Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3966594)   #1876
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes of course, sorry slight mistake. Very elegant even side by side with a GT6. Did you enjoy Montlhéry or prefer Brooklands?
Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:27 (Ref:3966596)   #1877
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Yet again, RBS & I appear to have been at the same meeting although RBS seems to have been a bit further round Gerrards, so I'll just add one more picture...
Attachment 58502

Hope he doesn't go over any curbs with that exhaust.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3966597)   #1878
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh! Is that what they are;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3126.JPG   IMG_3129.JPG   IMG_3133.JPG  

IMG_3134.JPG   IMG_3135.JPG   IMG_3138.JPG  

Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3966600)   #1879
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I saw that too, morning! The pic is so good you can see the tyre wear and some rubber debris in the front moustache.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:55 (Ref:3966601)   #1880
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed both trips to Montlhery, nice to see older French cars taking part that we rarely see over here. Always enjoy Brooklands in a different way, as the circuit cannot be used like Montlhery, and the museums there for the aircraft & buses as well as the car/bike section.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3966602)   #1881
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few from Kop Hill that it will let me post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kop Hill   (1).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	58569Click image for larger version

Name:	Kop Hill   (2).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	58570Click image for larger version

Name:	Kop Hill   (5).jpg
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	58571
Old 24 Mar 2020, 20:11 (Ref:3966611)   #1882
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Keep your little old pecker up Alfaholic;
Oi - not so much of the old please (I'll keep quiet about the other part). If you don't mind a few more pics on 'your' thread, I'll add a few more random shots taken before 2005.
The 6R4 was part owned by my step uncle who did a bit of club rallying locally, the upside down Minor was a lucky shot from the days of film, the Alta I just thought unusual, the Ligier has been included for our French contingent and the others are a couple of TenTenths regulars

Name:	Frank's 6R4.jpg
Size:	664.4 KB
ID:	58572Click image for larger version

Name:	St Barbe Austin A35 (1).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	933.4 KB
ID:	58574Click image for larger version

Name:	Alta Twin Rear Wheels.jpg
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	58575

Name:	Jankowski Ligier JS3 05.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	58577Click image for larger version

Name:	Streeter Anglia (1).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	829.6 KB
ID:	58576Click image for larger version

Name:	Allenby-Byrne Cortina GT 05 (1).jpg
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	58573
Old 25 Mar 2020, 05:47 (Ref:3966653)   #1883
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Point of order Sir... that's not a Minor that's an A35.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2020, 05:56 (Ref:3966654)   #1884
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Was about to say but refrain from because I dont want to upset a very nice person taking so good pictures from Joe's Consul and my 'Vette!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3966665)   #1885
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Alfaholics, please, call me a hick or red neck which I am but where did you take your pictures from at Silverstone? Mind you I went only twice there …
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3966666)   #1886
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Point of order Sir... that's not a Minor that's an A35.

Clearly RB was holding his camera upside down.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3966667)   #1887
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
A fewmore from Kop Hill

Name:	Kop Hill   (3).jpg
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	58579Click image for larger version

Name:	Kop Hill   (4).jpg
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	58580Click image for larger version

Name:	Kop Hill   (6).jpg
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	58581
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3966668)   #1888
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Its NOT rbs, you gonzo!
The Anglebox is Gordon's…*Three wheels are enough for a brave heart! The blue car is famoustissima!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3966669)   #1889
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Not me sir!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:51 (Ref:3966670)   #1890
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Some old stuff from Mallory Park.

Name:	1904 CGV Sports  Gillian Carr.jpg
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	58582Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Kurtis Kraft dash.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	58583Click image for larger version

Name:	1913-1918 Monarch   Duncan Pittaway.JPG
Size:	951.9 KB
ID:	58584

Name:	1911 Delage Coupe de l'Auto David Ozanne.JPG
Size:	905.7 KB
ID:	58585Click image for larger version

Name:	1907 Metallurgique Maybach   Brian Moore.jpg
Size:	1,015.7 KB
ID:	58586Click image for larger version

Name:	1916 Sunbeam Indianapolis   Julian Majzub.JPG
Size:	851.7 KB
ID:	58587
Old 25 Mar 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3966674)   #1891
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Its NOT rbs, you gonzo!
The Anglebox is Gordon's…*Three wheels are enough for a brave heart! The blue car is famoustissima!
Abuse accepted, I did not engage brain before operating keyboard, grovelling apologies to my (ex?) friend RBS.

I should have said that the offending photographer was in an alfahoilce haze when fumbling with his Brownie (VivaGT - camera that is).
Attached Thumbnails
rf 90 001.jpg  
Old 25 Mar 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3966675)   #1892
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Seing some details of pre war stuff gives an idea of how brave or unconscious are the drivers. Oil lines running along the dash and magneto cores across the bulkhead for instance…
Old 25 Mar 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3966676)   #1893
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly I'm an idiot as I'd even labelled the 'Minor' picture correctly, so goodness knows why the brain fart

Gerard, I think the first 4 pictures of the batch of 6 were taken from the Luffield spectator banking, while the last 2 were taken from the exit of Copse - there's a spot where I can balance on the barriers and hold on to a speaker pole for stability to shoot over the fence! The spin shots may also have been taken from Luffield as a lot lose it out of Brooklands, but if anybody else recognises a different part of the circuit...
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3966687)   #1894
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
soma Alfa's from 2010

Name:	DSC_0767.JPG
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	58589Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0780.jpg
Size:	659.1 KB
ID:	58590Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0779.JPG
Size:	1,010.0 KB
ID:	58591

Name:	DSC_0770.JPG
Size:	918.6 KB
ID:	58592Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0769.JPG
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	58593Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0776.JPG
Size:	940.7 KB
ID:	58594
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3966707)   #1895
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=Alfaholic;3966676]Clearly I'm an idiot

You get no argument from me on that, but it takes one to know one.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2187.JPG  
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3966708)   #1896
bauble
Veteran

England
RB, I trust you were not on duty when you took the Alfa pictures
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3235.jpg   IMG_3243.jpg   IMG_3839.JPG  

IMG_3842.JPG   IMG_3844.JPG   IMG_6093.jpg  

Old 25 Mar 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3966787)   #1897
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
RB, I trust you were not on duty when you took the Alfa pictures
No, it was a support race to Britcar & I do a few hours of the main event, the first year it ran I was on post for 36 hours so vowed I would only do a bit after that.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3966793)   #1898
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont you think bauble looks great wearing either a toupee or a cap!
Old 26 Mar 2020, 06:10 (Ref:3966879)   #1899
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please RBS, no Alfa(holic) pictures! Bauble is confused enough

Old 26 Mar 2020, 07:34 (Ref:3966887)   #1900
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You can forgive him for that Max, the first days he has hair in the eyes!
Bauble, could you please the Escort series I sent with a special dedicate for Mike? Hope he'll like it.