Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Dec 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2798546)   #1801
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would hardly call Nygaard "fab", thats why he is being replaced for San Luis.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2798561)   #1802
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd put Enge, Turner and Mucke in the new cars but beyond that... Obviously there are funding issues (how much does Aston need), but I want to see drivers who can really take the car to it's limits. Then we will truly see how far off the big two they are.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2798678)   #1803
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sam Hancock runs Drivers Club, part of JOTA Sport.
JOTA will run a GT2 Vantage in LMS next year, along with LM24, then move up to an Aston LMP for 2012.

That I got from the boys at Spa, back in August, and it's all over their website...
Old 2 Dec 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2798706)   #1804
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I would hardly call Nygaard "fab", thats why he is being replaced for San Luis.
I'm sad to hear that, but's just wait and see, i believe he can be fast.
Besides, danes are always fast at Le Mans .
Old 4 Dec 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2799469)   #1805
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It was an expression, I know the other 3 have been there at Aston for quite some time, that being Turner Enge and Mucke, Nygard I'm not so sure about, I know he's been there for a couple years, but the other guys I've heard about for some time, since their Gulf DBR9 GT1 days.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2803272)   #1806
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that even Audi switched to a coupé for its R18, don't you think Prodrive did a mistake with the future open LMP1 proto
Old 12 Dec 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2803277)   #1807
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Now that even Audi switched to a coupé for its R18, don't you think Prodrive did a mistake with the future open LMP1 proto
There's a good reason why they wouldn't - and its all to do with performance equalisation
Old 12 Dec 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2803287)   #1808
FĂ©lix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
FĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see it having a COG advantage over the diesels and looking much less massive/much more like an optimised single seater with very trick aerodynamics. Now, what that will give on Le Mans' straights considering the diesels' power will once again dominate massively - at least in the torque department - and the coupé probably gives a drag advantage, we'll see.

If they go with narrow fronts, the contrast could be even more interesting...
Old 12 Dec 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2803291)   #1809
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you all talk again about bad equivalence in engines ??? We don't know yet the advantage of diesel/gasoline powered LMPs...
Old 12 Dec 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2803297)   #1810
FĂ©lix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
FĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why do you all talk again about bad equivalence in engines ??? We don't know yet the advantage of diesel/gasoline powered LMPs...
Diesel makes power at low rpm so torque*rpm=power closer to max pretty much all the way through the usable rev range.

A gasoline engine needs to spin faster (if turbocharged) or much faster (atmo) and the torque appears high up in the rev range and is thus a lower number.

Now we don't know exactly what the effect of torque is on lap time and what max power will be and I understand we're not here to debate what lap times it will give from speculation, but it's safe to assume that acceleration out of corners and how soon top speed is reached differ because of the torque characteristics (instantaneous power) even if peak power are well matched.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2803308)   #1811
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I never mentioned bad equivalence
Old 12 Dec 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2803340)   #1812
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
On the face of it a low drag coupe and hybrid system to help compensate for the diesels torque advantage and improve economy is the way to go.

Prodrive obviously know this so we'll have to wait and see if they've been given a restrictor/weight break, which presumably would also apply to other teams running an open/non hybrid petrol car.

Last edited by JAG; 12 Dec 2010 at 17:07.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2803352)   #1813
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Both the problem and brilliance with Prodrive is their consistency in delivering very, very good racing cars. But they often lack genius. They're good at what they do but sometimes they seem a little short of a unique idea.

The new Aston Martin LMP1 will be a very solid racer capable of podium finishers, we know that. But will it compete for race victories?

Let's hope that some of the more...volatile, shall we say....teams on the grid get it wrong with their new cars.

IMO, that's their only hope of building a successful LMP racer, because I doubt that this non-hybrid open-top car will have a trick up its sleeve.

We'll just have to wait and see...
Old 12 Dec 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2803376)   #1814
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Both the problem and brilliance with Prodrive is their consistency in delivering very, very good racing cars. But they often lack genius. They're good at what they do but sometimes they seem a little short of a unique idea.

The new Aston Martin LMP1 will be a very solid racer capable of podium finishers, we know that. But will it compete for race victories?

Let's hope that some of the more...volatile, shall we say....teams on the grid get it wrong with their new cars.

IMO, that's their only hope of building a successful LMP racer, because I doubt that this non-hybrid open-top car will have a trick up its sleeve.

We'll just have to wait and see...
How did Audi win Le Mans in 2005 and 2010?
Old 12 Dec 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2803385)   #1815
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
How did Audi win Le Mans in 2005 and 2010?
I do believe both those years prove my point

You don't need genius and you don't need to be the best in sportscar racing if you have a solid car. Brainless pundits will try and claim that Le Mans is a sprint, but that's not true. Yes, if you're a hare, you are more likely to win than 20 years ago, but the tortoise still has his moment of glory every now and again.

Aston's greatest hope is the fragility and weaknesses of its opponents, which is what Audi relied on in the years you referred to, rather than their own strengths.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2803410)   #1816
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I do believe both those years prove my point

You don't need genius and you don't need to be the best in sportscar racing if you have a solid car. Brainless pundits will try and claim that Le Mans is a sprint, but that's not true. Yes, if you're a hare, you are more likely to win than 20 years ago, but the tortoise still has his moment of glory every now and again.

Aston's greatest hope is the fragility and weaknesses of its opponents, which is what Audi relied on in the years you referred to, rather than their own strengths.
Exactly. No matter what, its the one who finishes first who wins the problem is just that with +6 top diesel cars the chance of Them All blowing, is Slim
Old 14 Dec 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2804221)   #1817
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The chance of 4 of them was slim, yet it happened this summer! Crazy! I don't think it'll happen this year though. Maybe Aston will have a chance, and maybe Rebellion Toyota as well. See how good that SuperGT engine is.
Old 16 Dec 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2805128)   #1818
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where and When did Aston Martin introduce the new LMP1 car?????
Old 16 Dec 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2805145)   #1819
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
It hasn't...
Old 16 Dec 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2805160)   #1820
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Well, they haven't shown a real car yet, but they did put out a drawing earlier this year outlining their planned concept. Link.
Old 16 Dec 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2805164)   #1821
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"single seater"

"entirely in-house"
Old 16 Dec 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2805192)   #1822
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Go to the Horses Mouth, I say...

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...f-8d66e064dbc8

No mention of single seater in there...

"In House" means Prodrive, as that is where AMR live.

I know, I visit the lighting showroom next door often enough!

P.S. I have seen a render of that car as a coupe, but it was on Endurance Crea, Photoshop masters, so it may well be a mock up, but it DID look better!
Old 16 Dec 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2805211)   #1823
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Go to the Horses Mouth, I say...

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...f-8d66e064dbc8

No mention of single seater in there...

"In House" means Prodrive, as that is where AMR live.

I know, I visit the lighting showroom next door often enough!

P.S. I have seen a render of that car as a coupe, but it was on Endurance Crea, Photoshop masters, so it may well be a mock up, but it DID look better!
Please send the link of that render....
Old 16 Dec 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2805331)   #1824
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not sure if people have seen this. Aston are giving fans the chance to name the new car!

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/namet...nlemansracecar

Cool idea from AMR.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2805415)   #1825
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not sure if people have seen this. Aston are giving fans the chance to name the new car!

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/namet...nlemansracecar

Cool idea from AMR.
Dear AMR

In order to find the best name for your new car, more images of this new car would be needed to help accomplish this.

Yours sincerely rich.

P.S If you need a team to run the car on either side of the Atlantic in 2011 Ten-Tenths AMR currently have no plans.