Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2020, 01:04 (Ref:3965448)   #1776
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is that you MG David in #54? I know you had "knock on" Minilites at one stage, and it looks like the Bell helmet you had and even your seating position in the car.
YES!
well done Bob, caught me at last. A minor miracle as I hardly ever race in UK and never at the posh meetings you seem to major on. Actually that's a pretty old shot, before I filled in the rear deck space behind the seat with ally sheet. Maybe around 2005 or 6?
Still using the knock-on Minilites on the Lenham.
Happy days...
Old 19 Mar 2020, 04:13 (Ref:3965457)   #1777
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
YES!
well done Bob, caught me at last. A minor miracle as I hardly ever race in UK and never at the posh meetings you seem to major on. Actually that's a pretty old shot, before I filled in the rear deck space behind the seat with ally sheet. Maybe around 2005 or 6?
Happy days...
David, when working as a radio reporter my business card bore the slogan;
"No reputation too small" one week I could be swanning around the Grand Prix paddock, the next trackside at a 750 MC meeting. Of course this was only a hobby and mostly unpaid, but it got me in for free with a programme thrown in and lots of perks.
I have been hugely privileged to have interviewed many of the most famous names in the sport, Moss, Surtees, Brabham, Stewart, Mosely, and many more, and dozens of club racers from every level.

But it never went to my head.
Attached Thumbnails
003 (3).jpg  
Old 19 Mar 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3965463)   #1778
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
YES!

Happy days...
I reckon 2006. In 05 you were sharing my car with me. By 07 you'd got rid of the Boadecia Blades.

Happy days indeed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3965479)   #1779
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
YES!
Happy days...
I only take the pictures, so have no idea which one is you, I took the little blue car to be Turner, but assumed you drove a Midget, therefore it can't be you in the MGA.

Or am I on the wrong tack entirely?
Further elucidation might lead to additional coverage.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3965491)   #1780
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Post 1770. Image 6686. Picture of MGB about to gobble up Midget #54

Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3965506)   #1781
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

Ah! Not the last set then. Sorry.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3965513)   #1782
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I was quite happy to believe you had just performed a demon outbraking manoeuvre and had dived down the inside of the 'B' under brakes.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3965535)   #1783
bauble
Veteran

England
What have we got unused so far ?
How about a few Triumphs for Gerard:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9781.JPG   IMG_9957.JPG   IMG_9823.JPG  

IMG_9891.JPG   IMG_9970.JPG   IMG_9989.JPG  

Old 19 Mar 2020, 14:07 (Ref:3965536)   #1784
bauble
Veteran

England
Other marques are available;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9785.JPG   IMG_9789.JPG   IMG_9831.JPG  

IMG_9798.JPG   IMG_9709.JPG   IMG_8710.jpg  

Old 19 Mar 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3965538)   #1785
bauble
Veteran

England
A change is as good as a rest, they say:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9751.JPG   IMG_9752.JPG   IMG_9754.JPG  

IMG_9756.JPG   IMG_9757.JPG   IMG_9738.JPG  

Old 19 Mar 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3965606)   #1786
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
What's pic 1 in #1775, please? The bonnet looks like a DB Citroën but obviously its not the answer. Thanks for the Triumphs.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3965613)   #1787
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerald, it is a Westfield Sportscar, made in 1987; do not know model. My appreciation to the DVLA website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westfield_Sportscars
Old 19 Mar 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3965644)   #1788
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Reg Woodcock race a Rover V8 powered Westfield Eleven in the eighties or nineties ?
Old 20 Mar 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3965755)   #1789
bauble
Veteran

England
S*d the virus;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1986.JPG   IMG_2083.JPG   IMG_2088.JPG  

IMG_5989.JPG   SBS 1.JPG   IMG_6036.JPG  

Old 20 Mar 2020, 11:25 (Ref:3965756)   #1790
bauble
Veteran

England
And China too;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5011.JPG   IMG_5033.JPG   IMG_5069.JPG  

IMG_5075.JPG   IMG_5273.JPG   IMG_5346.JPG  

Old 20 Mar 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3965757)   #1791
bauble
Veteran

England
And Uncle Ton Cobley and all;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0077.JPG   IMG_1640.JPG   IMG_9893.JPG  

IMG_9929.JPG   286.JPG   333.JPG  

Old 20 Mar 2020, 16:47 (Ref:3965839)   #1792
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of cars with no number plates for you to identify.[IMG]orange car[/IMG]
Old 20 Mar 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3965840)   #1793
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Picture
Old 20 Mar 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3965842)   #1794
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Old 20 Mar 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3965843)   #1795
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
still no picture
Old 20 Mar 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3965845)   #1796
bauble
Veteran

England
Send them to me and I will try, you have my email.

Hard working lot these marshals, and with a sense of humour, even if rather macabre.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2337.JPG   IMG_2357.JPG   IMG_2772.JPG  

IMG_2774.JPG   IMG_8761.JPG   IMG_2793.JPG  

Old 20 Mar 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3965846)   #1797
bauble
Veteran

England
Instructions sent.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3965860)   #1798
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Anybody recognise these cars?Click image for larger version

Name:	---------------------Green Car.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	684.4 KB
ID:	58329

Click image for larger version

Name:	orange car.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	757.2 KB
ID:	58330
Old 20 Mar 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3965863)   #1799
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Nice pics, thanks. Orange one looks like an Ecosse Ford but…
Old 20 Mar 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3965876)   #1800
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of very elegant sportscars from rbs. The top one I believe is the original Twin Cam engined Nomad Mk1 while the little orange Group C lookalike could be the Lynx AE bike engined sports racer.

Last edited by GCCheddaris; 20 Mar 2020 at 19:52.