Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1980691)   #151
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
"Disgusting". The word of outrage.
Not forgetting "Sickening". I can't wait for the News of the World tomorrow.

BAN THIS SICK SPANIARD!
by Ben D'Wagon-Jumper

Today we saw the most sickening and disgusting act ever perpetrated by a driver in the four months we've been covering F1. Swarthy Spaniard Fernando Alonso made a mockery of the word 'sportsmanship' by holding up rag-to-riches Brit sensation Lewis Hamilton in the final part of qualifying, denying him a 100% certain pole position. The FIA stewards are looking into the incident, and surely anything less than the electric chair will be a real slap in the face to all hard-working Brits.

(Now, turn to page 3 to look at some barely legal breasts)
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1980695)   #152
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Hans ...please...stop...I'm crying!!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1980696)   #153
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I don't get is why, if searching for a gap in traffic, they had to hold him in the pit box (with Hamilton cueing up). I mean, there's lop of places where you could let off for five seconds without hindering your teammate. You don't have to do exactly 100kph in the pitlane (?) and letting off when out on the track is really no problems at all surely?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1980697)   #154
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis's body language in the press conference and Ron Dennis's comments and demeanour during the brief interview with ITV TV's Ted Kravitz show that this obviously was not in the script.

Stewards are investigating apparently.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61353
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:22 (Ref:1980698)   #155
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I very much like the idea that Lewis was simply outsmarted by Fernando Alonso in a battle of wits - and I think the use of the word 'disgusting' is inappropriate. Obviously this has been rather unsporting of Fernando - but this rivalry we've all been banking on is now starting to bloom, like the ugliest flower in the garden. I feel Fernando probably has a slap on the wrist coming his way but in some respects you can't blame him for trying the patience of his team-mate. If I were Lewis, I'd be hacked off, but I'm not, so I can just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. Previously at Ferrari we endured Michael Schumacher and his lap dog, Rubens Barrichello. Here we are on the brink of an interesting intra-team relationship! Personally, I'm all for it!

I'd just like to add that Barrichello is in fact my favourite driver - but his Ferrari years were both his best and his worst, all at the same time.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:24 (Ref:1980699)   #156
pdman
Racer

New Zealand
Napier
pdman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron should relegate Alonso to test driver for the next 2 races. Even Pedro will score enough points to ensure that Mclaren team championship is not adversly affected and Alonso can stew.......

Then next year he can go back to renault and spend the year studying the rear wing design of BMW's, Ferrari's and Mclarens...

Last edited by pdman; 4 Aug 2007 at 16:27.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:24 (Ref:1980701)   #157
jnr blue 91
Rookie

United Kingdom
jnr blue 91 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please a double disqualification lol
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1980704)   #158
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdman
Ron should relegate Alonso to test driver for the next 2 races. Even Pedro will score enough points to ensure that Mclaren team championship is not adversly affected and Alonso can stew.......
And rob us of the best title battle we've seen in years? No thanks.

McLaren are in the business of winning Grands Prix, and they'll want their two best drivers in the race cars. It's as simple as that.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1980706)   #159
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
7) So today when The Team held FA in the pits, many posters here are jumping all over FA for his "behaviour." So he was in the car AND holding the lollipop all at the same time? He is more brilliant than I thought!
Err, the lollipop was raised.

I think I've just lost some respect for Alonso.

Also, it may have seemed a shrewd move, but I agree with those who say he may have just caused himself more problems than given himself a huge advantage.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1980707)   #160
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I for one salute Alonso.

He made my weekend.

I was literally crying with laughter!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1980708)   #161
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fkna: that was straight out of the schumacher playbook.

now we know what they stole.

dick cheney, eat your heart out. alonso the new king of all asses.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1980710)   #162
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The lollipop was up, as were the tyre guys arms. There was nothing stopping Alonso other than Alonso. I have watched it about a dozen times, and there is no doubt in my mind that this was deliberate. Alonso even looks in his mirror 3 times!!!!!!!

The lollipop went up, about 1-2 seconds later Alonso puts the car into gear, Alonso then looks in his left mirror two more times before pulling out of the pit 2-3 seconds later. I would say he delayed Hamilton about 4-5 seconds.

