Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2762170)   #1776
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
i''ve been thinking more about this

I'm sure i read Fernandez was a multi year deal.

I rate Mucke quite highly and im sure AMR will keep him on.

Handcock will be in the JOTA GT2 car i think.

Enge and Turner should be there unless one is loaned out to to a GT team

Primat is solid and should being some $$ to the program.

so by my math that leave only 1 or 2 seats up for grabs if AMR go for 3 Driver cars
Juan Barazi or Charouz could be in a 3rd car to bring some bucks to the project.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2762308)   #1777
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think Juan will be there. He didn't even show up on race day at silverstone
Old 2 Oct 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2768125)   #1778
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in the latest issue of EVO mag (italy but I guess also uk) there is an interesting interview with richards speaking about mini-prodrive wrc
talking about costs he said: " in 2005 35mln € to race subaru impreza wrc, now I expect 17mln € for a the mini wrc program
Just for comparison, aston martin spent 12mln € to race le mans last year"
Old 3 Oct 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2768848)   #1779
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Really only for Le Mans itself? (That 12 millions figure)
Old 3 Oct 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2768856)   #1780
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I would be astonished if that EUR12M was entirely correct.

I know the Aston Martin engine is very expensive to run, and there are undoubted costs related to the chassis, to say nothing of the promotional costs of hosting guests etc (even if you should look at you marketing budget as something else, and essentially self financing). That said, even if this is a few years back the quoted budget you could find for running a full LMS season was in the single multiples of million Euros - sure not peanuts, but this would be enough to be competitive.

Chuck in some of the other issues, such as the role of paying drivers, and the pre-funding of the campaign through chassis sales, and I can't help thinking that this is a bit of a case of DR being a little bit disingenuous.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2769040)   #1781
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Have you SEEN the AMR mobile hospitality unit? There's a good big chunk of money right off the bat. DPR has spent a short time in F1, and his costbase has risen accordingly...

My guess would be the 'bespoke' bit's of the Aston's are not cheap. But even so, I doubt they spent THAT much for the whole season...
Old 5 Oct 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2769727)   #1782
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Does sound like a lot. But 09 was the start up year so there could have been a lot of initial outlay. Any idea how much their paid drivers get?
Old 5 Oct 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2769794)   #1783
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, I thought the cars were presold to collecters and then raced. No? That being the case where are all the major costs, hell, its a Lola with AMR lipstick. I find the # a little out there myself.

L.P.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2791856)   #1784
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AMR just announced a junior team, and no Young Driver AMR isn't the junior team for some reason.
Looks like the focus will be development of GT4 and 3 teams.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2791915)   #1785
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Young Driver" AMR had Thoms Enge, Darren Turner, Stefan Mucke, Pedro Lamy, and Christopher Nygaard. Pretty much all are established or already under AMR's wing.

So hopefully a GT4 team will give some young guns a ladder to climb.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 02:35 (Ref:2791954)   #1786
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So this the younger driver AMR? lol
Old 17 Nov 2010, 03:00 (Ref:2791957)   #1787
Gen_AMR
Rookie

Gen_AMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Junior Team

Hi All,

We are Generation AMR, not to be confused with Young Driver AMR!! We are the Official Aston Martin Racing Junior Team which will focus on the development of young talented GT drivers to enable them to progress up the career ladder, starting with Anthony & James in the FIA GT4 European Cup, though we also aim to run cars in the UK one-make series and in other endurance events across Europe in 2011, with our eyes on the next step up in due course.

As soon as the website is complete, we'll let you know as there will be loads of information and reports on there. You can also follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genera...56324387744668) and we will shortly be starting team and driver Twitter feeds.

Look forward to sharing the highs and lows (though we hope not too many of those!!) of racing with you all.

Cheers,

Generation AMR
Old 17 Nov 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2792076)   #1788
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
So, I hope you were all paying attention at the back?
Young Driver is the SENIOR team, Generation is the JUNIOR team. Not sure where Jota fit into this age thing, but somehow they aren't striking me as young!
Are HEXIS the Middle Age, now?

Anyway, welcome GAMR, I will have a chat off forum, as I help my son with lendurance.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2795837)   #1789
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
good luck guys,

Will it be the new spec Vanatage (http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/?2010/11/...vised-for.html) or will it be the current car?
Old 29 Nov 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2797244)   #1790
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
From murphythebear via twitter:

Quote:
Lola no more; Prodrive talking to ORECA for next Aston Martin proto chassis.
Isn't it a bit late for that now?
Old 29 Nov 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2797247)   #1791
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

Yes! I was under the impression this new car was going to be done in-house? I thought after the breakdown in relations after the current car Lola were no more as of a while ago....
Old 29 Nov 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2797281)   #1792
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
It could be like the Audi / Dallara programs we've seen before.

i.e Oreca making a car for AMR that is 100% AMR design.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2797287)   #1793
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

to construct a car by Sebring, I would hope they are further along that choosing a build partner. Maybe this was decided long ago, but now being reported?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:08 (Ref:2797483)   #1794
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may not be close to the truth, but I remember Hughes de Chaunac saying that they had the spyder (open top) Oreca in P2 going ahead with development and builds but had stopped their P1 coupe for 2011. Might Aston Martin (after seeing that many of the other major players) are going with coupe's for their new cars have decided that they may have been better off with a different chassis?

Total speculation here. Would be nice to see the Oreca P1 coupe, as I think they are much more in the spirit of sports cars.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:23 (Ref:2797490)   #1795
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelland View Post
This may not be close to the truth, but I remember Hughes de Chaunac saying that they had the spyder (open top) Oreca in P2 going ahead with development and builds but had stopped their P1 coupe for 2011. Might Aston Martin (after seeing that many of the other major players) are going with coupe's for their new cars have decided that they may have been better off with a different chassis?

Total speculation here. Would be nice to see the Oreca P1 coupe, as I think they are much more in the spirit of sports cars.
Aston will not be reusing a chassis made for another marque (Oreaca/Peugeot) that lesson learned they with the Lola cars.
But i do think that Oreca will build the cars themselves, and might be doing it, right now, and the rumors are late. Which could be a PR-stunt to get some more interest (see investors and oil-sheiks) into the project without shouting it out.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2797608)   #1796
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Thinking about it more AMR must already have a car near completion as a couple if the drivers have already seen it a sat in to check the seating position
Old 30 Nov 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2797646)   #1797
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thinking about it more AMR must already have a car near completion as a couple if the drivers have already seen it a sat in to check the seating position
Who has sat in it? I was hoping they would mix things up a bit with their driver line-up for next year.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2797767)   #1798
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
I know Fernandez and one other current driver has been and sat in the P1 car

also Sam Hancock has been to the factory and done some "secret stuff" but that could be GT2 related
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2797772)   #1799
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
also Sam Hancock has been to the factory and done some "secret stuff" but that could be GT2 related
There was an announcement in the summer that Jota Sport (a team with which Hancock has some kind of relation) is going to run a V8 Vantage in GTE next year... I seem to recall that they were talking about LMS and Le Mans itself.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2798542)   #1800
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Any of their GT1 young driver pilots? Enge, Turner, Nygard, Mucke? They're the fab four in Aston's stable aren't they?