Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 May 2021, 03:22 (Ref:4051735)   #1876
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I live in Melbourne and am still optimistic the race will happen
Old 15 May 2021, 05:04 (Ref:4051736)   #1877
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
So do I, I have had jab#1 and im not so confident. On account of the slow vaccine rollout. They wont lift restrictions until we are much more advanced with the jabs, which by all accounts from those that know wont be in time for the GP. My thoughts.
Old 15 May 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4051755)   #1878
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look forward to having to eat my words if it does run.
Quote:
Old 15 May 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4051767)   #1879
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I look forward to having to eat my words if it does run.

Without 14 days quarantine for the whole F1 circus it ain't happening.

I also look forward to eating my words too.
Old 15 May 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4051844)   #1880
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So when the UK is overrun following the European Football Cup every politician in the World will put the shutters up.
Old 16 May 2021, 22:31 (Ref:4051986)   #1881
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you see today’s reports that the Australian Open tennis is moving to Doha next year because the players will not do the 14 day quarantine again you might realise your admirable optimism is misplaced.
Late 2022 is the most optimistic time frame I can see.
Old 17 May 2021, 05:56 (Ref:4052006)   #1882
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the AGP spin doctors were getting in before this announcement

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fede...12-p57rdn.html

Tennis Australia is living in the same dreamland that F1 appears to be living in. The last effort virtually bankrupted them and I recall figures of + $80 million AUD being mentioned to run the last open.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...17-p57sio.html

Virgin airlines are saying that deaths are worth open borders....that will go down well with a government facing an election next year.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/virg...17-p57sn2.html
Old 19 May 2021, 22:04 (Ref:4052307)   #1883
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, hope her savings aren't tied up in Virgin stock cause wow. I mean the little guy can think that at home and impact 4 people maybe, but as a business policy? That seems a bit crass at best
Old 20 May 2021, 00:32 (Ref:4052323)   #1884
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wow, hope her savings aren't tied up in Virgin stock cause wow. I mean the little guy can think that at home and impact 4 people maybe, but as a business policy? That seems a bit crass at best
You would think that someone in a position like that would be smart enough to think before they open their mouths.Apparently not in this case.
There are ways you could push for opening up borders without specifically bringing death into the conversation.
Old 20 May 2021, 01:06 (Ref:4052325)   #1885
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought this, but didn’t know how to respond without being crass, so I didn’t! She should have seen that as an option.

You could argue that flying planes already considers the people might die (low chance) verses overall benefit. But it would be a little insensitive to bang on about that.
Old 25 May 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4053291)   #1886
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No direct flights from UK to Austria from 1st June.

It won’t cause a cancellation given teams are in France the week before but could give a logistics problem for teams sending out additional parts.
Old 26 May 2021, 03:52 (Ref:4053384)   #1887
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Hats will be consumed if melbourne goes ahead in 2020.
The virus is spreading again(mind you we are talking dozens not thousands or more), the vax roll out is slow. The borders are still closed.

An election is due within 6 months after the race date. It would look bad if the govt bans people travelling, and bans dances, concerts and even singing in church, or close churches again (PM Morrison is a Hillsong fanatic) but let these multi million dollar "playboys" in for a car race.
Old 26 May 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4053429)   #1888
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Hats will be consumed if melbourne goes ahead in 2020.
The virus is spreading again(mind you we are talking dozens not thousands or more), the vax roll out is slow. The borders are still closed.

An election is due within 6 months after the race date. It would look bad if the govt bans people travelling, and bans dances, concerts and even singing in church, or close churches again (PM Morrison is a Hillsong fanatic) but let these multi million dollar "playboys" in for a car race.
Scotty from marketing will make sure it does not happen in 2022 either because the elections will be around that time as well.
Old 26 May 2021, 22:09 (Ref:4053501)   #1889
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As commented earlier, about Austria, now France has 7 day quarantine announcement ...

The French government announced that from 31 May, anyone arriving from the UK must quarantine for seven days.

