Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Apr 2014, 02:42 (Ref:3391780)   #176
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im just putting two and two together here but ..... TKS has recently relocated his living to New York state , funnily enough where Dyson is based . TKS is driving with Dyson in the Greaves Zytek ..... and Dyson & Greaves have some news coming soon is the rumour .

I reckon TKS will be part of any Dyson campaign .
I like that pair. TKS is one of the best and Dyson would be well served to keep him employed.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3391907)   #177
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, at the risk of going off topic, I'm just trying to think of what experience with front engined GT cars TKS has. I seem to remember him being no slouch in a Panoz.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3391920)   #178
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Hmm, at the risk of going off topic, I'm just trying to think of what experience with front engined GT cars TKS has. I seem to remember him being no slouch in a Panoz.
He won Le Mans in one. He's in a great position if Dyson do end up bagging the Bentleys in the States.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3392109)   #179
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ProSpeed switching from GTE to GTC

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...s-gtc-program/

The GTE was damaged at the Ricard test. But it seems like they are admitting they don't quite have the line-up to compete in the top GT class.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3392273)   #180
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ben Barker has announced on his Facebook page, that he will be driving the Gulf Racing Porsche RSR this season.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3429584)   #181
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry List for 4H Of Red Bull Ring.

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...entry_list.pdf

Extra Porsche in GTE for Felbermayr Sr & Jr.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3429593)   #182
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Entry List for 4H Of Red Bull Ring.

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...entry_list.pdf

Extra Porsche in GTE for Felbermayr Sr & Jr.
Not a surprise, as they they did the same thing last year.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3429610)   #183
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some entries are gone from GTC (Team Ukraine and SLR Audi), but nice to see the second Greaves car back.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3429641)   #184
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
Some entries are gone from GTC (Team Ukraine and SLR Audi), but nice to see the second Greaves car back.
Also not on the entry list is Larbre Competition.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3429644)   #185
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Also not on the entry list is Larbre Competition.
Larbre were supposed to be running a WEC programme post Le Mans - but you wouldn't have thought that would stop them showing up at RBR.

Also notice that ADR Delta's plans to run there seem, so far, to have come to nothing.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3429713)   #186
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Larbre were supposed to be running a WEC programme post Le Mans - but you wouldn't have thought that would stop them showing up at RBR.

Also notice that ADR Delta's plans to run there seem, so far, to have come to nothing.
About the only good thing that comes from the three month summer break in the WEC schedule is an opportunity for the P2 and GTE-Am teams to do some racing in ELMS. Unfortunately, that seems like a theoretical opportunity, as only one car seems to be taking advantage of it.

Crubilé Sport also isn’t entered. Not sure if that’s a surprise or not.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3429806)   #187
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
...and Perrodo and Collard have switched to the inevitable extra AF Corse 458, shared with Yannick Mallegol, whose regular AF 458 in GTC seems to have gone AWOL...

Looking at GTC, the Loeb Audi and Ukraine Ferrari haven't been out since Silverstone, so we may have seen the last of them in ELMS this year?
Old 3 Jul 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3429819)   #188
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Larbre skipped Imola already... no surprises here. And last year they aimed to enter their second Corvette for ELMS but it didn't show up

You know I was gonna suggest they might not race at all for the remaining of the year despite what they might've said of WEC - knowing they would still get entry for Le Mans next year since they're, you know French and good buddies and all. But then I remembered that during the last six seasons their entries has only four times been accepted straight outhand, and usually because of the auto entries. During that time they've had to settle to the reserve list two times (this year with the Oak-Pesca P2 and in 2009 with the Saleen). I'd think there are many other French teams with much better relationship with the ACO
Old 3 Jul 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3429821)   #189
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Larbre skipped Imola already... no surprises here. And last year they aimed to enter their second Corvette for ELMS but it didn't show up

You know I was gonna suggest they might not race at all for the remaining of the year despite what they might've said of WEC - knowing they would still get entry for Le Mans next year since they're, you know French and good buddies and all. But then I remembered that during the last six seasons their entries has only four times been accepted straight outhand, and usually because of the auto entries. During that time they've had to settle to the reserve list two times (this year with the Oak-Pesca P2 and in 2009 with the Saleen). I'd think there are many other French teams with much better relationship with the ACO
ricky taylor was in their morgan this year at le mans, this let me think that larbre is still in the GM circle, and surely next year will be in WEC with a C7R in gtam.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3429826)   #190
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe but in their original 2014 press releases they said this in context of their additional French Carrera Cup program:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Leconte
“So the decision has been made. Larbre Competition will return to the Carrera Cup and race the way we believe is correct: without Balance of Performance!”
But perhaps that was just provocative
Old 3 Jul 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3429828)   #191
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

I get the distinct impression the Larbre Morgan entry is transforming into the emphatically gentleman-driver Oak entry we've seen in previous years. I suppose in that light, given the level of stretch Oak is at (developing the Ligier, running TUSC and AsLMS, and supporting the client racing programmes in ELMS) putting the Larbre on the grid at RBR might be the sort of overload that Philippe Dumas seems really keen on making sure Oak don't go in for.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3429887)   #192
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
gut reaction says they're not going to find the funds to do anything at this stage in the season. the original cash is clearly never going to happen, lotus f1 shady investor style. and it's difficult to imagine a situation in which a couple of drivers with cash would be looking around for some lmp2 action, for example.

