Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Feb 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2828190)   #1926
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Where are those 5 cars though? One is with Jota, one with the TBA team, one with Villois in GT Open... what about the other two?
Jota in LMS
Villois in GT Open
Triple A in Super GT
Gulf Team First In ILMC
And the unannounced effort
Old 9 Feb 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2828191)   #1927
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Jota in LMS
Villois in GT Open
Triple A in Super GT
Gulf Team First In ILMC
And the unannounced effort
Thank you.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2828326)   #1928
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
During the RLM programme covering the ACO press conference this morning, I'm sure I heard Hindy say the new AMR ONE's (LMP1's) are Cosworth 2 litre turbo powered. It's the first time I've heard Cosworth mentioned in association with this project. Is this correct? Did I imagine it? Did I miss something?
Old 9 Feb 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2828336)   #1929
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
During the RLM programme covering the ACO press conference this morning, I'm sure I heard Hindy say the new AMR ONE's (LMP1's) are Cosworth 2 litre turbo powered. It's the first time I've heard Cosworth mentioned in association with this project. Is this correct? Did I imagine it? Did I miss something?
Interestingly listening to the RLM 2010 Sportscar Review podcast last night (and yes, I know I'm a bit behind the times), they mentioned that the engine was being built by Cosworth. Like you, I hadn't been aware of this, but at least Mr Hindhaugh is being consistent.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2828520)   #1930
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
An interview with Stefan Mucke today: http://www.86400.fr/articles/125-ste...r-tres-bientot

The car is almost finished and can do a shakedown any day now.

They registered one car for the full ILMC season, but have not yet decided which races they will participate in. Only Le Mans is certain at the moment. They are unsure whether they can make Sebring.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2828613)   #1931
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Vantage GT2 is the only AM that has not won a Championship, right?
Old 9 Feb 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2828616)   #1932
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Of the current Prodrive-run cars? Quite right.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2828625)   #1933
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Of the current Prodrive-run cars? Quite right.
Yes I'm not talking about the future
Old 9 Feb 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2828627)   #1934
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Yes I'm not talking about the future
Well there's plenty of Aston Martin racing cars in the past that haven't won championships... or even races for that matter.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2828631)   #1935
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
there have been a few disapointments over the years.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2828792)   #1936
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
This might be a more than usually left field one, but Radio Le Mans' Midweek Motorsport tonight dropped some pretty broad hints about Nico Hulkenberg being involved in a manufacturer sportscar effort, and that there was some major news to come about the Aston Martin project.

Is this the RLM crew having an imaginative speculative joke with us, or might there be some legs to this?
Old 9 Feb 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2828806)   #1937
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't they say a few weeks back they basically knew the Aston line-up so has something changed to comment on it tonight?

I didn't hear all the show this week but it sounded as if more than one driver was a suprise.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2828808)   #1938
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The engine has nothing to do with cosworth, it is designed and built in house just like everything else on the car with the exception of the gearbox.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2828814)   #1939
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
The engine has nothing to do with cosworth, it is designed and built in house just like everything else on the car with the exception of the gearbox.
So Mr H is mistaken........I did wonder.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2828981)   #1940
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Mr Cox? Just be careful what you say on here. You never know who might read it. I try to avoid anything to do with where I work!

Let the speculation run rampant, it usually does anyway!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2829277)   #1941
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Mr Cox? Just be careful what you say on here. You never know who might read it. I try to avoid anything to do with where I work!

Dont worry i would never say anything that shouldnt be said. Very little has been released about this program and it shall stay that way until the launch.
What i will say is that im very excited for the year ahead and i hope it brings us success.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 01:36 (Ref:2829433)   #1942
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

That's part of the fun here!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2829542)   #1943
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Totally agree with the sentiment Tim, we wouldn't want anyone jeopardising their job or abusing privileged information. I frequently get a bee in my bonnet about journalists breaking embargos or revealing information against the wishes of teams or individuals.

But, it's very much appreciated and in everyone's interest when an informed member posts something that puts the record straight, as in this instance.

My thanks to Mr Cox!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2829568)   #1944
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I had no problem, and I doubt anyone at Prodrive would, with what was said. I read APPRENTICE, and worry that sometimes mouths can run away with the owner.
It would be a shame to lose that "informed insider"!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2829583)   #1945
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I had no problem, and I doubt anyone at Prodrive would, with what was said. I read APPRENTICE, and worry that sometimes mouths can run away with the owner.
It would be a shame to lose that "informed insider"!
Totally agree, I was simply using your post as a way to properly thank acox93 for the info.

Old 12 Feb 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2829986)   #1946
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
An interview with Stefan Mucke today: http://www.86400.fr/articles/125-ste...r-tres-bientot

The car is almost finished and can do a shakedown any day now.

They registered one car for the full ILMC season, but have not yet decided which races they will participate in. Only Le Mans is certain at the moment. They are unsure whether they can make Sebring.

Very late this simple "shakedown", the Aston LMP1 risks to lack of developpment for Sebring and even Spa and Le Mans
Old 12 Feb 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2830067)   #1947
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Dont worry about Prodrive.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2830253)   #1948
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I tend not to. But even Big Guns can misfire...
It all seems a touch rushed.
But treating Sebring as a Shake Down may not be so bad. It's known as a car breaker track, so if it survives, it all looks good, no?
Old 12 Feb 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2830276)   #1949
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know if it applies to the Aston but I was watching a program about the Mini WRC which said much of the car was designed on computer with extra time dedicated to perfecting fine details rather than rushing the build of the car.

Since the cars hit the stages it reportedly hasn't missed a beat.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 05:36 (Ref:2830395)   #1950
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Personally, I think that AMR having the car ready for Sebring will be a bit of a stretch. Audi have more resources and far more experience with sportscar racing, and they'll run R15s at Sebring instead of R18s, a big part of which concerns logistics--even if the R18 is proven to be reliable and fast, there'll like be a parts/spares shortage, and Audi learned from the early days of the R15 how much of a logistical nightmare that can end up being.

Even Peugeot had issues with that with the new 908, as it seems that their test program was slowed by one of their cars being destroyed, and a spares shortage breifly held up the program.

AMR might be at Sebring, but they're a far way behind Peugeot and Audi, who've rolled out cars and raced at Sebring in the past in a short time. It worked with the R8 and the R10, but their luck ran out on the R15, and Audi doesn't want to run the risk of that happening again, which also explains why Peugeot have tested since late July. They don't want to repeat the hard early days of the old 908 again.