Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2152589)   #176
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1toy
great q session. pretty mixed up and yet not raining.

prediction: kubica will go montoya on l.h. at t1.
What pull off a brilliant bit of opportunistic skill to overtake him?

Shame for Glock having to drop 5 places, He did quite well, he's basically a rookie after all....

Shame also for Webbo, top 5 might've been on for him?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2152598)   #177
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Glock's been dropped another five places for ignoring yellow flags on top of the gearbox penalty.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2152601)   #178
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
What pull off a brilliant bit of opportunistic skill to overtake him?
as in brasil!

otherwise

Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2152605)   #179
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good man

I was worried you were being unflattering to Mr Montoya for a minute!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2152620)   #180
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky

I'm so happy for Alonso too
There's that sarcasm again!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2152621)   #181
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
I wonder why Davidson's been so far behind Sato all weekend.
Taku always drives balls out, bless him. Ant's MO is to take a technical approach, with only one test day in the current car (Taku had 3) and less laps in practice to sort his car due to a technical issue. Also as an ex development/test driver he'd be very concious that they have precious few spare parts for the first two races.
He'll fight back as he gets to grips sorting the car out, unlikely in the first 2 races tho.

Last edited by Rennen; 15 Mar 2008 at 16:27.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2152630)   #182
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Good man

I was worried you were being unflattering to Mr Montoya for a minute!

ty chunt.

prediction based on:

kubica, said to be on fumes, needs to make the move right away.
and.

who since the great one has had more brass than jpm when it comes to big moves.

kubica has chance to make frank look like a genius.

oh, forgot. he is.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2152669)   #183
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just looked at the Youtube of Hamilton.

Apart from the fact that he puts in a perfect 4 wheel drift, if that's what we can expect its going to be a great race visually if nothing else. I look forward to the video that is being taped for me.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2152675)   #184
HugeF1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
HugeF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved that session. Great to see the cars sliding and spinning properly again.
Kudos to Kubica for a sensational lap. Pity he couldn't get pole though.

Hamilton or Kubica for the win "for sure".

Poor Webbo though. He used all his luck up in Australia in 02.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2152678)   #185
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The visual is great indeed, drivers putting talent to keep the car in the track and running fast, but what stands out is that you can see that someone's really making the difference while others are just struggling to drive.

Kubica was awesome and he lost the corner almost went to the grass and STILL made his best lap, that was worth all the qualifying.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2152740)   #186
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That was a great lap indeed by Kubica...
Old 15 Mar 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2152744)   #187
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, it was really nice to see F1 cars be that lively again and move about the track in such "organic" fidelity instead of looking like they were on rails. Going to be interesting to see consistency pay off over a race distance.

And Heidfeld seemed quite satisfied with his time. I wonder how heavy he's really running. And how light Kubica is running compared to Massa and Hamilton.

I'm picking Hamilton, Kubica or Heidfeld for the win.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2152766)   #188
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm picking Robby. For once, I will be nationalistic (heritage wise, at least) and go for a fellow "Countryman."
Old 15 Mar 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2152772)   #189
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Well there goes my chance of a big score in the predictions competition - I had Kimi down for pole and the win. Still, could be interesting with him way down the field.

Great qualifying by Kubica - I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do in the race. Even if he's on low fuel, I've got absolutely no doubt that he won't be afraid to take the fight to the McLarens.

Alonso. (sorry, Alonso fans...there was just something fantastic about watching him stomp through the garage after getting out of his car)

Bad luck for Webber - I don't understand the pages of insults, do we blame sudden brake failure on drivers now? I'm no fan of the guy, but come on.

I'm looking forward to the race - bring on 4.30am. I should go to bed soon.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Mar 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2152774)   #190
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope his has put to bed the argument that TC was a good thing!! What great entertainment. Opposite lock, the years just rolled back. Fantastic.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2152777)   #191
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi will be interesting at the start, in terms of how well he will launch his car vs those around him who perhaps aren't so smooth with throttle application.

JB could make up a number of places off the start too.

I'm going to be a bit silly, stick my neck out and go NH for the race win!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2152790)   #192
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also think it's really interesting that Hamilton looks such a natural. he's clearly got great car control as well as his other assets. The problem with the regs up until recently was you simply couldn't tell who was skillful and who was in a great car. Now you can. I'm slightly surprised by Kubica. At the British GP quali last year I thought he was on the TC markedly more than any one else. Full throttle way before the apex and letting the electronics sort it, but today suggests the lad can really drive , so good luck to him.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2152849)   #193
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

People have been banging on about how smooth drivers will benefit the most from no TC. My take is that it's simply the most naturally gifted and outright quick guys that will show what they are made of. The cars now really need seat of the pants 'feel' more than ever. Drivers have to push to get the time but any slight sign of the car getting out of shape has to be manhandled back into line.

Therefore, Lewis is most definitely one of those guys.....

It's fantastic to see the steering correction from the cockpit as well as the putside shots of the cars squirming about into and out of the corners.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2152911)   #194
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly, mate. Looks like some real exciting races are coming !
Old 15 Mar 2008, 22:02 (Ref:2152915)   #195
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
So whos gonna mess up their start then?

Wheelspin on the line for the first time since...?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2152951)   #196
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see it now, Alonso wheelspins on the line, can't control it and round it goes taking all the grid out behind him
Old 15 Mar 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2152976)   #197
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
That was a great lap indeed by Kubica...
Yes, and he didn't appear to lift when he went off!

But Heikki seems to be trying hard not to appear as fast as he really is, what happens if he gets in front after Lewis and Robert battle it out at the 1st corner?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2152987)   #198
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
Yes, and he didn't appear to lift when he went off!

But Heikki seems to be trying hard not to appear as fast as he really is, what happens if he gets in front after Lewis and Robert battle it out at the 1st corner?
Yes, Robby's new name will be "Robert 'Zero Lift' Kubica." Anyone else see a nice ring to that?
Old 16 Mar 2008, 00:37 (Ref:2153020)   #199
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Moss
I can see it now, Alonso wheelspins on the line, can't control it and round it goes taking all the grid out behind him
At least that won't be too many cars then....
Old 16 Mar 2008, 01:00 (Ref:2153035)   #200
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, because Alonso has NEVER driven pre-TC F1 cars.