Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 2005, 04:41 (Ref:1451044)   #176
cav
Racer

cav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you may have been a serious serious bloke Williams F1, what has icecream got to do with it. Still dont know about the tyres.

I am with you EMR39, anyone who thinks those cars resemble a go kart is as much mistaken as anyone who compares a Daewoo with a formula one.

I do remember the incident kmsport refers to, P Ward was leading a race at the original Surfers Paradise Circuit in the Bob Jane Monaro and T Edmondson in the Alfetta V8 crashed into the back while trying to overtake him on the fast sweeper under the bridge.I have an old Motoracing year book which has a pic of Ward Leading the race just before the crash. The race was stopped and Ward was classified as the winner.
I was at a T Mart function in melbourne quite a while ago and was in company with several other people in a group listening to Bob Jane Jane telling yarns of racing( like I said quite a lot of years ago when Jane was pretty sociable) and that crash came up. Jane was actually there at that event as he had his chief mechanic Purcell (cant remember his first name)looking after the Monaro and he told us that Phil Ward actually was responsible for initially putting out the fire that engulfed Tony Edmondsons car and he believed that Ward actually saved Edmondsons life.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1451068)   #177
cav
Racer

The more I think about it kmsport that is a a pretty outrageous statement, firstly to slag the cars that have put on a great show at all the major events and then to slag the bloke who made the sport so accessible to so many people at this top level makes your comments pretty childish.
When Ward raced the Bob Jane Monaro in the eighties he regularly blew off the likes of Allan Moffat in the Monza and Gricey in the corvair, he could drive then and still does pretty well now. He has not just been a driver but has developed and built a category which is enabling a lot of people to compete who in the past would have never had the chance, if you want to slag him then you have lost me.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1451089)   #178
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will they build BA Falcon or VZ Commodore bodies?
Old 3 Nov 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1451133)   #179
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a serious bloke mate, but I can't show my hand too soon and as for the tyres, well it is not a decision I am to make, I'm just as curious about it as you are....

But I think mount Panorama hit it on the head as yokohama are sponsor of the series and it is the next evo in tyre that fits that catagory.... nothing wild like slicks etc....

good gear!

and icecream......

well you asked for a scoop, and I simply stated I had none.... get it?
Old 3 Nov 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1451226)   #180
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea about what tyres the ARC will run next year. We use the 32's in Improved Production and we have been told that 32 will be replaced by 48's
http://www.yokohamatire.com/advan/default.asp

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 3 Nov 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1451615)   #181
cav
Racer

As far as I can see I dont think that Yokohama are the series sponsor but only sponsor some cars. What do you mean about showing your hand too soon, do you have some other tyre info as I did hear rumour about slicks
Old 3 Nov 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1451654)   #182
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
I suppose what your goals were. F4000 are the fastest cars in Aus and if you wanted to do the open wheel route, you'd go with F4000.

If you wanted to move up the Avesco hierachy then you would do the Aussie Racers

Interesting observation. F4000 as a way to get ahead in open wheelers PMsl , I think Formula Ford and then get the hell out of Australia might be a more sound plan there. Havent F4000 been dropped as the gold star championship, and are set to lose there national championship status ??? I doubt to many people over seas would see the value in beating 5 old rich farts in a 5 year old car, with an engine they have never heard of, running as a support class for some obscure series.

I am struggling to find anyone that has come from Aussie cars to anywhere else, a bit like commodore cup. No I think if you want to get into V8's your going to do FF,(maybe F3) Careera Cup, Konica in that order, and then hope like hell that you get a gig in the enduroes

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 3 Nov 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1451691)   #183
EMR39

How about Lee Holdsworth coming out of Commodore Cup. Firstly for a drive in the Konicas with Smithy, with him at the enduros, then to be picked up by GRM this year for the enduros. If you can impress the right people, there's no need to go right through the ranks. Aussie racers are still a very young category to be producing drivers for other categories, just wait another couple of years, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Old 3 Nov 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1451705)   #184
cav
Racer

Good points EMR39 or maybe EMR 1 in 2007 after your Indy performance. I think the reality is that irrespective of your ability it is only the amount of money you have(and generally not sponsor money) that allows a driver to progress. The facts are that I understand that Brad Lowe, Tim Monte and Nick Simmons who are all in Aussie Racing have had V8 Tests and I saw an article in Motorsport News that said that Garry Rogers will be running a second GRM Aussie Racing Car so there will be another driver who will get the chance. I also have heard that there are other V8 Teams running cars next year. That is a pretty good support for the class from the top teams I would have thought.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1451711)   #185
EMR39

Sorry Cav, Edwards Motor Racing is going into hibernation next year. Hoping to scout for a drive over the next 12-24 months and resurface again in either '07 or '08. Hopefully I can go out in winning fashion at Tassie. I had a very promising test in a FF earlier in the year so maybe that'll be the place to spot me in the future.

