at 4 previous classics, what is the number of the car you're co driving? and in which grid? Are there any other ten tethers driving? Lucky guys
Old 9 Jul 2016, 08:54 (Ref:3657768)   #170
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Watching the live feed now - Jaguar race - and there showing Iain & Colin changing over in the pits. They'll have to buy the DVD now!
Old 9 Jul 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3657774)   #171
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Watching the live feed now - Jaguar race - and there showing Iain & Colin changing over in the pits. They'll have to buy the DVD now!
Excellent picture considering it's a live stream.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 11:02 (Ref:3657785)   #172
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Plateau 2, car #46, white 356 with green 'recognition' nose.

Hope the coverage of Colin and Iain included their white overall'd mechanic,
Old 9 Jul 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3657790)   #173
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
....Hope the coverage of Colin and Iain included their white overall'd mechanic,
What? No shorts?
Old 9 Jul 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3657807)   #174
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Very long story but hey nothing new there in Delta camp . Shortened version is I had core plug blow out in XK and stopped about about 1 K from the pits . Now luckily ther was a Brit Marshall there I knew from silverstone . He got on the radio and they let me jog back to pits along derive road . I got to put box and Colin just arrived saying car stuck in 4 th gear . I jumped in and drove the E Type in top gear all the way to the finish . P38 . Awsum
Just so happy and grateful to Colin letting me share his lovely car . Off to drive Cadilac now . Wish me luck
Old 9 Jul 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3657811)   #175
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoying seeing the "big boats" out there
from yesteryear. Thanks for the live stream. Very
good picture!