The French government announced that from 31 May, anyone arriving from the UK must quarantine for seven days.
Old 27 May 2021, 02:40 (Ref:4053512)   #1890
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Victoria is in a 5 day lock down as of midnight tonight.

If would suggest there is Buckley's and none of this event happening
Old 27 May 2021, 05:11 (Ref:4053513)   #1891
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Victoria is in a 5 day lock down as of midnight tonight.

If would suggest there is Buckley's and none of this event happening
Its actually 7 days.
Restricted to 5 klms from home and only food shopping, medical treatment (and vaccinations), authorised work / education, authorised caregiving and exercise
No home visitors other than one 'intimate partner'.
No visiting friends / family.
Masks everywhere except at home.

Agreed re Buckley's chance of the AGP in November.
Old 27 May 2021, 07:11 (Ref:4053516)   #1892
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yet Australia is on the green list in the UK for countries you can visit.
Old 27 May 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4053523)   #1893
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But the Grand Prix is still not going to happen this year.
Old 27 May 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4053524)   #1894
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
You can visit but you will be required to quarantine in a nominated facility and that will cost about $3000 AUD and you have to line up for a spot to become available in those nominated facilities, no spot no entry unless you are wealthy and can demonstrate an alternative that is acceptable. A lot of film stars are working in and moving to Oz to live and most of them do this. Also this is a big country so individual state embargos can happen but the UK govt most probably can't get their minds around that. West Australia recently had a big dummy spit and refused to allow any entry into the state because the state and the Federal Govt were bickering over quarantine facilities and who was going to stump up for the costs involved and what sites could be used. WA wanted to use an existing RAAF facility, the RAAF went nuts and the Feds backed them.
Old 27 May 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4053526)   #1895
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
More relevant is that foreigners are not allowed into Australia. Who visits Australia is not anything to do with the UK Government. The UK is not on our greenlist, far from it. In fact the only ones effectively with a green light are returning Australians. If they can get flights and get a place in the deliberately limited quarantine facilities here. Limited so our Health Service does not get overwhelmed with COVID treatment.
We have gone into lockdown because we have had 3 dozen community transmissions this week, and are serious about stemming that number. With all respects if the UK had numbers like that Boris would be claiming victory instead of fighting off claims of his gross incompetence over COVID and his government's management of the pandemic in the UK.
Old 27 May 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4053528)   #1896
Casper
Veteran

E. B. beat me to it, I was about to edit my post to say that the Govt is not handing out visitor visas so don't bother applying. The only country that has had some access to Australia and Australia to it is New Zealand and that is an off and on situation. The reason for that is that half of NZ nationals live in Oz. There is a joke that goes around and requests that the last person leaving NZ has to make sure the lights are turned off. Apologies to anyone that might offend but they have plenty of Aussie jokes as well.
Old 27 May 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4053548)   #1897
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We envy you guys down under. Both Australia and NZ have shown how to handle a pandemic, unlike our government
Old 27 May 2021, 22:38 (Ref:4053612)   #1898
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
We envy you guys down under. Both Australia and NZ have shown how to handle a pandemic, unlike our government
Unfortunately they have been completely clueless/negligent on how to handle a vaccination program and how to take their constitutional duty for quarantine.
Old 27 May 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4053613)   #1899
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
speak for yourself. i'm sure the thousands of aussie citizens locked out of their own country and subject to a pretty unpleasant procedure to get a flight home would disagree too, as someone else said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
As commented earlier, about Austria, now France has 7 day quarantine announcement ...

The French government announced that from 31 May, anyone arriving from the UK must quarantine for seven days..
they're playing with fire with this. atm there's no exemptions for sport, and f1 won't have that. likewise i believe austria are being a bit awkward as well.
Old 28 May 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4053620)   #1900
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did they use a nearby airfield to the Ring as a nearby airfield as a means of controlling entry into the biosphere last year?

Could be confusing that with somewhere else though.

Also dont know if they will allow fans or just let people party on that mountain trail overlooking the curcuit again. Covid aside, that looks to be a pretty neat overlook.