Old 13 Nov 2005, 01:24 (Ref:1459295)   #186
williamsf1
Veteran

so any news or info from tassie??? tyres? TV?
Old 14 Nov 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1460693)   #187
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlooker
Interesting observation. F4000 as a way to get ahead in open wheelers PMsl , I think Formula Ford and then get the hell out of Australia might be a more sound plan there. Havent F4000 been dropped as the gold star championship, and are set to lose there national championship status ??? I doubt to many people over seas would see the value in beating 5 old rich farts in a 5 year old car, with an engine they have never heard of, running as a support class for some obscure series.

I am struggling to find anyone that has come from Aussie cars to anywhere else, a bit like commodore cup. No I think if you want to get into V8's your going to do FF,(maybe F3) Careera Cup, Konica in that order, and then hope like hell that you get a gig in the enduroes
There are no five year old cars in F4000. They range in age from seven to fourteen years old.

This year Formula 3 was faster than Formula 4000 at each circuit both raced at.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1461081)   #188
williamsf1
Veteran

ok still looking for insight regarding next year, tyres? rule changes? TV?

cheers....
Old 15 Nov 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1461272)   #189
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hang on a sec! If I was a competitive driver, I can think of nothing more fun that racing amongst that bunch! Paul Kemal has won 9 of his last 10 races, and you couldn't get the grin off his face with an angle grinder! Forget the crowds, forget the "stairway to heaven" which doesn't exist unless you are an SORF, and this is where real motorsport is alive and well.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1461664)   #190
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone shed any light on what Mark Duckworth was driving in Tassy...

The resuls showed Mazda 6. Is this a new body for the series???
Old 16 Nov 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1462048)   #191
noeleon
Rookie

noeleon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Duckworth is one of the original characters of the group and enjoys nothing more than teasing gulliable people, all in good fun of course, and by calling his car something different as he has in this case is one of the ways he gets a laugh!

If you check his driver profile sheet on the ARC site, http://www.aussieracingcars.com.au/drivers.php?c=34 you will see its a ARC Falcon, there are no plans for any new models in the near future, however, Im sure If Mazda came along or any other car maufactuer with enough money then they may twist PWs arm to make a few!

And for the record ... Mark came 2nd in the Masters Championship this year, well done to the old guy LOL
Old 16 Nov 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1462070)   #192
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
ok still looking for insight regarding next year, tyres? rule changes? TV?

cheers....
What is the big deal with tyres, have you heard something and are just fishing for it on here?
I believe that they will run some rounds with Avesco and some with Cams. the Cams rounds will have tv, the Avesco ones will not.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1462250)   #193
williamsf1
Veteran

No I havent heard anything, and Im not fishing.... I just wanted to know if the current tyre was being phased out, (as its out of production, and hard to buy overseas....)

the rest of the info is just for interest sake, and I would like to have as much info as possible before jumping in the deep end

cheers....
Old 16 Nov 2005, 22:26 (Ref:1462700)   #194
cav
Racer

I think you are a bit of a dreamer williams f1, to be pretending to gather info here on a forum that would influence the purchase of a car is certainly pretty lame. I thought you were going to ring the car maker and get the facts for us all!

And hey bigguy, you have got it in one, there is no other category that is so alive and well.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1462963)   #195
williamsf1
Veteran

Lame? hmmmm how much racing have you done mate? There is no dreaming here, I think you have the wrong forum
Old 17 Nov 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1463031)   #196
cav
Racer

Well, are you going to get the info for us or not. I have not done much racing(sort of none really) but I bet you have done less particularly when an involvement in a category hinges on tyres that maybe or maybe not is unexplained on a forum.

Anyone know who won the series and did Kemal win again in Tasmania.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1463076)   #197
The Pressure !!
Racer

Australia
Sydney
The Pressure !! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Monte won the series (and well deserved too)

I won 3 out of the 4 races and came 19th in the other
Finished 3rd overall for the weekend.

I have no idea about tyres for next year and as far as i am aware neither does anybody else. Maybe someone should ring up Yokohama/Gordon Leven tyres for more infomation....
Old 17 Nov 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1463088)   #198
williamsf1
Veteran

yep that was the info I was getting too.... at this stage Im still thinking its the A032R but you just never know with these things...
Old 18 Nov 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1463829)   #199
cav
Racer

Hey Williams f1 how is this for a scoop and not your icecream either. I have been told (3rd hand) that a guy who delivers stuff to the Aussie Cars factory saw a big pile of slicks and some fitted on a car in the factory,(cant tell you what brand though) sounds like they are going to be even faster next year wont that be a hoot to watch.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1463999)   #200
williamsf1
Veteran

well that makes sense to me, and I wasnt fishing.... I was just after some clear answers to be able to go forward with plans for next year.... better to get on the new rubber early and get used to the way it effects the car I say

any guess?
Closed Thread