(i guess there's guys like tio ellinas from gp2 who are out of a drive, and maybe jon lancaster too, but if you can't afford gp2 you're probably not gonna have much luck with lmp2 teams looking for a budget)

on another note, it's the ligier's elms debut with thiriet/tds, which is a really exciting prospect.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3429889)   #193
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
gut reaction says they're not going to find the funds to do anything at this stage in the season. the original cash is clearly never going to happen, lotus f1 shady investor style. and it's difficult to imagine a situation in which a couple of drivers with cash would be looking around for some lmp2 action, for example.
Agree - but puts ADR Delta in a difficult position regarding 2015, which is very sad indeed - a quality outfit massively undermined by shady cash - probably goes to argue the old common sense argument of it you can't actually work out what the name on the side of your car actually does, you should ask questions about whether you really want to be relying on them for a supply of cash.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3429893)   #194
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
does it? i guess they've missed out on a season of running a car and collecting data, but does it affect their reputation other than having to go with a shady investor that could have perhaps been their only option to run anything at all? i do agree with you though, it seems like a very risky leap of faith to make.

i would question the wisdom of anyone wanting to run in the wec lmp2 class at the moment for anything other than a big name promotional exercise. in terms of actual opposition and value for money elms is where its at.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3429897)   #195
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
does it? i guess they've missed out on a season of running a car and collecting data, but does it affect their reputation other than having to go with a shady investor that could have perhaps been their only option to run anything at all? i do agree with you though, it seems like a very risky leap of faith to make.

i would question the wisdom of anyone wanting to run in the wec lmp2 class at the moment for anything other than a big name promotional exercise. in terms of actual opposition and value for money elms is where its at.
I guess the damage is done in terms of how likely it is that they'll be smiled upon by the ACO for a slot at the big one in June next year. Having messed things around a bit, and not been able to run anywhere in 2014, combined with what I imagine could be a fair degree of ELMS and possibly AsLMS interest, LMP2 spaces could be at a bit of a premium.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3429900)   #196
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that's a fair point about the perils of winding up the aco. they don't seem very understanding yet. i'm not sure we're over the worst of the shortage of viable entries yet though, there's another year or so of that to come. teams and groups of people expressing interest is just a way of saying "we're open to investment and drivers with budget on google looking for a drive next year should give us a call". elms has an excellent grid but if you look at it from a third party and potentially longer term money point of view it's not particularly cash rich. and it's mobile cash as well - if jota and signatech alpine moved on then it'd look a bit sparse at the front.

perhaps given the way that murphy are subcontracting themselves out to run cars for asian teams in the wec and the asian lms there's a market there for those proficient in due diligence.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3429988)   #197
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
...and Perrodo and Collard have switched to the inevitable extra AF Corse 458, shared with Yannick Mallegol
An interview with Francois Perrodo on Sportscar365:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...o-the-fia-wec/

Looks as if the switch to the Ferrari is for the rest of the season, in order to have a more competitive car: ''the idea is to return to the front stage and the Ferrari seems more appropriate" (On the WEC front, for COTA they're also planning to lease the Proton 991 that Dempsey used at Le Mans).
Old 4 Jul 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3430159)   #198
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:
I guess the damage is done in terms of how likely it is that they'll be smiled upon by the ACO for a slot at the big one in June next year. Having messed things around a bit, and not been able to run anywhere in 2014, combined with what I imagine could be a fair degree of ELMS and possibly AsLMS interest, LMP2 spaces could be at a bit of a premium.
Agreed. 2015 is likely going to be a tough year for ELMS entries to get LM24 invites — the addition of Nissan to P1 probably takes three spots that would otherwise have gone to ELMS cars and Vipe says that they’ll have the money to do Le Mans next year as well, which is two more spots.

ADR Delta in any case likely has to put together a WEC program in 2015 to get an invite. The ACO did not look favorably upon teams that went from the WEC in 2013 down to ELMS in 2014 — Larbre and the second IMSA Performance car were both only named as reserves. There’s no reason to believe the same thing won’t happen next year.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3430163)   #199
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, slightly off topic, but where did Dodge/SRT say they'd be able to do Le Mans next year? Not doubting you, I just missed it.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3430192)   #200
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Sorry, slightly off topic, but where did Dodge/SRT say they'd be able to do Le Mans next year? Not doubting you, I just missed it.
Theyre looking to lease the cars to a team to run in the wec. Link is here- http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...-lease-program