In all my time I have seen nothing like it. To gain pole buy denying your team-mate access to the pit!

Shocking is too light a word.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:44 (Ref:1980712)   #163
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
foul behavior something that amuses you a lot is it?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1980714)   #164
pdman
Racer

New Zealand
Napier
pdman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans

And rob us of the best title battle we've seen in years? No thanks.

I know that we have accepted that most overtaking is now done in the pit lane (pit stops) but if we now have to accept that qualifing will also be determined by pit stop strategies ..... I'm just going to have to switch off.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1980715)   #165
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the video avalible at youtube...

Alonso leaves his pit box with 1:37 to go in the session. He completes an outlap in 1 minute and 36 seconds to start his last flyer with 0:01 to go (!!). Presuming that Hamilton managed to do the same kind of outlap (1:36) he would have come up 8 seconds short of getting a last flyer, because he left the pit box with 1:28 left. 10 seconds passed from the time that the lolipop went up to Alonso left, which means, had he gone right away, both of them would have gotten a last flying lap (Hamilton's would have started with 0:02 to go).
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1980716)   #166
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
foul behavior something that amuses you a lot is it?
Yep.

Lewis has been very cool about it though. When asked how long he missed the flag by for his doomed final lap he said, "Oh, about as long as I was delayed in the pits."

Strictly speaking, if it was a deliberate ploy by Alonso (and not, for example, confusing/contradictory chatter on his radio), then he's a very naughty boy and Ron will punish him accordingly.

But still, I can't help admiring him in an evil anti-hero genius kind of way!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1980717)   #167
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
Super Hans ...please...stop...I'm crying!!
Me too, That was hilarious Super Hans! News of the world and the People will be loving this

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1980718)   #168
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Nice font Gach...

This is mainly being covered in the Hungary GP thread.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=98986&page=17

Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1980719)   #169
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best Gp of the year - and it's not started yet
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1980721)   #170
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Yep.

if it was a deliberate ploy by Alonso (and not, for example, confusing/contradictory chatter on his radio), then he's a very naughty boy and Ron will punish him accordingly.

what do you mean if.
ive got collapsed bridge to sell you.

and. whats big daddy to do? order him to park?

ron: fernando youve been a very bad boy. now make like micheal and let lewis pass you.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1980722)   #171
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
And how exactly did FA do that Hazard? I mean, how can you prove it?

The track is tight, traffic a problem. It makes emminent sense to hold someone in the pits to get a clear run. Further, it is not FA's choice as to when Lewis pits. That is Lewis' choice. To imply that this is all FA's doing also implies that Lewis doesn't have a lick of sense either - he could have come in at any time in order to AVOID FA being in the pits.

Face it, Lewis got outsmarted...
"Baloney macaroni" John if I may be so bold..
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1980723)   #172
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I've read on another forum (not the most reliable source, admittedly) that Alonso has said "The only reason people at Mclaren are unhappy is because I got the pole and Hamilton was second", during an interview with Spanish TV.

OUCH.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:58 (Ref:1980724)   #173
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't put much faith in Spanish TV either, to be honest. I dunno if thier journalism is as awful as it is in this country, but it will be just as biased.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1980725)   #174
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolynet
Hi all. First practice:
Kubica
Massa
Raikonnen
Alonso
Hamilton
Heidfeld
Rosberg
Button
Barrichello
Schumacher
Davidson....

Now, don't read too much into these positions as Kubica, Heidfeld and Davidson were definitely running the softer tyre at the end. Not sure about the Hondas.

Roll on this afternoon - my prediction - Ferraris, esp Raikonnen, but I'm not buying the beers if I'm wrong....
Sorry this is old...but Davidson was NOT on the Option tyre in first practice...so what's with this "definitely" bit? He did use the Option tyre to go faster in FP2 however.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1980731)   #175
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
One interresting thing is that had Alonso gone when the lolipop went up, he would have had track position ahead of Raikkonen with Hamilton behind the Ferrari (where Alonso actually ended up because of his idle 10 seconds) and the two Mac's would have sandwiched Raikkonen. Looks like a pretty good position to be in if you ask me